Urgent help please!!!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 29, 2018
Visit site
otherclive said:
Looks good. Hope that you have an uneventful return journey home. Good luck.
Cheers. We’ve got another overnight at Auf Kengert in Lux so I’ll try get a few more pics for you

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Good temporary repair there, hope all goes well, by the way your aerial should be facing the other way for travelling. Big end into the wind. .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Ste6t9 said:
I always wondered about that. It was delivered brand new that way round.

I had a sticker on mine to say which way it was to face, and checked on the website as well.. glad your weather has improved.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Ste , so sorry to hear what happened on your first trip away in your new van I feel gutted for you , id off done tbe same as what youve done , plastic viscreen & duct tape , hope that sorts you out till you get back .

Enjoy the rest off your hols .

Craig .

May 29, 2018
Visit site
Unbelievably, once we hit 40mph my awesome roof fix blew off. So a full roll of gaffa tape later and a return to the campsite and we’re in Luxembourg and nothing has moved.

Me on the roof

The second attempt still in place at the Swiss/German border:

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry that your quick fix has come off the top but I'm truly trying not to laugh at the second picture of you been bent over the roof recorrecting it !! :p :lol:

P.s
not much tan on them legs is there !!

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Good temporary repair there, hope all goes well, by the way your aerial should be facing the other way for travelling. Big end into the wind. .

I have a sheet of plastic an a roll of Black Gorrilla tape in the car for this eventuality for car or caravan.

Funny story re aerial alignment. Destructions say horizontal/vertical indicator faces direction of travel: in my van I can't see when that is with accuracy. My perfectionism would not allow this. So I set up a tablet in an upstairs window pointing at the roof and facetimed my mobile while I adjusted the travel position. Marked the pole and collar with a sharpie. Perfect alignment everytime. B)

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
CustardAvenger,
On my internal aerial column in the wardrobe, there is a Red Dot and this needs to be facing me as I lower the aerial prior to travel. This ensures the leading edge of the aerial faces the correct way.
Regards,

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Lappy said:
CustardAvenger,
On my internal aerial column in the wardrobe, there is a Red Dot and this needs to be facing me as I lower the aerial prior to travel. This ensures the leading edge of the aerial faces the correct way.
Regards,

Yeah, same problem - You're looking at it at a funny angle, so it's hard to tell whats straight ahead... My overly complicated solution took out the guesswork.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts