What were PC thinking?

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
PC must be getting desperate to do reviews on sink drainers. It is no wonder that caravanners get slagged off and ridiculed in a paper like the Times.

Why don't they do a product test on motor movers, alarm systems, trackers or similar instead of something that is of no interest to most people because the wife is going to buy what she likes regardless of whether it is chrome or plastic tray.

PC magazine seem to write in its own interests and not in the interests of consumers. More pages of adverts than anything practical.

I am seriously considering cancelling my subscription unless of course they start acting in the interest of the consumers like naming and shaming manufacturers & dealers who let the consumer own when it comes to delivery, PDIs, repairs, and the list goes on. Never a bad word or a criticism about a dealer. Gee, every single dealer out there must be spot on with their service.

Come on PC you used to be good, what are you scared of that you seldom produce articles critical of the dealer, manufacturer, camp site. Your writers must be wearing rose tinted glasses when they do reviews. You wil not have a problem if every thing is factual as they will try and improve their product to the benefit of all including themselves.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
100% agreement here! I had to check I hadn't picked up an April 1st edition when I scanned it in the shop - so I put it back and bought another!! Subscribe? Certainly not.

The car mags take dealers/repairers to task so why not the caravan mags. All of them seem pretty "twee" compared to mags for other interests.

I will carry on buying a mag on its content each month.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I agree I just hope Jeremy Clarkson doesn't get hold of a copy, he will have a field day with the sink drainer article and make us look like right idiots, come on PC.

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Sadly I have to agree, I couldn't believe that someone had written and published such a boring article, it was certainly a waste of money this month. I have to buy a new breadboard soon, matbe next month there will be a review on them!!!!!!

Apr 6, 2005
Visit site
Well said all I 100% agree with what is stated (see my earlier posts re PC) also glad to note others have noticed the large amount of advertising since change of editor

Please PC or the site moderator have the sense to coment on these post for all our sakes

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
I fully agree with Ian - 100% We should be trying to promote caravaning as a modern, thriving and vibrant leisure persuit, full of people with a relaxed and laid back outlook on life. - Not a bunch of sad anoraks who have discussions about sink drainers !! Roy is correct - if Jeremy Clarkson finds out!! GET A GRIP PC !!!

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
HI All

I for one found the article on sink drainers both informative and of great technical merit. As a result of the article we have changed our drainer and our lives have been totally transformed.I for one would like to see more such articles. How about a booklet on the No8 inch and a half woodscrew or toasters I have known and loved. We recently purchased a new cork screw and were very disapointed to find no guidance in past issues, we are now worried to death in case we have made a wrong choice. So come on PC more of the same please.

Must go now as I am rather busy compiling an inventory and spread sheet on types, styles and makes of light bulbs for caravans which I am going to send to PC for inclusion in a future issue.

May 11, 2005
Visit site
I think PC should carry out tests on the drainage of grass pitches at various sites.The Plassey at Wrexham would be a good place to start. We were there Easter 2004 and needed a boat to get accross our awning. By the end of the week it was like the Somme.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
MESSAGE FROM THE EDITOR

I'm sorry to hear that you found the drainers review disappointing. The idea was to alternate reviews of more technical and expensive products with cheaper ones that would appeal to young caravanners starting out on a low budget. We also felt that a product like a drainer is still an important, practical part of caravanning, and deserves to be covered in detail once in a while. Of course this won't appeal to all our readers, but we endeavoured to ensure that there was a good variety of content in the issue so that if drainers didn't appeal, plenty of other articles would instead.

None the less, it's good to have feedback (well, most of it) and I'll bear all of your comments in mind when planning future issues.

Alex Newby

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I've not seen this months PC but each part of the 'van is important. There is definataly some improvments and inovations waiting for the kitchen area. Well done PC, I'm personaly not interested in motor movers or towcars but I wont scoff if you cover them next month.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well I TOTALLY dissagree withall of you!!!but then you are all male and I am a mere female,you know,the one who packs all the things into the caravan,gets the shopping for the trip,ect.ectAND lets not forget,wash the dishes and put them in the drainer!!It was a great article and i am sure that many other female readers thaught so.Caravaning is not just for the boys you know.!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
MESSAGE FROM THE EDITOR

I'm sorry to hear that you found the drainers review disappointing. The idea was to alternate reviews of more technical and expensive products with cheaper ones that would appeal to young caravanners starting out on a low budget. We also felt that a product like a drainer is still an important, practical part of caravanning, and deserves to be covered in detail once in a while. Of course this won't appeal to all our readers, but we endeavoured to ensure that there was a good variety of content in the issue so that if drainers didn't appeal, plenty of other articles would instead.

None the less, it's good to have feedback (well, most of it) and I'll bear all of your comments in mind when planning future issues.

Alex Newby
hope you noticed that they were all males who replied in dissagreament..I liked the article,we have an old tray that we have been using as a "drainer" so now we have all the info we can get a new one that is suited for the job..thank you.

Patricia Shelley

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Patricia,I think you should take up these issues with you husband not the men on these pages who probably do help load the van,do the shopping and even the washing up .Perhaps thinking of yourself as a' mere woman' might have something to do with it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Now Tina, you seem to have this obsession with this business of erections. The problem in your case seems to be that you leave your poor 'old man' to do it on his own where as it would be much easier if the two of you worked together:)

May 9, 2005
Visit site
Well Martyn are you on drugs You are having a laugh we can manage to wash and dry with out needing to buy a drainer and if you saved your money on silly accessories you might be glad of a caravan mover when you are old and have no friends left. Also if you have been buying caravan magazines for a number of yrs they have actually done a review on bottle openers but if you are a true wine drinker, on holiday a sharpe long screwdriver and hammer does the job and is cheaper.

As for Mr Stinky pete if more articles were done on towing cars then we would not complain as much when we get stuck behind a car that has a caravan nose or arse down that cannot cope towing the outfit because he or she did not have the knowledge to choose whisely.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well said Linda.

As a relatively new caravanner, articles on safety issues, places to go, how to set up, practical tips and what to do if a problem arrises whould suit the title "PRACTICAL" caravan.

I know we men cannot multi-task (believe me it is a wonderful excuse) but my wife can do a multitude of tasks all at once thought the article was crass in the extreme. For the lady who thought it was a great article I would say heaven help us if we ever see bad one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts