Top Lodge Stamford

Feb 6, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone been to the Top Lodge CC site near Stamford, Lincs?

I live in Stamford and wanted to book this site for me and my 2 children to "test" our new caravan. Any opinions welcome.

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Tugster

We have been to Top Lodge twice nice site but no toilet block, you can get a few supplies from the site office, nice pub to eat, at Barrowden about 3mls, nice walks start on site round the woods can also see Red Kites around the area, mix of hard & grass pitches,

site is in Northamptonshire although it states Lincs.

Mick K.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
I was looking at Top Lodge for an overnight mid-point to the south coast but was put off by the lack of toilet block. Now considering Houghton Mill, page 49 in the C.C. hand book - about 30 miles from Stamford. I think it is all grass pitches though. The walk along the river is pleasant but perhaps not suitable for children; mind you the dog absolutely loved it. The mill nearby has open days. Look Houghton up on Google for touristy details.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think Top Lodge is a super site. We always use our own facilities so not having a toilet block is not a problem for us. The FC have an lovely information point next to the site. I have some picture on my website www.caravantravels.co.uk

David

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Although I've not stayed at this site - it looks good. Right on the edge of Fineshade woods (nearer to Corby than anywhere else) and as someone's already said, it's worth going just for the Red Kites (if you're a twitcher, that is).

Enjoy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts