USB connected telephones

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Just read an areticle on these. It seems too good to be tru: call family and friends anywhere in the world for FREE. I know you have to have a PC and, presumably, you can only talk free PC=PC not a landline. Or am I wrong on this point? Anyone got one of these gizmos and, if so, can you enlighten me before I go and sink some more money.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We use "skype" ( www.skype.com ) all the time and I was one of the first to use it in the UK, you do not even need the phone providing you have a microphone and sound and you can download skype FOC! You can phone land lines and mobiles but you need to buy credit, the credit calls are quite cheap though. And they do have free offers running quite often. You can buy a cheap USB skype phone from Maplins for around a tenner if you want.

Just passing by !

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been using Skype for sometime now. It costs me nothing to speak to my son who lives locally. It is also free for me speak to my brother who is usually either in Warsaw (Poland) or Tarifa (Spain) and my god-son who is currently in Singapore who both use Skype.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
I also use skype, like Chris I downloaded skype, in my case I do not have to buy credit because we have wireless network on site. It will be a available for site users for a charge. Liz

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ann,

My company has it's head office in Rotterdam, and a smaller office in the UK.

We've used SKYPE for years - we can freely chat for hours during the business day on project meetings, conference calls, etc. We have a few SKYPE USB phones - they work well - but so does a normal PC microphone and the speakers that came with the PC - or a headset and boom microphone if you want a bit of privacy.

Works well, the audio quality (over a broadband connection) is better than a normal telephone.

Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts