Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
This weather it like winter down here in west sussex. Had to put on a jumper yesterday i was so cold. Today high winds rain black clouds. I do hope its not going to be a repeat of last year two weeks very good weather and 50 weeks of rain.

G

Jumper??? We are still wearing winter coats up here. One minute the sun is shining the next it is a downpour and the wind is very strong. Have even had to put the central heating back on just to warm things up abit. Lots of tourists in Edinburgh at the moment and many of them looking rather miserable.

We went to Scarborough last weekend hoping for some sun and heat. Well, the sun did shine some of the time but it sure were not warm. 15 -16 degrees if you were lucky. We watched in amazement at many of the 'locals' walking along the promenade in shorts, T shirts and flipflops. We were wearing Fleeces and jeans. Then we realised that they in general had an extra layer of blubber, so did not feel the cold.

Definitely time to head for Europe and some real heat.

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Decent weekend forcast for us as well in Devon.

Spent lunch time alseep in a Garden chair catching the glorious Sunshine today.

Last weekend got sunburnt on a 5 hr coastal walk in the South Hams.

Weather so far this year in the South West has been realy good, it can't last after all summer is upon us, time to break out he wellies.

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I have just started looking at METCHEC online and sussing out if its accurate. I will know after Monday as it says Monday is to be a good,sunny day here!

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Caroline

I find Metcheck pretty good in General. Tend to use it alongside BBC weather to get 2 views.

I imagine the data all comes from the Met Office so it's just a matter of interpretation and presentation.

The met office is close by where I live, we regularly see the staff counting cows standing under trees or waving dried fish about to create the latest high tech forcast. ;0)

As they predicted, the weather was Brilliant for us this weekend and we have another great looking day today. Shame to have to work, but I wn't complain about having a job at the moment.

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
LOL Thorpedo. Thanx. Yes, I feel lucky to have a job and always finish by 3pm so I can check my new craze growing veg ou the back, enjoy a glass of red wine under the trees or better still............pack the caravan for a trip!

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
The weather people on TV yesterday Bright with little wind. BRIGHT WITH LITTE WIND what planet are they on. The fence is down the wheele bins have gone for a walk-about the garden all my flowers have been blown down.they just cannot get anything right now days.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts