Whale tap spindle

Apr 10, 2022
Visit site
Hi folks,

The spindle in my whale water tap broke.
Managed to get the broken part out took a while.
Problem is I'm based in ireland and can't seem to find one here that doesn't include the knobs as well.
Can anyone recommend a site where I can get a replacement one?

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Whale brand is owned by a company called Munster Simms who are based in N. I. A company representative does seen to read this forum and has often offered help.

Most caravan shops will sell their products. I have just googled "Whale tap spares" and it seems to bring up plenty of sellers, and pictures of parts, and at least one eBay shop does sell a pair of"spindles" for £6.95, and other sell a spindle and knob for £5.95.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
As above spindle only about 4.00 on EBay and if you search on this forum ‘whale tap spindle problem’ you will find advice about removal of the broken piece from Damien (2018 posting). Also apparently worth some plumbers silicon grease when refitting that also came up on Google.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
As above spindle only about 4.00 on EBay and if you search on this forum ‘whale tap spindle problem’ you will find advice about removal of the broken piece from Damien (2018 posting). Also apparently worth some plumbers silicon grease when refitting that also came up on Google.

Spot on re the plumbers silicone grease as there is the normal plumbers grease (non silicone) that isn't suitable for "o" rings.

Apr 10, 2022
Visit site
Looking on eBay, free shipping to UK but some charging 2 or 3 times the price of the spindle to ship to ireland. I'll keep looking.
A lad has offer to 3D print one for me but not sure that'll work.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Looking on eBay, free shipping to UK but some charging 2 or 3 times the price of the spindle to ship to ireland. I'll keep looking.
A lad has offer to 3D print one for me but not sure that'll work.
You would be astonished at what 3D printers are being used for across a wide range of sectors. I would let him make one for you. My last dental crown was 3D printed all within 90 minutes in the dental surgery. Fitted perfectly and 12 months on still going strong.

TRENDING THREADS