Witter or Westfalia towbar

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Well done to Romania producing goods and materials on cheap day go labour , hopefully when we get out of that EU we will get all the brit work back here,

So you'll be happy paying the price of the vastly increased labour rate that would result from them being made in the UK?

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
As for Romanian engineering, we can vouch for that-superb-we had a Dacia Duster for 5 years and 40k miles ish with absolutely no faults whatsoever; mind you a lot of it is Renault!

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Witter detachable, saves my shins, prevents dirt sticking to ball when not in use, looks better when not in use, for me, no question!

Reactions: DaveA1
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have the Witter demountable on the Shogun with the VSK electrics. More than happy with it, and its pulling a fairly heavy caravan. Highly rated, not so the minkie that fitted it. Very poor fitter, had to have somebody else look at it as he couldnt figure out that he had done wrong. Couldnt get power to the fridge and cut my fog lights to the car. (when caravan not attached).

As another option, I have had three towbars in the past from PCT at Sheffield and their fitting service is exceptional. Take a look at

I havent used their mobile service, but always had it done by PCT themselves at their head office. Very convenient as there is a tram stop a few hundred yards away to take you into Crystal Peaks.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have just bought a 2016 ford kuga 2L D which already has a westfalia detachable towbar. But it has no key !! Can replacement keys be purchased? If so where from. Also any advice on the best extension wing towing mirrors I should purchase ?

Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have just bought a 2016 ford kuga 2L D which already has a westfalia detachable towbar. But it has no key !! Can replacement keys be purchased? If so where from. Also any advice on the best extension wing towing mirrors I should purchase ?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

If it’s like my Witter it will have the key number stamped on the lock itself. Then a replacement can be obtained. Great security I know but it does help if you lose a key and haven’t a spare with you or haven’t kept details in the cloud or elsewhere.

Reactions: MarkS
Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
If it’s like my Witter it will have the key number stamped on the lock itself. Then a replacement can be obtained. Great security I know but it does help if you lose a key and haven’t a spare with you or haven’t kept details in the cloud or elsewhere.

Thank you.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi fellow Kuga owner, I've rece tly bought a 2016 plate but just wandering what does the. 2LD stand for

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Hows the car? Which one did you go for? Mines the 4x4 with powershift.
I like the car very much I went for a 2016 2WD with the 150 engine the is more suitable for my caravan than my Qashqai can't wait to get the caravan on the back what I do like about it is the firm ride I think Ford gave some thought about when they designed this car with it's towing capabilities,

Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
Sounds good. You purchased any towing mirrors? I'm thinking of some milenco aero mirrors, any thoughts.

We have a Bailey Pegasus Rimini 2017.

Mark

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Sounds good. You purchased any towing mirrors? I'm thinking of some milenco aero mirrors, any thoughts.

We have a Bailey Pegasus Rimini 2017.

Mark
When I go down to the caravan which is in storage I will try the mirrors on which I already have hopefully they will fit if not I will just have to buy a new pair,

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think this thread has gone rather off the subject and a new one is needed if the current subjects are to be discussed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts