Virus protection

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi All, any one have any knowledge of how good windows defender virus protection is? My newest laptop had a year free subscription to MCAFFEE, it’s now expired and I’ve heard that windows defender is good security, any thoughts as to how secure it would be using just windows defender.

BP

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Windows Defender is rated very good these days and is mostly all you need.

I also have use a copy of Malwarebytes which you could also download. It's free and they give you the premium version first but if you don't subscribe it reverts to the free version.

It doesn't run in the background so I just run it every so often manually.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
As above, Windows Defender is well regarded - for years I've used ESET on 3 year deals but now my laptop is running Windows 10 and my desktop came with it, I'll drop ESET when it expires and rely on Windows Defender.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys, I got the answers I hoped for re defender being good so you’ve answered my question there, for the clever laptop people on here I’ve another question, my latest HP laptop is great I just have one other question about the HP which runs windows 10, I’m now being offered an update to windows 11, if anyone has moved from 10 to 11 I’d really appreciate opinions because I think if I change from 10 to 11 I’m stuck with 11 and can’t go back to 10.
Thanks in advance.

BP

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Personally I'm staying with Win10. From what I've seen of Win 11 it offers me no advantages. It's just different.

One difference is that you now have to sign in with an MS Account, whereas on Win10 you could just use a local account.

Maybe this doesn't bother you but it's another thing I didn't want.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts