Water system for Abi Celebration 450 ct (1992)

Oct 10, 2024
Visit site
Hi - it's my first caravan bought second hand to keep stationary for friends and work-aways. I have no handbook and no caravan experience! I don't know the best way to supply and remove water. (Not for the loo as I am getting a cassette toilet) Can anyone advise as to the type of tank and fittings I need to supply the clean water and what will work to remove the used water? THANK YOU!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
What make and year is it? Does it have an internal water system to the sinks and shower. If so it will have an inlet generally on the off side of the van. You connect an Aquaroll 28 or 40 litre water container to the inlet. If you provide a picture of the inlet then we can advise the type of connecting hose from caravan to Aquaroll.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
What make and year is it? Does it have an internal water system to the sinks and shower. If so it will have an inlet generally on the off side of the van. You connect an Aquaroll 28 or 40 litre water container to the inlet. If you provide a picture of the inlet then we can advise the type of connecting hose from caravan to Aquaroll.
Unless the OP, edited the heading, Abi celebration 450, 1992.

Oct 10, 2024
Visit site
Hi Otherclive,

Thanks for responding. It's a 1992 Abi celebration 450. I have photographed the pump and attaching it below. The pump works as it sucks up all the water from a water source. (I will look into the Aquaroll container) But nothing comes out of the taps. Any idea why? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• waterpump.jpeg
    waterpump.jpeg
    189.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi Otherclive,

Thanks for responding. It's a 1993 Abi celebration 450. I have photographed the pump and attaching it below. The pump works as it sucks up all the water from a water source. (I will look into the Aquaroll container) But nothing comes out of the taps. Any idea why? Thank you in advance.
It doesn’t have to be Aquaroll 20 litre cheap drinking container would be okay. If the van has a water heater that tends to fill first, before the water system fills up.

Firstly check you are getting no leakage under the van where there should be a drain outlet. The valve on this could be open. To obviate against air pockets on start up I used to sink the pump into the water container then connect the hose from the pump to the caravan inlet.
Secondly if there are no leaks start to fill with all taps closed then open the most remote cold ones first. Then the hot taps. Often toilet sink and shower. You should hear air then water. Close them and open kitchen sink tap cold. Then hot. Hot (it will be cold in temperature ) won’t come through from the water heater till it’s full.

Then repeat until water comes from the cold and hot taps.

That’s how I did it but others will have their own approach.

Oct 10, 2024
Visit site
It doesn’t have to be Aquaroll 20 litre cheap drinking container would be okay. If the van has a water heater that tends to fill first, before the water system fills up.

Firstly check you are getting no leakage under the van where there should be a drain outlet. The valve on this could be open. To obviate against air pockets on start up I used to sink the pump into the water container then connect the hose from the pump to the caravan inlet.
Secondly if there are no leaks start to fill with all taps closed then open the most remote cold ones first. Then the hot taps. Often toilet sink and shower. You should hear air then water. Close them and open kitchen sink tap cold. Then hot. Hot (it will be cold in temperature ) won’t come through from the water heater till it’s full.

Then repeat until water comes from the cold and hot taps.

That’s how I did it but others will have their own approach.
Thank you - I'll try that. Though I can't tell which is on and which is off for the taps at the moment!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thank you @borderbilly and @otherclive The tank is full now, I think. when I turn on the shower room cold tap there is a whining sound, but no water. The seller has told me the handbook is in the post - maybe there will be useful info in it?
Could the whining sound be air coming out as the water has to push air out from around the system. Don’t forget not much will happen until the hot water tank is filled with one hot tap slightly open. It’s a job where sometimes patience is required as you go around opening and closing taps. Not forgetting to ensure your water container doesn’t empty in the process.

Oct 10, 2024
Visit site
Could the whining sound be air coming out as the water has to push air out from around the system. Don’t forget not much will happen until the hot water tank is filled with one hot tap slightly open. It’s a job where sometimes patience is required as you go around opening and closing taps. Not forgetting to ensure your water container doesn’t empty in the process.
OK, that sounds like good advice. Will be patient. Thanks!

Oct 10, 2024
Visit site
I was away for a while and have just now tried to get the water system to work, using your kind advice. I think the tank in the caravan has filled up, because when I switch the pump on, water is now flowing out of the inlet. But still nothing is coming out of the shower room or kitchen taps. Any ideas anyone? THANKS!

Oct 10, 2024
Visit site
The water is coming from the bottom of the 'trapdoor'. It only comes out when I turn the shower room tap anti-clockwise (which I was informed is the direction for 'ON'. It wasn't doing this b efore, I think it might be only since the tank in the caravan is full?

Attachments

• water1.png
    water1.png
    396.3 KB · Views: 3
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Water should not be flowing out of the inlet. That means something is wrong. You have a Carver Crystal Mk1, and it looks like its original with the caravan and makes it 32 years old. The plastic has aged and become more brittle. The whole unit in the wall will need to be replaced, unfortunately that model is no longer available and you will need to find an alternative.

Oct 10, 2024
Visit site
Water should not be flowing out of the inlet. That means something is wrong. You have a Carver Crystal Mk1, and it looks like its original with the caravan and makes it 32 years old. The plastic has aged and become more brittle. The whole unit in the wall will need to be replaced, unfortunately that model is no longer available and you will need to find an alternative.
Thanks for your advice Prof. What am I looking for exactly, I mean what is the unit called so I can look up some options?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you check on ebay for a "Carver Crystal mk1 housing" you may find the necessary parts to replace what you presently have. you will also find some of the filters the unit uses.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts