Used EVs

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The EV6 is more of an SUV/Estate than a coupe. You may be thinking of the Hyundai Ioniq 6? But radical, none the less...
I know what the Kia EV6 looks like (#2). I see it as a modern version of a Saab 9000 which had four passenger doors, a rear load door and incredible versatility. When it was first announced I posted some details and referred to it as a Crossover, but was informed I was wrong. So I will in future refer to it as a Sporty Crossover……. A very nice car whatever it is called.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I know what the Kia EV6 looks like (#2). I see it as a modern version of a Saab 9000 which had four passenger doors, a rear load door and incredible versatility. When it was first announced I posted some details and referred to it as a Crossover, but was informed I was wrong. So I will in future refer to it as a Sporty Crossover……. A very nice car whatever it is called.
Kia themselves refer to the EV6 as a crossover - I gave up putting cars into categories when hatchbacks were introduced!

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Kia themselves refer to the EV6 as a crossover - I gave up putting cars into categories when hatchbacks were introduced!
I took the words “Sporty Crossover” from their marketing brochure. so at least there’s some agree on what category it sits in. 😂

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The category is, " Nice Motor" some people will ask is it really a V6.
No that’s the awesome Stinger, unfortunately released too late and like the Suzuki Jimny condemned to history ( as far as this country is concerned). Having poor emissions isn’t welcome in cars, or pubs😂😂😂

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
No that’s the awesome Stinger, unfortunately released too late and like the Suzuki Jimny condemned to history ( as far as this country is concerned). Having poor emissions isn’t welcome in cars, or pubs😂😂😂
The Stinger is fantastic , I haven't compared it to the EV6 but both must be great to have on a wild track day.
But one of my favourite ICE V8 was the Vauxhall VR8 GTS, but the firing order was changed so you didn't get the V8 "Rumble".
I haven't earwigged EV lads/lasses over a glass of Red stripe, saying , what a lovely "Whirre from the Polar 3. It's nicer than the Audi IX xxx.

Reactions: otherclive
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I was quite looking forward to hear how the electric van fared on his daily grind! Nice swop though.
A recent trip to Glasgow from Harrogate needed two charging stops, Scotch Corner and Gretna. Cruising at 60 mph ate the power. But it is a van more designed for lower local mileage. Acceleration was exhilarating for a good sized van!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
A recent trip to Glasgow from Harrogate needed two charging stops, Scotch Corner and Gretna. Cruising at 60 mph ate the power. But it is a van more designed for lower local mileage. Acceleration was exhilarating for a good sized van!
That’s quite a journey. Our BG technician is more local than that, east of Bath across to Lambourne and not much motorway. So he told me he rarely has to charge en route as he starts the day with a full charge from overnight at home. As said in an above post much depends on your anticipated usage.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
That’s quite a journey. Our BG technician is more local than that, east of Bath across to Lambourne and not much motorway. So he told me he rarely has to charge en route as he starts the day with a full charge from overnight at home. As said in an above post much depends on your anticipated usage

Glasgow is used as a meeting place for senior engineers on product development etc. Sone have driven from the Midlands!

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The EV6 is more of an SUV/Estate than a coupe. You may be thinking of the Hyundai Ioniq 6? But radical, none the less...
i like the look of the EV6 but would i be able get adaption like a winch in the boot for my mobility scooter probably ask the car dealer then i know ,it can go on the list

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i thought you bought a new car a couple of months ago? Is it that bad that you are thinking of changing it again?
Due to my mobility needs [winch for mobility scooter etc] I like to see the options on the market so I can choose wisely when another car is needed. This is an ongoing concern of mine as I am now experiencing issues with gross and fine motor skills which will not improve.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Due to my mobility needs [winch for mobility scooter etc] I like to see the options on the market so I can choose wisely when another car is needed. This is an ongoing concern of mine as I am now experiencing issues with gross and fine motor skills which will not improve.
I can understand your concerns but I don’t think a EV6 would be very suitable as they sit quite low to the ground.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Beachball, If you need a winch to lift a mobility scooter, I do wonder if the EV6 would be good option for you as the rear hatch has a fairly low roof line which would mean you would need a longer arm on the winch, which might be difficult support and stow properly in the boot space.

I suspect you need a vehicle with more of an "estate car" or SUV back end to fit the winch. I would suggest looking at vehicles with more vertical rear doors. A couple of suggestion would be the Kia E Nero, Hyundai Ionic 5, or the Skoda Enyaq.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Some cars fit into categories easily, but others can be borderline one or he other. Unless you need to say what type it is t is better to give the make and model.

Reactions: RogerL
Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
We've had a couple of electric cars, the first one before the cost of electricity went sky high. We have a low overnight rate of 7p per KW so still cheap motoring for us. But if we had to charge on the road then it would be cheaper to have an ICE car. I think this is what is buggering up the EV market, that and threats of charging VED and the luxury tax being applied.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I thought motorway services were circa 70 p / kwh.
Do you honestly find the EV is not as cheap to run as alleged by the anti ICE group?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
After six months ownership of a Tesla Model Y AWD my grandson says it’s cheaper to run (ie energy costs) than his 5 Series BMW PHEV saloon. He’s on holiday this week in Scotland ( poor devil) and he has taken the Tesla. But he much prefers the BMW as a better car to drive and nicer place to be.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
.... The article went to say the downside is the ever increasing EV insurance cost and the replacement batteries cost. BUT VW EV batteries are holding their own with remarkable minimal deterioration. A not to buy is the Vauxhall Mokka, flawed. Damage tomt( batteries seems to be the stumbling block. So why not mount them somewhere where a minor crunch won’t damage them.: We had a similar thing decades ago about petrol tank location and crash ability.
Just a thought 😉
The EV market is in some turmoil at the moment. Tesla droppin $9000 of list price of the model 3 sent shockwaves through the market, it knocked thousands off the value of cars bought just before the price reduction, and that gave dealers a cold shower and has begun to depress the value of other brands also.

Coupled to it is the insurance industries reaction to EV's and the scare stories about battery instability. An interesting pod cast on Fully Charged had a fire safety expert from Australia who put a rather different colour to the inflated reports. Apparently the Australian fire departments are queing up to try to obtain EV's that are fire damaged caused by a battery fire for training purposes. However there are so few that have been caused by battery failure, there is a dearth of them There are far more where the cause of a fire was not the battery but something external to it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts