Tewkesbury Abbey Caravan Club Site

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone stayed here, if so can I have your comments please, we are a family with 2 children aged 5 & 8 and are looking for sites in this area, Gloucestershire - Forest of Dean, any suggestions.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I have been a few years ago and am booked to go again Mayday weekend,it is a typical CC site (they all tend to look much the same.It is on the edge of the town so you never need you car.The town is an interesting place to explore when we went we walked upstream alongside the Avon to Twyning where ther is the riverside Fleet pub had a couple of drinks and a bite to eat and caught the taxi boat back which lands you about 100yds from the site.

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
We stay at Whitemead Forest Park which is in Lydney, Gloucester. It is excellent for children indoor pool, daytime activities for children of all ages, evening entertainment for children and adults. Great for walking and cycling. Have a look on their website. We are off there next week for the first of many visits this year.

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
We're off to Whitemead last weekend in Feb. Looks great, not a lover of club houses, but the pool is useful for our two kids. Great for cycling too. living near Cardiff, we have taken our bikes around forest of dean before and at 4 and 6 both my kids cycled 12 miles each, got them to sleep that night.

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Been to Tewkesbury Abbey many times - only about 10 minutes from M5 junction - really nice CC site all grass pitches and two/three toilet blocks - right in Tewkesbury town by the abbey and two minute walk into the centre for shops and pubs - good market on Saturdays - walks down to the river and the marina - plenty to do in the area and handy for days out in the Cotswolds - Slimbridge not too fa away - can recommend the Brewers Fayre down the main road by the M5 junction - site can get busy so book in advance

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We went about 5 years ago. We had a motorhome at the time. Really good location, short walk into town and playing fields and childrens play area just outside the gate. I do remember that some of the pitches seemed a bit small. We had an empty pitch between us and the bins and you would not have got a van and awning in it, and we only had a motorhome, no awning or car so we weren't taking up a whole pitch.

mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We used Tewkesbury as a one night stop over last summer. Although the site itself is fine we found the locking of the large double entrance gates at night rather off putting. How dodgy does Tewkesbury get at night?

Don't think we would use it again.

Andy

TRENDING THREADS