trying to sell my van on site

Sep 15, 2007
Visit site
Am trying very hard to put my van on practical caravan site to sell it I am asked to register even if I am already registered as member When I do I am told my email address is alreadt registered Of course it is as I am already a member Have emailed twice for help but no reply

can someone please help me?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Chris
The registration is separate to membership of this forum and website so if you hadn't registered on that website before you may have some difficulty.
If you have registered on the Caravan Finder website and entered your details including postcode correctly as required but are still having trouble please let me know and I'll contact the web technicians in the morning when they are at work to see if they can help.

Sep 15, 2007
Visit site
I am registered to go on the forum obvously as I have posted on it
When registering to sell all details are accepted as ok except email address which is claimed is already used Can't win

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I have a feeling that the Caravan Sales requires a separate log in / registration to this forum Chris. Have you tried re-setting the password for that website?
I've sent details to the technical staff to see if they can help.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately the technicians that I have access to have no part in the running of the Caravans for Sale website which is separate to this Practical Caravan site.
This means that membership of this website/forum doesn't carry over to the Caravans for Sale website so you will need to complete their registration details or log in if you have already done this. When you have joined the Caravans for Sale website you should be able to post details of your caravan, good luck with the sale.

Sep 15, 2007
Visit site
I cannot complete the registration as they will not accept my email address as it is already used for the forum. Have you tried to complete registration for sales using your own email to see what happens?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
This might mean that you are already registered Chris.
Leave the registration webpage and click on 'Log in'
Enter your email address and password into the boxes. You will either be logged in or you may receive an error message saying something like: 'Failed to Recognise Email address or Password'
Click on the forgotten password link still with your email address entered and you should immediately receive an email marked 'No Reply Haymarket'.
This email will contain a long link, about 3 lines worth of text.
Copy the entire link, paste it into a web browser and you will access the password reset webpage.
Enter a new password, confirm it and you should be able to log in ok.

Sep 15, 2007
Visit site
I am not registered on site to sell van Assume if I was I would not have a problem

I am of course regisrered with site to use forum Wether I am logged in or out to practical caravan it still says "address already exists" on for sale site and that stops me going any further

Surely other people have managed to place ads under same circumstances as mine?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Chris, I'm not sure what you are talking about when you mention that you are 'registered with site to use forum'
The Caravans for sale website does not have a forum of it's own. That site is not connected to this forum and neither I or any other moderator on this forum has any control over it or access to it's inner workings.
All that I can suggest is that you follow the re-set password procedure because 'address already exists' suggests that you are registered to use that site so may need to alter your password using the procedure that I described earlier and if that doesn't work contact Haymarket via email:

practical.caravan@haymarket.com

Sep 15, 2007
Visit site
I was'nt suggesting that I was on caravan for sale forum I am registered for practical caravan forum and cannot register on the for sale link Which is simply what I have been tryng to resolve

We are obviously at cross purposes regarding this and have both wasted enough time I will advertise elsewhere in a site which hopefully will accept my registration

Jun 17, 2007
Visit site
hi i sold my previous van through ebay, although i am not a fan of ebay i was suprised by the amount of contact we had from people intrested, i put it on there as a classified ad which last year was 12.99 for 28 days well worth the money, straight forward. i did not use, or best offer facility hope this is of some help, h.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi, Chris and Parksy,
while away I saw a great van that would suit us especialy with the wifes illness progressing at the rate it is, and thought wonder where We could get one as the dongle was fired up I tried to us the vans for sale site as Chris tried to do and had the same problem,
although the web sites are different I think they are connected to the same mainframe in haymarket towers which recognises all the address'es and passwords, because of being a member of the forum it will not let you complete the registration because your e-mail and password are allready on file, and as chris says a error message says "the e-mail and password are allredy in use"
seeing as I have more than one e-mail address I completed the registration using one of these and it went straight through
I think this is Chris's problem trying to use the same one as the forum??
B.T.W. no luck on the van site so it ended up a pointless exersize anyway.
colin

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Colin
I asked the technical staff to have a look at the problem but their reply was that they don't have any input to the Caravans for Sale side.
Nobody at Haymarket seems to know much about this sales site which is a shame because it could be a great resource for Practical Caravan.
I hope that you will find the caravan which is suitable for you and your wife to use.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts