When will they open?

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes I agree but they need to start preparing in advance of when they expect to be allowed to open so if opening is allowed for the 4th they have got to start making preparations now, we aren’t going there until the 18th so I’m really hoping that we’re gonna be ok for then, I bought a KUGA around 6 months ago and haven’t towed yet as hadn’t got towbar fitted so towbar being fitted next Wednesday, gone for a detachable with 12 pin socket even though our current van has black and grey plugs, with any luck we’ll be changing caravan next spring so using adaptor in the mean time, I’m getting excited already and it’s about 6 weeks away, I’m even looking forward to having it my drive to do all the bits that need doing every year, fingers crossed all of us get away in the near future.

BP
Hi Don"t you mean a 13pin socket

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Booked a CAMC site in England for the 8th July. It is on the list on sites hoping to open if Boris gives the green light. If it opens we go; if it doesn’t we don’t. Just have to wait and see. Good thing about CAMC is no money changes hands until you get there, so no hassle getting dosh back if it doesn’t open.
mel

Reactions: Beachball
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
BB I didn’t think you were being picky I was just having a laugh, I’m in too good a mood cos likely we’ll get away on 18th July and I’m really looking forward to towing with the Kuga, it’s 2.0 diesel 4 WD180 bhp so I’ve heard nothing but good on its towing performance, a bit different to towing with Astra Estate for last couple of years

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
No one seems to have answer re legality of my fetching van from storage so I’ll just chance it once new towbar fitted and I’m sure a police officer would have to be in a snotty mood to fine me if I explain why I’m fetching it, and if he does then I’ll tell him my name is Dominic Cummings and I’m sure he’ll let me off

BP

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Morning all, we have a 2 week trip booked for mablethorpe, not a camp lots of people on here would favour as it’s quite a commercial site, club, restaurant, pool, golf, fishing etc etc, we’ve called this morning as the full payment is due 20th as going on 18th July, most of facilities are going to be unavailable but they said they’re opening on 4th July, I’m aware that even though they said the 4th its not been confirmed by Boris they will be allowed but it looks likely, so lacking facilities or not we will be setting off for certain, I wondered if anyone has an answer to this..... I have a shower in the caravan that’s never been used so need to give it a full test sooner rather than later, also it needs a top to bottom clean, so my question is, am I allowed to fetch my caravan from storage and park it on my drive to do all the required jobs, it’s a 10 minute drive from home to storage so I may well take a chance even if I shouldn’t but it would be nice to know if I can do so legally, thoughts anyone?.

BP
I very much doubt that you would be stopped over such a short distance. Although strictly speaking driving fir non key workers is for excercise, shopping etc and in England you could drive from Lands End to Carlisle for excercise but would have to return home unless applying yesterday’s relaxation!!! Bizarre or what?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Morning all, we have a 2 week trip booked for mablethorpe, not a camp lots of people on here would favour as it’s quite a commercial site, club, restaurant, pool, golf, fishing etc etc, we’ve called this morning as the full payment is due 20th as going on 18th July, most of facilities are going to be unavailable but they said they’re opening on 4th July, I’m aware that even though they said the 4th its not been confirmed by Boris they will be allowed but it looks likely, so lacking facilities or not we will be setting off for certain, I wondered if anyone has an answer to this..... I have a shower in the caravan that’s never been used so need to give it a full test sooner rather than later, also it needs a top to bottom clean, so my question is, am I allowed to fetch my caravan from storage and park it on my drive to do all the required jobs, it’s a 10 minute drive from home to storage so I may well take a chance even if I shouldn’t but it would be nice to know if I can do so legally, thoughts anyone?.

BP
Sounds absolutely fine and having two weeks away after such a long period stored up must be good fir the soul. Like you we haven’t used our caravan shower but we have had previous ones and can manage to make a few litres of hot water do the job. The trick being to wash up as high as possible. Then wash as low as possible. Then wash possible. 🤭

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We always use the caravans shower, a crafty trick is me taking the dogs for a walk, whilst SWMBO, has her shower, just before leaving the van, tell her " I don't think you need to wash your hair today, it looks good". That way when I get back, I swop to a full aqua roll, the water has reheated and there is enough for me to have my shower. Simples.

Reactions: otherclive
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
The site is a serviced pitch so has permanent water connection which saves filling aqua roll and drain so no emptying to do, re washing the only hassle is waiting for water to reheat but as it’s a two week relaxation period we won’t be rushing anything, there is a drain to empty the loo if I remember right but not sure I want to risk any unwelcome odours so might empty that at communal disposal point, that’s a minor point, roll on getting confirmed opening dates.

BP

Reactions: Hutch
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Bailey Ranger, getting on in years now but still nice clean van and everything in working order so I want to run it until next spring when I’m hoping to update, the camp we’re going to is Don Amott lakeside, good facilities with fishing on site and several decent fisheries local, this will be our 4th visit and there are 4 pitches booked for various family outfits, all good fun so fingers crossed it gets the green light

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We used to have a 2008 Bailey Ranger 460/4 it was great if you get the green light i hope you enjoy Don Amott Lakeside i do love fishing with my pole

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
Just booked a weekend away from the 10th july off to aysgarth falls for our first outing since feb time to get the van ready the lady at the camp site says there full already the camp site is just behind a pub so could be happy days

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just booked a weekend away from the 10th july off to aysgarth falls for our first outing since feb time to get the van ready the lady at the camp site says there full already the camp site is just behind a pub so could be happy days
Just got to wait for a green light from Boris :D

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
The other day i was talking to a steward at our local DA temp holiday site at seaburn in aug i was asking if it was still on as i need to put holidays in at work she was telling me that the ccc rallys and ths should be on by aug but its the local county councils that could stop them going ahead as they wont want visiters comeing to there districts in caravans on mass

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
No one seems to have answer re legality of my fetching van from storage so I’ll just chance it once new towbar fitted and I’m sure a police officer would have to be in a snotty mood to fine me if I explain why I’m fetching it, and if he does then I’ll tell him my name is Dominic Cummings and I’m sure he’ll let me off

BP
Well i pick my caravan up from storage took it for a service it only about a 10 mile around trip :D

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

BP
If you want to know the position try looking at the UK Gov website, but there seems a world of difference between Government Regulations and the laws. That’s why the police are finding it increasingly difficult to police the situation. And hence are only inclined to get involved where there is a gross breach. But even then they seem to resort to persuasion rather than try enforcing what may in fact be not be the law.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...avirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When my wife was pulled out of retirement (Nurse) the first job offered was in London from our home (170 miles one way) but she now working around trip (50 miles) and gets home same day:D

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi OC I looked on the corona website for do’s & don’t‘s and not surprisingly nothing that gives any insight as to legality, I shall go ahead and fetch the van next week and I’m confident I won’t get pulled but I’ll accept it politely if I do and from what I’ve heard this often means the difference between getting a fine or not, I’ve a couple of jobs I already know that need doing, it has a manual toilet flush that needs replacing, I’ve purchased the required siphon and having replaced one ages ago I’m happy to do it, the van will get a much needed wash and shine and I’ll give the shower a trial run so I know that’s working as it should, I’ve also ordered some “scrubbies” which someone told me about, it’s a cloth impregnated with soap and something to absorb a small amount of water and apparently one of the wipes is enough for a full body wash, I thought I’d get some and got a backup should showering be a problem, I’m really looking forward to putting the Kuga through it’s paces with the van hooked up.
Getting away looking tantalisingly real.

BP

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Errr Are you serious! A MEDAL!
Suppose they could pin it to their scrubs or wear it as a hair clip.
Do you really think that a medal is important?
Surely the gratitude of the country is enough - or are we thinking of a campaign award!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi OC I looked on the corona website for do’s & don’t‘s and not surprisingly nothing that gives any insight as to legality, I shall go ahead and fetch the van next week and I’m confident I won’t get pulled but I’ll accept it politely if I do and from what I’ve heard this often means the difference between getting a fine or not, I’ve a couple of jobs I already know that need doing, it has a manual toilet flush that needs replacing, I’ve purchased the required siphon and having replaced one ages ago I’m happy to do it, the van will get a much needed wash and shine and I’ll give the shower a trial run so I know that’s working as it should, I’ve also ordered some “scrubbies” which someone told me about, it’s a cloth impregnated with soap and something to absorb a small amount of water and apparently one of the wipes is enough for a full body wash, I thought I’d get some and got a backup should showering be a problem, I’m really looking forward to putting the Kuga through it’s paces with the van hooked up.
Getting away looking tantalisingly real.

BP
Yes the website keeps being updated and previous versions lapse and aren’t readily available. The two actual acts are a nightmare to read through as they detail so many aspects of life that the Government need to address. As relaxation progresses it also becomes more difficult to sort out the wood from the trees. EG if you are a single parent you could drive Lands End to Carlisle to visit your parents and stay the night. But if your a couple you can drive there for a get together in the garden but not stay the night. Bizarre.
I don’t think you will have any problem just moving the caravan. Good luck.

https://www.practical-sailor.com/personal-gear-apparel/the-best-products-for-staying-clean-onboard

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We always use the caravans shower, a crafty trick is me taking the dogs for a walk, whilst SWMBO, has her shower, just before leaving the van, tell her " I don't think you need to wash your hair today, it looks good". That way when I get back, I swop to a full aqua roll, the water has reheated and there is enough for me to have my shower. Simples.
We have ALDE heating so never have a problem with running out of hot water as I can shower straight after OH and then do the dishes with plenty of hot water left over.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts