Why are the personal details not showing in posts?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Ive noticed that in the posts I no longer see pictures/cartoons under the posters username on the left hand side. Nor are any details shwon under the signature in posts. Such details often included towcar, type of van etc. Is it my Mac or has the website been changed?

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
otherclive said:
Ive noticed that in the posts I no longer see pictures/cartoons under the posters username on the left hand side. Nor are any details shwon under the signature in posts. Such details often included towcar, type of van etc. Is it my Mac or has the website been changed?
Hooray, they are back !!!
smiley-laughing.gif

(but I'm still having to do word verification
smiley-cry.gif
)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I contacted Nigel who replied that for some reason the avatar and signature gizmo had been switched off so he switched it back on again. I also asked him to resolve your verification problem but it looks as though he's forgotten.
Let me know if things change please Sir WC, I'll send another reminder
smiley-smile.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Parksy said:
I contacted Nigel who replied that for some reason the avatar and signature gizmo had been switched off so he switched it back on again. I also asked him to resolve your verification problem but it looks as though he's forgotten.
Let me know if things change please Sir WC, I'll send another reminder
smiley-smile.gif
Eureka Parksy

The power of the middle digit strikes again
smiley-laughing.gif

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My three previous posts today have required verification, and now this one too. Guess there's still an issue somewhere with the site.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Every post this wekend has required verification, as does this one. It really is a pain, no other forum that I use has this amount of hassle.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi, Clive I think it has something to do with the "anti spam filter" of the site, it was happening to me but Parksy fixed it
smiley-laughing.gif
I think he is away this weekend but I am sure it can be fixed when he gets back.
BTW, my problems started after replying to a thread, that had web links on every post so by "qouting" more than one links was added every post. sometimes 3 or 4, when submitting the (post) it was seen as spam and chucked into a sand box,
this seems to have triggered a flag on every subsequent post and needed verification before posting every time after that. because my signature was now flagged, something similar could be happening to you, I am sure it is easy to fix,

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Clive
I'm sorry that you (and 'Woodsieboy') have had issues with the word verification software, I was away in the caravan over the weekend.
I have no access to the software which would sort this out for you but I've reported the problem and hopefully it will be resolved a.s.a.p.
smiley-smile.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I've noticed that signatures are replaced by 'n/a' and if I open your account and click on Save part of the signature re-appears in grey. I've no idea what's happened this time but 'smiley's' or colours don't load either.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Have also noticed that when posting it will let you set your text out in the paragraphs that you want, but then removes them when posting

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My signature as changed such that everything is in light grey and not formatted as I have had it for years. Yet when I look in m
My Account everything looks normal. Also web links are not being automatically made 'live' links in blue. They just go in as normal text. Do I need to change anything somewhere?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I think that it's back to normal now, Clive and Sprocket you may have to re-submit your signatures in their original colours.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sprocket, I've alerted Haymarket via email.
They altered some settings a couple of days ago and have not changed them back but they've obviously missed the colour icon from the account settings box.
I bet that you've forgotten the HTML that I taught you when you first tried to add links to the old forum haven't you?
smiley-laughing.gif

Have a look at this colour picker and if all else fails use HTML to add your colour to your signature text by disabling rich text and adding:

<span style="color: #ff00ff;">Your Signature</span>

If you don't miss any of it out it will hopefully become
Your Signature

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Still not playing ball for some reason,
I had already saved the HTML code, before i tried re-trying it the other day.........
I can see it in the signature box, but it won't show on the forum...........
Unless i copy it like below into posts ?? .....
sproketjester.gif
Sir Sproket CJ ( BAR)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I was just playing about with your account settings and you beat me to it Sprocket.
Try adding the text HTML separately now that you've got the jester gif back (Edit: and the text of the thread
smiley-laughing.gif
)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts