Telepeage.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
You can't. It's unfortunately only for class 1 vehicles.

See the following:

Restrictions? This system is reserved for vehicles of category 1., ie of less than 2 meters height. In other words, the advantages of the t

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
The only available websites seem to be in French - but all state that the Telepeage facility is not available to caravans. Routiers (HGVs) pay an additional toll as a Class 3 vehicle - though telepeage is available to them. I suspect that if you drove through the toll booth with the higher height restriction that you would be charged as an HGV - a rather costly manoeuvre, I would have thought.

If you're still in doubt then perhaps ask Liber-T themselves but I suspect you will still get the same answer.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Not according to this (or the 2metre high banner across the toll-booths)

Yes. Your vehicle has to be a 'Class 1' vehicle. That is to say a vehicle not more than 2 metres high, and not more than 3.5 tonnes in weight. Vehicles towing trailers or caravans are eligible as long as they fit the 'Class 1' brief.

May 2, 2006
Visit site
Very interesting, hacking through a very long thread that I found on the TotalFrance.Com website -

http://www.totalfrance.com/france/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2036&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=telepeage&&start=0
I turned up postings that made it clear that you can purchase TelePeage devices from several of the French Autoroute operators. It doesn't matter which operator you buy from, you can then use the device on all of the French Autoroute system, including the Millau Bridge.

One of the companies - ALIS - have an offer where you don't need to make a deposit for the device and can even have a small discount on one of the stretches of autoroute in their area. The other important thing is that you can have devices that will pay for Class 1 (Cars under 2 metres); Class 2 (Motorhomes and cars towing caravans taller than 2 metres; and also Class 5 (Motorbikes). So, for example, you could have one unit that you use when driving solo, and another one when you are towing the van.

Here is their web page about it - http://www.offres-alis.com/gb/confort.php

I think we will definitely have a piece of this.

Cheers

Mike A

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts