Towing Mirrors

Feb 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi, can anyone help? we had an elddis odyssey 2003 which was 2140mm wide and now we have bought a new caravan a sterling eccles ruby which is 2290mm wide. we tow with a Shogun and have never used towing mirrors we felt we could see ok but now with 150mm wider i'm not so sure, can any one suggest decent mirros for the Shogun?

Many thanks

Steve

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
im quite new at this game rusty, but i think i have seen other posts stating that towing mirrors are compulsory, regardless of the width of the caravan.

i just changed my vectra to a hyundai tucson and i find i have a much better rear view, havent used towing mirrors because of this, dont know if im breaking the law.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The law states that you must have at least one towing mirror, mounted on the drivers side.

However, it also states that you must have clear vision of the rear corners of the trailer (caravan).

As most caravans are wider than the fitted wing mirrors, unless you have two towing mirrors, you are in breach of the regulations.

The most popular choice seems to be Milenco mirrors, certainly I find them very good, with little vibration and a good field of vision.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts