Where is it summer?

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Do any of you have it?

We've had a few nice days but generally it's rubbish. At times we're not even getting temperatures into double figures.

Ten days ago coming through Glen Coe and Glen Shiel the daytime temperature was 5degC.

Mrs V picked up a bug when we came back from the south....which is not untypical when we go south....and felt so miserable the other day we lit the fire.

Only upside is that the green stuff isn't growing too quickly.

Reactions: Thebossandhermaster
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Layers I think.

We had 10 days in Northumberland a short while back. First half dreary and rainy, second half sunny but not overly warm.
Even the dogs got three coats. Wet and cold, wet and warm,and showers. It’s like a lottery deciding which one. Then my shoes/boots, say nothing of outerwear choice.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Tail end of last month we were on a cruise around the Baltic, most days when we were towards the East of it it was sunny and over 20⁰, a couple of days it was 25-26⁰ Temperature dropped when we got back to Denmark and then the North sea at tge start of June.
Currently sat in my garden in Weymouth. It's bright and sunny, but the wind has got a vicious serrated edge to it.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday we needed to turn on the heating for a couple of hours it was that cold in the home. Wind was really sharp yesterday! We are away on Sunday so here's hoping the weather improves. We pass by Weymouth in 2 weeks time so hopefully it will be warmer by then. (y) :D

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
It's been great here in the south of France these past two weeks. We originally planned to go to Lake Geneva only for a week, but the weather there was so bad that we packed everything up and headed south. We then decided to extend our stay without originally ever having the intention to be away from home so long, but the weather here has been too good to miss.

Last edited:

Tux

Mar 17, 2024
Visit site
Down right miserable. Sick of it. Here's hoping it improves for July. Feels like we're still in March at times. Hope we aren't in for another "summer" like last year.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well here in Milton Keynes, the Mid South weather, is not too bad for about 50 miles around, good enough to get away to Blue Lias, Southam, Huntingdon, Norfolk, Swindon etc, but another month of dentist and Hospital appointments. Until mid July planned.

Sod the weather. Might just do Rose and Crown, Ridgemont, 6 miles, Gullivers land, Milton Keynes, 6 miles.

Tux

Mar 17, 2024
Visit site
Well here in Milton Keynes, the Mid South weather, is not too bad for about 50 miles around, good enough to get away to Blue Lias, Southam, Huntingdon, Norfolk, Swindon etc, but another month of dentist and Hospital appointments. Until mid July planned.

Sod the weather. Might just do Rose and Crown, Ridgemont, 6 miles, Gullivers land, Milton Keynes, 6 miles.
A caravan holiday to Swindon? You lucky thing! Can I also recommend Didcot? Sadly though, no more dreaming chimneys to gaze at...

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site

There's always a day out at IKEA.

Is the Xscape place still there?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
There's always a day out at IKEA.

Is the Xscape place still there?
Ah yes The big Silver Slug, Indoor skiing, 10 pin bowling, cinema, The skydiving, and numerous restaurants, it's all in the Escape.
The Gullivers land Caravan site, is great for younger children and has a great dog friendly pub nearby,

Tux

Mar 17, 2024
Visit site
We could see those chimneys on the horizon from where we live in the Cotswolds....also we can see planes landing at Brize Norton a bit nearer...

Steve ( it's raining here).
Since the chimneys have gone its my work I constantly see on the horizon (JET / Culham) from all surrounding hills. When I was a little kid I thought all the clouds in the world came feom Didcot power station.

Reactions: Steve1962

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts