Who is there left to vote for?!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
With the European elections looming on 4th June who are we supposed to vote for? Either they fiddle the country but say they are all working in our best "interests" - or they give away all our rights, and Europe rule us! Is there an honest party anywhere??

Who will keep Britain in our control and look out for this country? With Europe increasing in size and Turkey about to join up how can we accommodate the influx of more "Europeans"? They all want to come and live here, England will be full - will we all have to move to their empty countries??!!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dont even ask about MEP's unreceipted expense allowances,,,,,,it makes the UK governments amounts insignificant!!!

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
"none of the above! Just records as 'Spoilt' voting slip.

That sends no message at all the parties in power, it has taken the anger raised by the expenses fiasco to get politicians.

Only a large number of recorded votes for the extreme parties like BNP will make those in power wake up to the fact that we hold ultimate power and our veiws should be reperesented by them.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to tell people who they should or should not vote for in the forthcoming European election on Thursday but I can't help feeling that the present government coupled with their tame media would much prefer no one to vote at all.

Whoever we elect as MEP's nothing much will change and we will still be ruled by faceless unelected bureaucrats but a low turnout will spare Stalin Mc Sporran the ignomy and embarrassment that he is surely facing when his cronies have their snouts firmly removed from the trough.

I hope that there is a massive turnout, it will show our political 'masters' that in reality they are our servants and prove to the lot of them that the game is finally up.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think you have a good point, I wasn't going to bother to vote because I can't see anyone worth voting for, but as you say, we need to be heard and the politicians need to realise that we really do pay their salary - they are supposed to represent us - loads of us don't want to be ruled by Brussels, I've now had a good read about UKIP and the BNP so I will now walk to the polling station and make the effort just so our politicians get the message, I really do love our country and what we used to represent so any party that tries to restore some of our past values will get my vote!

TRENDING THREADS