Waste pipe bungs!

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
Hi all.
My twin waste pipe outputs have a internal diameter of 23.5 mm.
Im racking my brains trying to think of what to use as bungs,for the purpose of pipe cleaning.
Iv tried stuffing a rag up them ,but that leaks.

Any suggestions on what to try,as a bung?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Put the waste pies on, and lift the loose ends up so they are the same height or higher than the drains in the sink. That should contain the cleaner.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOLID-RUBBER-STOPPER-RUBBER-BUNG-SIZE-25-25MM-28MM-10-PACK/371096943367?hash=item566719fb07:g:dtIAAOSw6n5XvgHS
Have a look here.

Sometimes, often actually, I hate this forum, or the software running it.
Have a search for similar sized rubber bungs.
There are a lot of places, the one I tried to link to had various sizes, even an oversize one which could be trimmed down to the size you need.

Late edit. Quote " No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configuration"
Since when did , in the English language,the word defined have an accent over the e?????

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOLID-RUBBER-STOPPER-RUBBER-BUNG-SIZE-25-25MM-28MM-10-PACK/371096943367?hash=item566719fb07:g:dtIAAOSw6n5XvgHS

Have a look here.

Sometimes, often actually, I hate this forum, or the software running it.
Have a search for similar sized rubber bungs.
There are a lot of places, the one I tried to link to had various sizes, even an oversize one which could be trimmed down to the size you need.

Many thanks ,it looks like the 22mm to 25mm tapered bung should do the job.

Late edit. Quote " No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configuration"
Since when did , in the English language,the word defined have an accent over the e?????

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
LG57-UPS. said:
My waste pipes are only about 8" long from the Y ,im not sure i will get the height needed.

Can you not raise the side off the caravan i.e like on a levelling ramp or car ramp to get them to an angle where the solution will not run out of the pipes so the van is on a tilt ? (If possible)

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can you not raise the side off the caravan i.e like on a levelling ramp or car ramp to get them to an angle where the solution will not run out of the pipes so the van is on a tilt ? (If possible)[/quote said:
I think that as the sink is about 3 feet off the ground the van would tip over before it was raised far enough !! :eek:hmy:

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
LG57-UPS. said:
My waste pipes are only about 8" long from the Y ,im not sure i will get the height needed.

Can you not raise the side off the caravan i.e like on a levelling ramp or car ramp to get them to an angle where the solution will not run out of the pipes so the van is on a tilt ? (If possible)

That might be a challenge

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I got some fairly close fit wine corks and wound insulating tape round the end to make a tight fit. Like others I do like to fill my corrugated drainage pipes with a sterilising solution to give them a good soaking at the end of the season!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
audiorob has beaten me to it ! If you wind the insulation tape onto the cork at a slight angle you generate a cone which gives a good tight fit with a little push and turn action.
(bad news is that most wines in my price band have now gone to screw caps)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts