thetford float arm

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Is there anybody who has had the float arm that tells you when the holding tank on the thetford toilet is full come off and can tell me how to put it back on i can get my hand in but am not able to clip it back in place i have put a mirror in to try and help but have no luck

thanks john H

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
hello John mine came off i shake fresh water about too much apparently to clean it. luckly it was still under warrenty and my dealer did it he said it wasnt an easy job.

Martin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi i have seen pictures of thetford engineers using a top from one of the toilets to train fitting the float arm without seeing it.
Thank Michael you would thnk a company like thetford would think of a better idea than the way the float is fitted they must know how hard it is to fit i have a mirror inside but when you put your hand in you can not see the mirror i may leave it off

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John,

I tried using the Thetford repair document but still very difficult. Eventually, I removed the lipseal and this gave me better access by allowing me to get my hand further in to the tank. Finally managed to re-position float arm and all working fine now. Have to say that it's not the easiest or most pleasant job to do - Good Luck! Simon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John,

I tried using the Thetford repair document but still very difficult. Eventually, I removed the lipseal and this gave me better access by allowing me to get my hand further in to the tank. Finally managed to re-position float arm and all working fine now. Have to say that it's not the easiest or most pleasant job to do - Good Luck! Simon
Simon

I have managed to get the float working again but was very difficult as you say. I was trying to put the float back onto the holder in the box but it says you have to get the holder out and fix the float to that first then push the holder in place i do not need many jobs like that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts