Truman Ultraheat wall thermostat advice

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I'd like some advice as to other people's wall stat works.
No matter what setting I use, 500/1000/2000, my wall stat doesn't kick in or out until it is turned to about number 8, no matter what the internal temperature is, very warm or freezing!
Is this normal?

TIA

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you do not have a remote thermostat fitted to the fire, yes the symptoms you describe are well known.
The actual sensor is within the back of the switch, so when the van warms up and the space behind where the switch sits gets warm the thermostat is fooled into thinking it is warmer than it is.

You can check for a remote by looking at the gas thermostat at the bottom of the fire and check if there is another sensor sitting on the gas one.

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
I had a remote thermostat in my old van and now have the thermostat behind the temp dial. When I first turn the heating on, you cannot hear the element click in and out for a few minutes of operation. Then it reaches temp very quickly, and knocks the element off then cycles on and off every 5-10mins. I don’t think the thermostat on my new van is as good as my old van sadly

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts