Ultrastore

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
HI
The 442 has a strange arrangement for the water heating controls . See Pic's first shows the single blow air duct on the left hand side and the Electric water heater switch, on the right.

Second pic, of the top of the central unit, shows the gas control on the left, with socket and a blank with socket.

What I want to do is move the electric switch from the floor and put it in the blank by the right hand socket, to balance it up a bit, if the cable is long enough, and replace it with another blower vent.

Is this possible, is the heater capable of running three vents, instead of the two, one in the lounge and one in the bathroom??

The heater is the Rapid GE

20200708_112839.jpg

Attachments

• 20200708_112913.jpg
    20200708_112913.jpg
    766.4 KB · Views: 10
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
It will all depend on what, if any, spare cable length you have on the control panel.
Yes. I have to check to see if there is any spare cable but before I start just wondered if the blow air, could cope with another vent.
If the general answer is no. will not start.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes. I have to check to see if there is any spare cable but before I start just wondered if the blow air, could cope with another vent.
If the general answer is no. will not start.

If the heater is 2kw electric 3kw gas it wil cope fine as ours has three vents. Two in lounge one bathroom at rear. Van is 6.5m shipping length. So even with no vent in rear dinette area it stays cosy throughout as adjacent bathroom is warm at that end.

Reactions: DaveA1
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm confident the blown air system would cope with another outlet. However I would only do so if I felt the present system was proving poor.

Adding an extra outlet will affect the air flow at the other outlets, as will any change to routing of the warm air ducting. Any tighter or extra bends will add resistance to the flow. The additional outlet will also rob some of the air from more distant outlets on the same leg.

Provided you fit an outlet with a regulator flap, (Truma EN outlet) you should be able to re balance the flows with a bit of experimentation.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Our Avondale Argente caravan did have three outlets with this system so another should not be a problem in so far as it working is concerned, but if you use that area as a bed then something further back might be a better position and should heat the caravan more evenly. The other end of the side seat would be a better position in most cases.
In our case the water heater switch was there but at night the bed was over it so you either left the heater on overnight or crawled under the bed in the morning. That makes you wonder if they ever used that model before they decided where to put the switch.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our Avondale Argente caravan did have three outlets with this system so another should not be a problem in so far as it working is concerned, but if you use that area as a bed then something further back might be a better position and should heat the caravan more evenly. The other end of the side seat would be a better position in most cases.
In our case the water heater switch was there but at night the bed was over it so you either left the heater on overnight or crawled under the bed in the morning. That makes you wonder if they ever used that model before they decided where to put the switch.
mines the same water heater switches under the far end of the front double. Designed by dipsticks.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

We normally use as two singles (although on very cold nights double layout better)) and can switch it on from the bed-------- but -------- I can never remember which is high and low setting on the rocker switch, which on 10 amp can mean a trip to the bollard.

Can't move the switch at the moment, no spare cable.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
On the blown air our Wyoming has four outlets. Bathroom, bedroom and two in lounge. Behind the heater is a plastic adjustable valve that directs the warm air front to back. You can play with this control to suit your own needs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts