Welcome to the new PCV forum

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Sproket said:
LB
its the direct link that you need now to post photos
Click on the green tree & copy the direct link into the top bar ( image url )
press insert at the bottom left
2j2z4zq.gif

Yep, did that Sproket thanks. It worked fine except the first pic I posted on UK Campsites was a little large so will reduce the next ones :O)

Jan 8, 2008
Visit site
Rita said:
All still looks well But still verrrrryyyyyyyy slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww
You think? As in clicking around the site, or how long it takes for forum posts to appear in the list (since that's by design)? Seems OK to me, but am keeping an eye on it...

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Rita said:
Good Morning All still looks well But still verrrrryyyyyyyy slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww
It seems quicker than it was yesterday although it takes a few seconds to switch to other parts of the website.
I see that the Buy / Sell tab at the top of the webpage leads to the Practical Caravan Finder where members can advertise their caravans for sale f.o.c.
A forum section or a corner of the Caravan Finder site where members could sell their unwanted accessories, used awnings or aquarolls for example would be good.
It would be easy for moderators to keep commercial advertisers looking for free advertising off, we did it succesfully on the old site but we had to throw the baby out with the bathwater and stop normal non commercial members from advertising.
At the moment our members have to navigate away from our website to buy or sell used accessories, a place on this forum where they could do this would keep them here.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Rita said:
All still looks well But still verrrrryyyyyyyy slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww
You think? As in clicking around the site, or how long it takes for forum posts to appear in the list (since that's by design)? Seems OK to me, but am keeping an eye on it...

I'm finding clicking around the site and waiting for pages to load is very slow......I get bored easily, you know ;o)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Rita said:
Glad its nor just me then It takes between 5-10 secs for pages to load I'm impatience as well lol

Yes, slow. I just got the following when waiting for another page to load .....
This website is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later.
Unfortunately there were no suitable nodes available to serve this request.

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
Hello everybody. Congratulations on the shiney new forum. Took me a while to get here, couldnt understand why the old one wouldnt load then the penny dropped and I arrived at the new site, then i couldnt log in cos i couldnt remember my details ( they were saved on the old one but as i already said, i couldnt get to that one)..anyhow......Im here now with a slightly changed user name....apparently to use a & sign is illegal lol.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Quiet on here, innit? Presumably, loads of regulars haven't found how to get in yet. Think the techies need to put up a big "We're over here, come this way" sign. (or perhaps it's their way of keeping out undesirables!!!! *Sue now wonders how she was allowed in.......*) ;o)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Soozeeg said:
.......(or perhaps it's their way of keeping out undesirables!!!! *Sue now wonders how she was allowed in.......*) ;o)
If JD has any sense he'll plead the 5th Amenment on that one!

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Can I load an avatar via photobucket? All my smaller photos suitable for avatars are stored in my photobucket account. But the box does not let me copy and past the photobucket link into it!

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Rita,
The photos are uploaded into my photobucket account already. Am having trouble putting them on here. It wont let me paste the direct link into the box. Am I doing something wrong??

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if its because loads of people are viewing the new version of the PC website, but it is so slow, I have a 21meg connection, but this website is like being on dial-up?

David

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
austin said:
I'll have a look at changing the signature colour tomorrow, at the moment it looks to much like the main post text. I don't think that you will be able to choose your own colours though.

Smileys are on the list as well.

BUMP!!!!! Just joggin' your memory :O)

Aug 1, 2007
Visit site
Oldsalt49 said:
Not sure if its because loads of people are viewing the new version of the PC website, but it is so slow, I have a 21meg connection, but this website is like being on dial-up?

David
Agree its slow Hope things will improve Come on Damian n Parksy pedal faster please lol

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Eureka!
I've finally managed to log in. This was supposed to be easier not more difficult. Shrugs his shoulders.
What the heck are the FIVE warnings I get at the top of each page? Maybe it's me doing something wrong??
I'll have a good look tomorrow.
Anyway a warm thankyou to John Duncan and his team for all their effort.

Cheers

Dustydog

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Dustydog said:
What the heck are the FIVE warnings I get at the top of each page? Maybe it's me doing something wrong??
FIVE warnings??!?!! My word DD, you have been a naughty boy!! LOL Congrats on getting here......it's not that hard you know, even I managed it! ;o)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts