The caravan I would like doesn't exist

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
We have been looking at new caravans and come to the conclusion that our ideal, doesn't actually exist! We would like a single axle, not too long, twin beds BUT still with a good washroom. To manage this we would sacrifice the front beds and have two nice, probably leather, recliner chairs which could be used for both eating and lounging. This caravan must also have pale wood and an airy feel. Is there a need for this for two people, or is it just me!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi chrissylizzie,

What you have described , I have seen is quite a few Motorhomes, the problem with them is the fixed bed is to high of the floor if you suffer from bad legs.

Royston

May 12, 2005
Visit site
ChrissyLizzie,

I have a LMC 520hte it has a nice end washroom with long twin beds (I`m 6ft3in and don`t have a problem)the front U shaped lounge could be removed and make way for your chairs. I don`t know what you reguard as not too long mine is 7.3mtr shipping lengh, have a look at their web site there are other layouts, the main british dealer are continental caravans at Crosshands s/Wales.

Hope this helps

Tony A.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
ChrissyLizzie,

I have a LMC 520hte it has a nice end washroom with long twin beds (I`m 6ft3in and don`t have a problem)the front U shaped lounge could be removed and make way for your chairs. I don`t know what you reguard as not too long mine is 7.3mtr shipping lengh, have a look at their web site there are other layouts, the main british dealer are continental caravans at Crosshands s/Wales.

Hope this helps

Tony A.
Thanks Tony. I think I have their brochure - I will have a look. Do you like the twin beds?

Chris

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
ChrissyLizzie,

Hope this helps

Tony A.
Another thought Tony - do you have any trouble with the door being on the 'wrong'side with regards to awnings etc. when on site? I have just looked in the new catalogue and cannot find that number. Do you have a particular model range please?

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Chrissylizzie,

The beds are great with srung beech slats very comfy, although we have put on mattress toppers I`m not sure they are any more comfy than before,(don`t tell the wife).

I never notice the doors on the "wrong" side, no one has ever comented with regards awnings etc.

The model is the Munsterland 520HTE shipping lenght 7.36mtrs

total weight 1400kgs.

there is another similar model with a smaller bathroom :- favourite 495E shipping

lenght 7.020mtr total weight 1350kgs.

GOGGLE :- LMC caravans, and either translate the German site, or go into Continental Caravan`s site, they are the official importers, mine came through them and was fitted with battery box english sockets etc.

If I can be of help don`t hesitate to shout,

and let us all know how you get on.

Good luck Tony

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Chrissylizzie,

The beds are great with srung beech slats very comfy, although we have put on mattress toppers I`m not sure they are any more comfy than before,(don`t tell the wife).

I never notice the doors on the "wrong" side, no one has ever comented with regards awnings etc.

The model is the Munsterland 520HTE shipping lenght 7.36mtrs

total weight 1400kgs.

there is another similar model with a smaller bathroom :- favourite 495E shipping

lenght 7.020mtr total weight 1350kgs.

GOGGLE :- LMC caravans, and either translate the German site, or go into Continental Caravan`s site, they are the official importers, mine came through them and was fitted with battery box english sockets etc.

If I can be of help don`t hesitate to shout,

and let us all know how you get on.

Good luck Tony
Hi Tony

Have found bochure and model mentioned - didn't look properly the first time!!

Will keep you posted but we are very confused at this stage and don't want to make a mistake. The issues are fixed beds, nice bathroom,etc. or nice bathroom but still make up beds, grandchildren etc.! Such a lot of decisions. Perhaps there always has to be a compromise, but the LMC is certainly a nice looking van, so thanks for that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts