Welcome to the new PCV forum

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
So, we know where the text formatting is and the colours
Is there any way of putting colours into the signature box on the log in? The signature (if any) would then be set to a different colour to the post so that the signature would be shown as being a fixture rather than as part of a post.
Also is there any possibility of adding 'stickies'? If we had a sticky showing casual browsers who are members who can't log on now how to do it easily we would keep most of our members.
I've had emails from members who are having difficulty because they hadn't changed their usernames.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
John Duncan said:
I am so turning off the font colours...
John Duncan is Head of Technology Delivery for practicalcaravan.com

John Duncan said:
I am so turning off the font colours...
John Duncan is Head of Technology Delivery for practicalcaravan.com

That's what I mean

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'll have a look at changing the signature colour tomorrow, at the moment it looks to much like the main post text. I don't think that you will be able to choose your own colours though.

Smileys are on the list as well.

Anything else feel free to ask, we will try and do our best.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
austin said:
I'll have a look at changing the signature colour tomorrow, at the moment it looks to much like the main post text. I don't think that you will be able to choose your own colours though.
What??!?!!! But I want purple.......or lilac......or pink :D

Jan 8, 2008
Visit site
austin said:
I just work here
And your wife must be going mental at this point...
Point taken about signatures, though I think a space and a line will have to do, which we should be able to sort fairly quickly.
Am doing the recovery of the errant posts now...

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Ahem, Mr Techie Guy (or Guys) Sir, you know those icons at the side of each forum which, according to the legend at the bottom of the page, are supposed to indicate which threads have new posts in? Umm, well, they don't at the mo, they all show no new posts.......well, they do on mine anyway.

Jan 8, 2008
Visit site
Soozeeg said:
Ahem, Mr Techie Guy (or Guys) Sir, you know those icons at the side of each forum which, according to the legend at the bottom of the page, are supposed to indicate which threads have new posts in? Umm, well, they don't at the mo, they all show no new posts.......well, they do on mine anyway.
Aaaaaaaaah, now I get all this talk of 'icons'! You're right, they don't. We had to remove the functionality of displaying number of new posts on forums, because it was bringing the site to its knees. We'll probably remove the little legend at the bottom, rather than reinstate the 'new post' indicator any time soon, as I suspect there may be quite a bit of work involved.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Soozeeg said:
you know those icons at the side of each forum which, according to the legend at the bottom of the page, are supposed to indicate which threads have new posts in? Umm, well, they don't at the mo, they all show no new posts.......well, they do on mine anyway.

Ditto, and mine. It would be nice to have a 'view unread posts' or on the main page the headings in order of the most recent posts. Unless I'm missing something :O(
Anyway, I'm off to bed, it's been too much excitement for one day. I bet I'll have nightmares tonight.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
I just thought i would have a quick peek around

Peeking-man.gif
http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/Sproket_01/Peeking-man.gif

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
John Duncan said:
..and Girl. Don't forget Girl.

GIRL!!!!!! There's a techie GIRL??!!?!!! Wow!!! Is this a new species? I never knew such a being existed!!
(Sorry, Ms Techie Girl.....I'm soooooo non-techie the concept is completely alien to me ;o) - no offence meant!! lol)

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
LB
its the direct link that you need now to post photos
Click on the green tree & copy the direct link into the top bar ( image url )
press insert at the bottom left
2j2z4zq.gif

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......getting the hang of it with the help of Parksy!
Looks to be much more user friendly and versatile.
To infinity and beyond..........Well Done.

G

well done, I know from other forum 'upgrades' how hard it can be, so this is going well by most standards!
One point though, if you can oblige, will you make the page fit available space? it don't fit my baby laptops 10" screen and I don't appreciate scrolling left to right and back again :no:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts