Why Do People

Oct 3, 2005
Visit site
When you are parked on a pitch,Why do people walk passed your van within inches on the way to the toilet block or for what ever reason,i wouldnt even dream of it,have we got a different type of caravanner these days..

Oct 19, 2007
Visit site
I don't think we have a different type of caravanner these days, the general decline with respect to valuing others spreads throughout society I'm afraid. We have sat here for three hours this afternoon with music literally blaring through the walls and in the back garden. Our neighbour's retort is "If you don't like it - move" as he shuts the door in our face.

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Timbo.

I have an answer for you!!

We had this problem....and solved it.

We arranged to spend the night away from home.

I borrowed a Yamaha organ from our friends, and set it up against the lounge wall seperating our semi from our obnoxious neighbour who often partied until 4am.

I set up the organ to play a very untuneful sequence with lots of horns, cymbals, drums, whistles, jet noises and other irritating sounds. Put it on a long loop, and TURNED THE VOLUME UP TO FULL!!

Then we left for the night.

He came round the next day, furious, and full of wind and threats, and I told him that unless he kept HIS noise down, we would be repeating the operation and that I might even BUY the organ!!

Shame...He and his wife never got any sleep that night!! But he's not had any parties since.......and that was 4 years ago!!

Oct 19, 2007
Visit site
Unfortunately Rita, its all done for devilment, the man is not sane and no, I will not be driven out, driven mad yes, but I'm not leaving my home until I'm ready.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Really annoying. we have found this increasing and decided to avoid club sites at weekends and school holidays. We noticed that Sun to Thursday it is rare but come the weekend......! We use five van sites, rallies and temporary holiday sites. Doesn't happen on them. (Can't afford commercial sites.)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Park you car close enough to one side of the caravan to make walking through difficult - say with the Aquaroll in the way, and use windbreaks to extend the awnings but fit a guy line to the top of each wind break pole and take the pegs out as far a you can - and perhaps front and aft as well. Tie a little something to the guy lines to draw attention to the potential tripping hazard.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts