Water connection

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Some sites offer fully serviced sites where you can connect directly to a water supply. Can anyone tell us what connectors we would need and how we go about making the most of this, as we have only ever used water from our barrel supply in the past.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
By far the best way is to stick with your submersible pump etc and use a hose to top up the water. You can do this by turning the tap on manually or buy a ball valve assembly to fit into your water container.The pressure reducing valves for direct supply I have found reduce the pressure so much that the water flow stops when you raise the shower above your head.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We use the ball valve assembly which is ideal. Whatever you do do not purchase the assembly that fits straight into the side of the van as it is useless.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
What type of water container do you have? If it is the 40 ltr aquaroll then you can buy a kit that includes connectors for the water supply pipe and also the ball valve assembly to fit inside the aquaroll.This only works with the 40ltr which has the side opening, water pressure is unaffected and you use your normal submersible pump to supply water around van.The water supply to the aquaroll is left on whilst on site, the ball valve turns off when container is approx half full, so you always have 20 ltr in tank. Used it a few times and found it helpful.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
sarah, sorry to contrdict Ian, but we only use the connection that plugs directly into the side of the van and have had no problems with it. We do have the ballvalve assembly that fits into the side of an Aquaroll (which is damn expensive and could be made fo a fraction of the price). However, with this setup you need to lug the 'roll around with you which is not too bad if you emain in one place but for touring it is a pain. Thus, when we use a super service pitch we leave water and waste containers behind and can set up in very little time. So there is the advice of a satisfied user of the direct plug in - and we do not seem affected by low pressure otherwise, I would be told to tak the 'roll and ballvalve assembly.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi I use the aquaroll adaptor as it is then not tied to one caravan as each macke of warter system use the own adaptors as with the auqaroll one it does not matter what van you have it will fit as I change my van every 2 years it would have cost a lot of money to keep changing direct fit adaptors.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for all your valuable advice. As it looks like we will be changing our caravan before too long, we have decided to go with the adapter for the aquaroll. Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS