what tow car

Oct 18, 2007
Visit site
Please can anybody help me choose a 4x4 to to my caravan. It's not that heavy approx 1300kg. I want a nice car but only have about £8,000 to spend, what's the Grand vitara like? Driving me mad looking round.

Cheers.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dave have a look here - http://www.ggg.co.uk/

Consider these - Toyota RAV4, Landcruiser, Nissan XTrail, Kia Sorento, Honda CR-V.

Try as many as you can find locally until you have a favourite. Then you can ask again for comments on a specific make/model.

I would recommend diesel and auto for towing - others will have a different view.

Good luck

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Dave,

With such a small caravan, you have an enormous choice of vehicles, and unless you have to go off road through mud, and suspect you don't other wise you would already have a 4x4 so, I wonder why you have gone straight to the most expensive end of the queue.

There are some larger saloon cars and estates, and of course MPV's which will beat most 4x4 on space, road manners and comfort. Running costs of fuel, service and repairs will be better also.

Ultimately its down to personal choice.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Hello Dave,

With such a small caravan, you have an enormous choice of vehicles, and unless you have to go off road through mud, and suspect you don't other wise you would already have a 4x4 so, I wonder why you have gone straight to the most expensive end of the queue.

There are some larger saloon cars and estates, and of course MPV's which will beat most 4x4 on space, road manners and comfort. Running costs of fuel, service and repairs will be better also.

Ultimately its down to personal choice.
I'd agree with John L.

Unless you have the "need" for a 4x4 (like you are a farmer or something like that), stick to a 2x4. It will be a lot cheaper on tax, fuel, ...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts