What crisis🤔

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Tesco Hereford has sold out of toilet rolls. There has been a run on them with people .panic buying.
For my part my broadsheet newspaper will come in handy. Will try it’s dissolving rate in the Thetford overnight.😛😛😛

Reactions: otherclive
Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Why are people panic buying? the food factories are still working, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morris ons Aldi and lidl in our town are still having daily
deliveries its just stupid people. who can ot see past their noses,

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
I am reliably told that paper money is a prime source of 'corona' virus spread. So to reduce you risk I will dis pose of it for you . You can get my address from the admins! Don't delay.

Reactions: DaveA1
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
85% of our toilet tissue is imported!
Quarantine originates in Roman Latin. 40 days away from others.
The really good thing about Covid 19 is it cannot differentiate between politicians and caravanners🤪🤪
The real odd factor, not yet explained, is why Italy has taken such a big hit🤔🤔
whilst I fully appreciate politics is a taboo we must remember whatever advice , right or wrong from a politician will come back and haunt them later. Keep stockpiling your newspapers👍👍👍

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
There's a very good sound reason why Italy and China have been selected to be the chosen two I'm afraid you will have to turn the clock back to biblical times look at that period and you will find the answer, personally I think this is just a warning,

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I've heard that one store has bought a 1000 back copies of a particular Sunday paper. They are selling one at a time with instructions on how to fold them, so they tare into six inch squares. You supply your own loop of string to hang them with.

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
The really good thing about Covid 19 is it cannot differentiate between politicians and caravanners🤪🤪
The real odd factor, not yet explained, is why Italy has taken such a big hit🤔🤔

I have a memory of reading a news article (I think on BBC website) when the original 10/11 villages were identified that the original source was a doctor who had been to the Far East... (I've been meaning to try to find it again) and that because of the remoteness of the small villages there was a delay until it was all linked...

Reactions: camel
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We are learning. One of our Health ministers Nadine Dorries has Covid 19. The good news she is not a caravanner👍 Let’s hope we don’t get to the Italy stage of total lock down.

Reactions: JezzerB
Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
IMO it is likely that the UK will get off quite lightly for one very simple reason - the NHS. It is a top-down nationwide organisation so everyone is told and treated the same.
In Italy the health service is regionalised so it is up to the local authorities to decide how they will handle it.
Also don't forget that the further south you go in Italy the poorer it gets so health standards will also decline overall.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
You have to ask yourself why a number of Insurers have said publicly today they are no longer underwriting travel insurance😥😥

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
You have to ask yourself why a number of Insurers have said publicly today they are no longer underwriting travel insurance😥😥

Ah, different reason. Travel insurance generally does not cover health - you need a separate policy for that - so COVID19 is not a problem for them.

However if you go on hols, arrive, and then the country blocks all air travel (say) you cannot get home and so when you do by whatever means you will make an insurance claim. <THAT> is what insurers pulling the plug is about.

For the record a friend of ours went on a cruise in the Far East on 9th Jan and should have been home at the end of Feb having flown back from Singapore. The operator cancelled calls at 7 ports (out of about 11) and eventually they disembarked in Fremantle, Australia and were told to find their own way home and claim on their insurance. That is what the insurers are scared of.....

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Ah, different reason. Travel insurance generally does not cover health - you need a separate policy for that - so COVID19 is not a problem for them.

However if you go on hols, arrive, and then the country blocks all air travel (say) you cannot get home and so when you do by whatever means you will make an insurance claim. <THAT> is what insurers pulling the plug is about.

For the record a friend of ours went on a cruise in the Far East on 9th Jan and should have been home at the end of Feb having flown back from Singapore. The operator cancelled calls at 7 ports (out of about 11) and eventually they disembarked in Fremantle, Australia and were told to find their own way home and claim on their insurance. That is what the insurers are scared of.....
All my policies have been medical and other risks inclusive. I accept that you can get cheap insurance that excludes medical cover but even when travelling in the EU having medical cover has its advantages.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
SWMBO is in Tenerife . Her policy includes full medical expenses and repatriation. The proviso is you have an Eic card and usee the country’s NHS equivalent unless you have the insurers prior agreement to use other facilities

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dusty D, as our slimming World group has disbanded, we are reclaiming or "Countdown" how are you getting along with 3 dogs, Kizzy being in recoup and a pub nearby. ?😂

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thankfully, just had our two 12kg bags of Burns, dry, dog food supplied, on a cheap deal direct from Burns. When its wet in the dogs bowls it looks like Wheetabix.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Seen on Sunday in supermarket, chap with large trolley which was filled up with Pedigree Chum cans. Any guesses to how many it held?.
Yep my wife came back from Sainsbury’s and said their dog food area was virtually empty. So she got them a few loo rolls and bought me some Fray Bentos steak kidney puddings (babies heads) and tins of spam etc in case of self isolation. 🤭08BA75A6-CC5E-42E7-9B6D-F9326BE6098F.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A friend just taken a helicopter out to Nigeria, and it almost full of Fray bentos pies and puddings ( BH's) and White puddings from the butchers (A and g Collie) in Kemnay in Aberdeenshire.

Reactions: otherclive
Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
The toilet roll issue I hear was due to something said in a supermarket queue in Australia which was then put on FaceWipe by some idiot and it became a world-wide 'shortage' in hours.

Social media has a lot to answer for - not least the panic buying...... Why don't people just THINK?

Oh, I forgot. Using your brain is the first thing out of the window in these circumstances

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday went to ASDA and found all toilet rolls, almost all meat gone and masses of other empty shelves. Then went a couple of miles to Sainsburys and though they were low on many things they had most. Seem the hoarders given the choice go to ASDA. LIDL also had plenty of stock so may be it is pot luck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts