When will they open?

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
caravan club sites opening on July 4 seen on another forum

Martin

CC official statement is "At this time we are planning on the assumption that we will be able to introduce a phased reopening of our campsites from 4 July. We will be opening most of our Club sites in England and we are waiting on Government advice for campsites in Scotland and Wales"

note the use of "planning on the assumption" and "waiting on Government advice for campsites in Scotland and Wales"

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Shame Monmouth is on the wrong side of the border. I might have to trudge all the way up to Gloucester just to get to a spot in the Forest of Dean without entering Wales.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
i know some sites are opening on the 4th july but that depends on Government advice and nothing changes so good luck Robert
No sites will be able to open on 4 July unless the respective devolved governments authorise it. Many may be preparing to open on that date but thus far none of the governments have made any announcement. Although going by the rapid change of mind on zoos nothing surprises me on the logic being adopted. A caravan site with no facilities isn’t far removed from a zoo 🤭

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well i know one site is
Re opening on 4th july
Social Distances measures will be in place
Please Note
We are Strictly Following Government Guidelines the proposal is to start with a phased reopening and the shower & Toilet Block will remain closed for the time been use your own Toilet & Shower seeing our caravan got a end washroom .
My wife only works a few days we might be abled get a short break and different scenery then seeing hospital beds and helping with this virus .

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Well i know one site is
Re opening on 4th july
Social Distances measures will be in place
Please Note
We are Strictly Following Government Guidelines the proposal is to start with a phased reopening and the shower & Toilet Block will remain closed for the time been use your own Toilet & Shower seeing our caravan got a end washroom .
My wife only works a few days we might be abled get a short break and different scenery then seeing hospital beds and helping with this virus .

Still only a proposal until the government announces that campsites can open.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just had updates from both Clubs. Subject to government approval they plan to open sites on 4July. Some will have shower and toilet facilities others will not. Communal areas will be closed off. What was surprising was the relatively large number of sites not being opened again in 2020.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Where we are going i received a email this Adult Farm Site he got everything sorted like the Toilet Block is Closed he is following all the government guidelines . the proposal has already been done and the date he got was the reopening 4/07/20 so it must be ok (But we are not going on that date)
Also look on Pitchup there is alot sites reopening on the 4/7/20

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Where we are going i received a email this Adult Farm Site he got everything sorted like the Toilet Block is Closed he is following all the government guidelines . the proposal has already been done and the date he got was the reopening 4/07/20 so it must be ok (But we are not going on that date)
Also look on Pitchup there is alot sites reopening on the 4/7/20
The site may be ready to open on 4 July but until the government give authorisation it would be illegal for them to do so. What pitch up says is incorrect. Sites are planning on the assumption that they will be authorised to open on 4 July. But it has to be authorised. What your site and Pitchup says is incorrect as things stand today.

Reactions: RogerL
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The site may be ready to open on 4 July but until the government give authorisation it would be illegal for them to do so. What pitch up says is incorrect. Sites are planning on the assumption that they will be authorised to open on 4 July. But it has to be authorised. What your site and Pitchup says is incorrect as things stand today.

This was going to be a suprise for my wife who was pulled out of retirement for the NHS (Nurse) helping with this Virus .
Tell that to the Customers who are booking Pitchup, Caravan Club sites . Adult Parks ..

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just had updates from both Clubs. Subject to government approval they plan to open sites on 4July. Some will have shower and toilet facilities others will not. Communal areas will be closed off. What was surprising was the relatively large number of sites not being opened again in 2020.
i to have had updates from both Clubs but we are hoping this one is open in September (Rutland Caravan Park )

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This was going to be a suprise for my wife who was pulled out of retirement for the NHS (Nurse) helping with this Virus .
Tell that to the Customers who are booking Pitchup, Caravan Club sites . Adult Parks ..
Beachball
I’ve also recently booked sites with CMHC and CCC too but just in case they don’t get authorised to open on 4 July we decided to make our first booking mid July.
I hope that both yours and our bookings work out okay. And as our 15 year old granddaughter doesn’t look as if she will return to school we might even throw in an earlier booking too.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
it is absolutely down to the Government to decide when to allow caravan sites to open. But I can fully understand sites planning for opening. To plan you need a date to aim at. The 4th July has been banded around for some time, and it might be correct, but it has not been confirmed, and bearing in mind the Gov'ts U turn on schools, the 4th is by no means a certainty.

Generally its easier to stop a plan at short notice, rather than being caught with no plan and being left behind.

I strongly suggest that any one who has planned on the 4th to be able to get away should also be prepared to have their plans cancelled.

The C19 pandemic has thrown up many unforeseen considerations as time has gone by, don't be surprised if a few more spanners in the works come along.

Reactions: Beachball
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I'm booked for north wales end of july( booked last October ) not sure whether it'll be open,been looking for plan b,book somewhere in England.The few places that I fancied seem to be booked up or dates not available ,so think I'll wait till last minute(very unlike me) and see at the time.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Beachball
I’ve also recently booked sites with CMHC and CCC too but just in case they don’t get authorised to open on 4 July we decided to make our first booking mid July.
I hope that both yours and our bookings work out okay. And as our 15 year old granddaughter doesn’t look as if she will return to school we might even throw in an earlier booking too.
Hi Clive We had book mid july as well we have two granddaughters one is 24 a School teacher and the other one is 17 year old , I hope your bookings and mine come off last time out in our Caravan was October 2019

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm booked for north wales end of july( booked last October ) not sure whether it'll be open,been looking for plan b,book somewhere in England.The few places that I fancied seem to be booked up or dates not available ,so think I'll wait till last minute(very unlike me) and see at the time.
We were also away in july to mid wales but i have transfered that to June 2021

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Morning all, we have a 2 week trip booked for mablethorpe, not a camp lots of people on here would favour as it’s quite a commercial site, club, restaurant, pool, golf, fishing etc etc, we’ve called this morning as the full payment is due 20th as going on 18th July, most of facilities are going to be unavailable but they said they’re opening on 4th July, I’m aware that even though they said the 4th its not been confirmed by Boris they will be allowed but it looks likely, so lacking facilities or not we will be setting off for certain, I wondered if anyone has an answer to this..... I have a shower in the caravan that’s never been used so need to give it a full test sooner rather than later, also it needs a top to bottom clean, so my question is, am I allowed to fetch my caravan from storage and park it on my drive to do all the required jobs, it’s a 10 minute drive from home to storage so I may well take a chance even if I shouldn’t but it would be nice to know if I can do so legally, thoughts anyone?.

BP

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The date is a guess based on what they think will happen. Government directives are all made fairly late in the day and the policy can change according to how things go.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes I agree but they need to start preparing in advance of when they expect to be allowed to open so if opening is allowed for the 4th they have got to start making preparations now, we aren’t going there until the 18th so I’m really hoping that we’re gonna be ok for then, I bought a KUGA around 6 months ago and haven’t towed yet as hadn’t got towbar fitted so towbar being fitted next Wednesday, gone for a detachable with 12 pin socket even though our current van has black and grey plugs, with any luck we’ll be changing caravan next spring so using adaptor in the mean time, I’m getting excited already and it’s about 6 weeks away, I’m even looking forward to having it my drive to do all the bits that need doing every year, fingers crossed all of us get away in the near future.

BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve a feeling next Monday could well be when a number of changes are announced, hopefully it will be confirmed about campsites which if it’s going to be the 4th July confirming it on Monday gives sites less than 3 weeks to prepare, has anyone got views on my being legal To fetch it from storage, I’ve confirmed with storage I can fetch it and take it back once I’ve prepped the van for our trip.

BP

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts