Weekend football results

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know this is a caravan forum but wasn't it great to see Liverpool beat Manchester United at Manchester. Surprisingly he did not make any adverse comments about the ref. As usual old Fergy refused to be interviewed after the game and reading this morning's paper he reckons that on the day his team were the better but they did not have the luck of Liverpool. About time he and his side were brought back down to reality.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I'll buy you a pint for that Colin. Some people just don't know what losing is like. My Villa got beat yesterday!

Cheers

Dustydog

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Spot on Colin

Man U had their chances in the first half to put it beyong L'pool but didn't. Nothing to do with luck.

Fergie is a spoilt kid refusing to talk to the media.

Dustydog , glad to see a fellow Villa fan on here , twas along walk back to the car yesterday , lot of head shaking and stunned silence.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Roger

My wife , dad in law, sister in law, Uncle and neice are all season ticket holders. I watched it down my local. Not a good day and I thought the holiday in Dubai had got them back on song.

Cheers

Dustydog

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Another Villa fan here too.

Gutted what can i say next 3 games Liverpool,Man U and Everton could be 9 points behind!

My son who is a gooner is now giving me hard time !!!!

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I'm a season ticket holder too.

I have to say the break did the opposite, I think they switched off too much.

It happened last year as well , they went to spain for a mid season break.

Dont think the wheels have fully come of just yet , maybe just a little wobble.

5th is the target for me , has been from the start of the season. 4th is dream world , the squads not good enough for champions League just yet.

Need a better strike force , Gabby has a case of the "big time charlies" for me. Would like to see Delfouneso on for a full game with Big John , at least we'd get a lot more movement from him compared to Gabby , I also think he's got a better touch , seems to be able to control the ball better.

Good to see N R-C back , put in a very good solid perfomance after so long out and being played way out of possition in the end.

Cant wait for Freddie Bouma to come back , need him now at left back more than ever.

May 25, 2008
Visit site
About time he and his side were brought back down to reality.

Still the best team in the Premiership, that won't go away just because of one fluke result against them.

Colin you will know a lot about luck and fluke results, just look how Wales narrowly beat England, and then struggled against Italy.

ps Didn't England do well against France though, bring on the Jocks !!!! LOL

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gumbo - regarding football and rugby I have very little interest in either. I will say it is great to see Wales win at rugby and Cardiff and Swansea win at soccer. I can honestly say I have only been to two rugby matches and no soccer matches in my life. I did my paternal bit when my son was younger with the village boys soccer team as a chaufer to the away matches. Regarding Liverpool my son is an ardent supporter of that team and he hates Man. U and is on cloud nine when they lose. Saturday was like his birthday and Christmas in one - he was on another planet with jubilation.

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Speaking as a Liverpool fan...

I'm not one to gloat as I believe what goes around comes around (is that right?, looks wrong). I remember how bad it felt when we got beat at home 4-1 by Chelsea a couple of years ago.

I thought Man U were unlucky to go 2-1 down but when they did they just lost the plot. Wayne Rooney who is a fantastic player just epitomised petulance as highlighted on MOTD.

If it had been Ronaldo who scored that free kick rather than Aurelio then it would be getting praised as yet another amazing strike.

I think fergie is too shrewd to let his team blow it now but here's hoping anyway.

I see there are a few Villa fans on here and as you know you have to visit Anfield on sunday. Football is mad and it would NOT be a surprise to me if you came to Anfield and won 1-0.

Ian

May 25, 2008
Visit site
Colin

Regarding Liverpool my son is an ardent supporter of that team and he hates Man. U and is on cloud nine when they lose. Saturday was like his birthday and Christmas in one - he was on another planet with jubilation.

That made two of them, our son phoned from Northen Norway to check he had got the result correct.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
It was interesting to read the furore following Wayne Rooneys comments last week that he 'hates' Liverpool and how the Utd website removed the 'hate' word from his interview.

As an ardent follower of Liverpool I for one did not take offence at this remark and certainly reciprocate the feeling towards Utd. You only have to live within this region to appreciate the rivalry between the football clubs.

I must admit that it was great to come into work this week and for once at least be able to have the bragging rights, albeit if only for a week or so.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Yep maybe Sir Alex as control of that to, l certainly didn't want Liverpool and my mate who is a scouser neither did he want MU.

For myself l couldnt take another week like this one, but hey if you give it you must be prepared to take it.

NigelH

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Yep maybe Sir Alex as control of that to, l certainly didn't want Liverpool and my mate who is a scouser neither did he want MU.

For myself l couldnt take another week like this one, but hey if you give it you must be prepared to take it.

NigelH
Don't fret, the first ten years are the worst!!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Graham

Not beaten, absolutely slaughtered!!

5 - 0 hurts. Mind you I bet there are more upset Man U and Chelsea fans out there. A true suppoter knows how to lose. Come on Martin O'Neil We Villans need a win.

Cheers

Dustydog

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Not too worried about the Liverpool result,it was a game we didnt expect to win so 1-0 or 5-0 its still a loss,we couldnt cope with Liverpool's long ball game.

Dont forget Arsenal still have to go their so our challenge for 4th is not all lost.

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
"Football is mad and it would NOT be a surprise to me if you came to Anfield and won 1-0."

er, I think I got that prediction wrong.

I was at the game and enjoyed it hugely. The villa fans were a good crowd too. Some fans come along and can be very nasty but the seemed to be a good bit of banter about. They didn't sing 'get a job' once.

Goal difference is in our favour now too. We don't even need Man U to get beat now. 2 draws will do it for us.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Just got back from a poor game of golf where l was leading with 4 holes to go, not tell you about the last 4 holes, but hey yo and behold, couldn't ear any scouses singing when l got in, nor any city fans, or any cockneys, yep MUFC Champions again.

Alex one to go, bet every football fan other than MUFC fans will be routing for Barca, hey but we don't care, has the song goes we are HAPPY we are HAPPY we Know we are we know we are we are HAPPY.

Hard Luck Scouses, another song goes always look on the bright side of life, see you next year for another go at our crown.

Couldn't let this go after all the posts sent last time without reply now could we.

NigelH

May 25, 2008
Visit site
Just got back from a poor game of golf where l was leading with 4 holes to go,

1 up and 4 to play sounds a bit like United oh no they have won.

Nige you do need to concentrate though 1 up and 4 to play just play for par and that's it

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Reason l didn't watch it was l was away last weekend in the van, Bury Park CC lovely park, needed to play my golf this week away in the van next 3 weeks.

Gumbo was concentrating but when them dreaded shanks appear two in consecutive holes, destroys your whole game, are but who cares it's nearly the perfect shot so l am told, doesn't help though., at least when l got in had something to smile about , otherwise l would have been hell to live with if the gunners had scored late on.

NigelH

TRENDING THREADS