Whats your favourite site for Autumn.

Page 6 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I had one like that 15 years ago. A cover for the chairs and table at night time, how many Awnings do you have now ? Or will be buying. ???
The Apache Monaco 240 we might sell on and buy a Sunncamp Scenic Plus we use to own one some years ago and it was brilliant we also have a air one so at present two :cool:

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Booked Burrs Country park near Bury for a week next month .
Lots within walking distance including heritage railway, parkland and pub.
Nearby in Bury, there is a Metrolink station for greater Manchester and the city centre.

Also booked the following 4 nights at Bridge Villa Wallingford on the way back to Sussex.
Hi Bill i hope you have a nice breaks when you go next month ;)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have booked The Turbles for a week next month looking foward to seeing the Malvern hills
We pass there most Saturdays to go to the Robin Hood for lunch and a drink. Food is very good. Turbles is a nice convenient site. While there go up the Malvern Hills and there is a road that runs the other side along it. Take a 5l empty bottle with you and top up with the spring water. Tastes delicious.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We pass there most Saturdays to go to the Robin Hood for lunch and a drink. Food is very good. Turbles is a nice convenient site. While there go up the Malvern Hills and there is a road that runs the other side along it. Take a 5l empty bottle with you and top up with the spring water. Tastes delicious.
Many thanks for the suggestion we will take a empty bottle and try some :cool:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Many thanks for the suggestion we will take a empty bottle and try some :cool:
Hay Slad is a nice spring, easy parking near the Malvern Quarry and near to the Wych Inn. We were there in summer 2020 when lockdown 1 was eased. Walked up summer hill and then on to the Worcestershire Beacon with fabulous views.

02C63FD4-2F61-43E4-9BD7-0E09552378C3.jpg

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hay Slad is a nice spring, easy parking near the Malvern Quarry and near to the Wych Inn. We were there in summer 2020 when lockdown 1 was eased. Walked up summer hill and then on to the Worcestershire Beacon with fabulous views.

View attachment 2506
That will not be very freindly for BB as he uses a mobility chair. Plume of Feathers, The Red lion, or Duke of York, are his best bets, then the Farmers arms at Brits street. But The Classic, Three Kings at Handley castle should not be missed.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
That will not be very freindly for BB as he uses a mobility chair. Plume of Feathers, The Red lion, or Duke of York, are his best bets, then the Farmers arms at Brits street. But The Classic, Three Kings at Handley castle should not be missed.
Hi made a note of these pubs and thanks for the suggestion (y)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
That will not be very friendly for BB as he uses a mobility chair. Plume of Feathers, The Red lion, or Duke of York, are his best bets, then the Farmers arms at Brits street. But The Classic, Three Kings at Handley castle should not be missed.
Obviously you were in Malvern a long time ago. We were regulars at the Farmers Arms until the family sold it. Went for lunch with new owners and never went back again.
Plume of Feathers and Robin Hood were owned by the the same LL. Brian then gave up the Plume to manage the Robin Hood which is now outstanding. Duke of York is also very nice, but we would give the Red Lion a miss if we are talking about the same Red Lion. Three Kings is not our style, but is a popular pub if you like warm beer. :D

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Obviously you were in Malvern a long time ago. We were regulars at the Farmers Arms until the family sold it. Went for lunch with new owners and never went back again.
Plume of Feathers and Robin Hood were owned by the the same LL. Brian then gave up the Plume to manage the Robin Hood which is now outstanding. Duke of York is also very nice, but we would give the Red Lion a miss if we are talking about the same Red Lion. Three Kings is not our style, but is a popular pub if you like warm beer. :D
Sorry I meant the Robin Hood , not the Redlion, also there is the Malbank inn.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Haven't been to the Marlbank for over two years since new owners took over. We have stayed in the caravan park attached to the Marlbank and it was okay.
The Marlbank is now a Desi pub since the new owners took over.
They still have caravan pitches though, we stayed there a few years ago, but the site toilets were the pub toilets as well. 😕

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The Marlbank is now a Desi pub since the new owners took over.
They still have caravan pitches though, we stayed there a few years ago, but the site toilets were the pub toilets as well. 😕
I seem to recall you mentioning it at the time? The pub toilets were really first class. What we liked about the caravan site was that for the caravan wheels there were two strips of concrete so the caravan was perfectly level side to side.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I seem to recall you mentioning it at the time? The pub toilets were really first class. What we liked about the caravan site was that for the caravan wheels there were two strips of concrete so the caravan was perfectly level side to side.
I think that the pub toilets must have been upgraded since we were there, when we went it was a typical public house bog.
I don't remember too much about the pitches at The Marlbank though.
We only stayed for a weekend and on the Saturday evening there was a good old lock in, so the next day was a bit hazy for me. 😖

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We probably have a look at these pubs mention go to one that got great reviews and no steps and easy access for my wheelchair and disabled parking , thanks for all of the information it is much appreciated :)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have stopped in Morris Leisure site Stanmore Hall Bridgnorth on the Adults only area and they are in the caravan and motorhome Club so we got a bit off so us it was very reasonable

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts