water pump problems

Jan 14, 2019
Visit site
hi all im sure this question has been asked before but im at my wits end trying to sort this out, we have a 1999 fleetwood Garland 165/5 with new leisure battery new whale crystal 2 pump when i fill my water barrel and insert the pump then connect to the socket on the outside turn on battery to aux, pump switch to on, turn on taps ..................nothing happens ive tested at all wire joins and terminals from battery right through to the socket outside and have battery voltage at every point 12.71 volts, have tested the pump at standalone and it works fine, just wont work when all connected any ideas guys and gals ???

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Most likely fault is corrosion on the contacts where you plug the pump in. Even tho you have 12v at the contact as soon as you try to run the pump all the 12v is dropped at the dirty contact and nothing gets to the pump. Clean with a nail file card or similar.
hth,s

Jan 13, 2019
Visit site
Hi,
We had a similar problem with the external 2 pin electrical point for the pump that fills the onboard tank. I turned the 12v power off and cleaned it with a small round file. Hey presto all working. I tested the voltage before I cleaned it and the multi tester said 12 volts present..but when the pump was plugged in..nothing at all..

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
This is a typical problem that I have come across in the marine 12v world, you measure 12v+, but the current capability of the connection is zilch.

I had an autopilot power supply plug and socket that measured 12v day in day out. When I dismantled, the positive screw connection disintegrated into a blue copper salt that wouldn't carry a milliamp

Jan 14, 2019
Visit site
well looked at all of youre suggestions and tried them all alas all to no avail so gave up and went with the hose connection set so was able to hook up to on site water supply and hey presto we have water in the van, thanks to everyone for there help :cheer:

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm missing something here....how does connecting to the site water supply, by pass the water barrel? Do you have a water supply from the internal taps?
I too have an aquaroll mains connector, but this still requires the pump to be in place.
Regards,

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
If this is a Whale outside connector block, this can be difficult to install properly. Start with 2 new 0 rings, lightly lubricated. This will help to ensure the connector block can be pressed fully home. It should be possible to fold down the outside lift up flap so that the flange on the cover stops the block from coming out, ensuring good contacts.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts