terrano/maverick

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brian. It is obvious that people can hear him talking when he is sitting down as kangeroos are quite often seen sitting back on their haunches doing nothing except waiting to pounce or chase some unsusepcting individual whether man or animal. That is when they are not bouncing about using unecessary energy and contributing to the so called "global warming" effect. However in Australia it may be a tad too hot for them. It may be a good idea to have roo bars fitted to 4x4s to kill off some of these pests.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brian. It is obvious that people can hear him talking when he is sitting down as kangeroos are quite often seen sitting back on their haunches doing nothing except waiting to pounce or chase some unsusepcting individual whether man or animal. That is when they are not bouncing about using unecessary energy and contributing to the so called "global warming" effect. However in Australia it may be a tad too hot for them. It may be a good idea to have roo bars fitted to 4x4s to kill off some of these pests.
PS before any comments - Yes I have a Daihatsu 4x4 for towing and everyday use. Driving solo I average about 36mpg and towing I average 32mpg. How does that compare with a large gas guzzeling BMW? As of yet I have not fitted roo bars, also I have not hit anybody/thing as I consider myself a careful driver with 40 years motoring and only one endorsment/no points. With the added height of the vehicle I can read the road better so as to avoid any problems whenever possible.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
another 4x4 menace!
I drive a car generally (new Focus 2.0 tdci)so the wife has the 4x4 .Its ideal for her job,a community psychiatric nurse with all the highways and bus lanes of North London to contend with and it comes into its own on the school run as there is a particularly high kerb outside the school gates.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
PS before any comments - Yes I have a Daihatsu 4x4 for towing and everyday use. Driving solo I average about 36mpg and towing I average 32mpg. How does that compare with a large gas guzzeling BMW? As of yet I have not fitted roo bars, also I have not hit anybody/thing as I consider myself a careful driver with 40 years motoring and only one endorsment/no points. With the added height of the vehicle I can read the road better so as to avoid any problems whenever possible.
Tell that to the kid that runs out in front of you from in between parked cars ...............ooops what am saying kids splattered across your high front bumper can't hear anything BECAUSE THEY ARE DEAD!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I drive a car generally (new Focus 2.0 tdci)so the wife has the 4x4 .Its ideal for her job,a community psychiatric nurse with all the highways and bus lanes of North London to contend with and it comes into its own on the school run as there is a particularly high kerb outside the school gates.
brian, did your wife meet you at work?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes yes I admit it I am envious ............... I really would like a vehicle that does 20mpg as i like spending money, I like the handling as they roll about the road nothing like that sick feeling as though you are on board ship .... i look good with that green colour in my face, I like how they accelerate to the national speed limit as it means i get more time to read the newspaper. I could go on how much i like 4x4's but the gorgeous bmw is calling to get me back to my senses ......... pah 44mpg, sharp handling, great ride, beautiful interior (certainly not out of a truck) build quality, great badge who needs it?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm afraid so, I was so embarrassed by having such a bad car, I have had nothing but trouble with it, and it is so slow with such an awful hard ride what with the self leveling suspension. A bad mistake i'm afraid to admit

TRENDING THREADS