Truma Water Housing Replacement

Sep 2, 2023
Visit site
Hi all.
Despite being ultra careful when I closed the lid / cover on the Truma water housing on my Swift 480, one of the hinges snapped off. It closes at the moment but at some stage I'm going to have to change the housing which looks like a pretty straightforward DIY job as its only secured to the van with 4 screws. The pipe obviously needs to be disconnected from the back of the housing before I remove it but I'm unsure how to get the pipe disconnected from the housing. Is there a collar that needs removing / sliding or do I just need to pull the two halves apart?

Attachments

• IMG_6042.jpeg
    IMG_6042.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6040.jpeg
    IMG_6040.jpeg
    911.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6043.jpeg
    IMG_6043.jpeg
    912 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6044.jpeg
    IMG_6044.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Slide the collar backwards away from the joint. It will be stiff but as it comes backwards the joint should release. It’s a push on joint.

Reactions: Banus
Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
From experience - it's not just four screws, there will be a gallon or so* of non-setting mastic that you'll want to carefully scrape away and replace with new. It's not difficult, just fiddly and time consuming.

* Maybe slight exaggeration

And as OtherClive says for the collar

Update - I found this thread from when I did a similar job, and the advice I was given:

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I did a similar thing a while back. The inlet is still missing its lid and that situation is not going to change any time soon.
It gets wiped with an antiseptic wipe prior to use, and we haven't died yet!

May 28, 2023
Visit site
Hi all.
Despite being ultra careful when I closed the lid / cover on the Truma water housing on my Swift 480, one of the hinges snapped off. It closes at the moment but at some stage I'm going to have to change the housing which looks like a pretty straightforward DIY job as its only secured to the van with 4 screws. The pipe obviously needs to be disconnected from the back of the housing before I remove it but I'm unsure how to get the pipe disconnected from the housing. Is there a collar that needs removing / sliding or do I just need to pull the two halves apart?
Hi, the manufacturer of the plumbing fitting is John Guest if you go to there website you'll find out how they come apart its really very simple when you know how, I'm sure there's a collar you can get that slides into the fitting that release's the retaining ring inside the fitting . J.L.

Reactions: Banus
Sep 2, 2023
Visit site
From experience - it's not just four screws, there will be a gallon or so* of non-setting mastic that you'll want to carefully scrape away and replace with new. It's not difficult, just fiddly and time consuming.

* Maybe slight exaggeration

And as OtherClive says for the collar

Update - I found this thread from when I did a similar job, and the advice I was given:
Brilliant and thanks. I've noted that my housing seals to the side of the van with a foam gasket. On checking out replacement housings on ebay (£25) they come with / without the gasket so I'm hoping that mine wont require the mastic option as I hate the stuff!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts