Woosie Club

Page 20 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Sproket said:
Gagakev said:
Surfer said:
Depending on weather we may arrive on the Wed and leave on the Monday or even later if the site is really good. Are we having a communal braai (BBQ) on the Saturday or just a Jacobs table?
OK I will admit to being a thick Woosie can you tell me what a Jacobs Table is??????????????
Us Southerners are not use to this Northen Lingo
smiley-wink.gif

It is usually used in reference to a party where you take your own food.
smiley-surprised.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

images
Ralliers call a Jacobs Table an American Supper
When there is an American Supper the blokes set out the windbreaks, chairs and tables in the early evening at a mutually agreed location, if it's raining usually somebody's awning.
Everyone who is going takes some food, snack type food and sandwiches are the norm and there is an agreed spending limit, often around £1.50
Usually there is a veritable feast enjoyed by all, it's like the parable of the five loaves and three fishes come to life where Our Lord fed the five thousand, (but He didn't provide any alcohol which is up to the individual(s) to provide their own and not to scav off others
smiley-undecided.gif
)
The Jacobs table usually involves taking along attractively coloured food so that the table resembles Jacob's coat of many colours, if you happen to be looking at it through the prism of eight or nine cans of cheapo supermarket lager
beer.gif

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
hi all fellow and new woosies
what a week just got back from a week in truck logged on and 56 new posts you lot have been hard at it.Have booked poston mill only fri/sat nites though some of us have to work lol.
I did try to put my pic of me having a cuppa in woosie mug at cc new forest but as you can see it all went pete tong.
Hope all members are well and look forward meeting up again

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
kopite said:
hi all fellow and new woosies
what a week just got back from a week in truck logged on and 56 new posts you lot have been hard at it.Have booked poston mill only fri/sat nites though some of us have to work lol.
I did try to put my pic of me having a cuppa in woosie mug at cc new forest but as you can see it all went pete tong.
Hope all members are well and look forward meeting up again
Thought you had deserted us Sir Kopite glad you have booked well done look forward to seeing the family again (and you of course)

Interested fellow Knights so far;
King Dusty Booked Thur-Sun
Gagakev Booked Fri - Mon
Lady Mel Booked Fri - Mon
Sir Sprocket Booked Thurs - Sun
Sir Deli Dave Booked Thurs- Sun
Sir WC Booked Fri - Sun
Lady Di Booked Fri - Sun
Sir Stagger and Lady Marian Booked Thurs - Sun
Sir Kopite Booked Fri - Sat
Sir Mucky Pup Booked Thurs- Sun
Lightpole Man Booked Thurs - Sun

Well done to all the Woosies a full Round Table compliment.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
kopite said:
Wish the march weather was back
205.jpg
Brilliant!!
The last piece of the jigsaw so to speak. Look forward to seeing you at Poston Mill.
Who would have thought the ex managers of Swansea and Norwich could take on Liverpool and Aston Villa??
Could be a very exciting season.
BTW I like the Woosie Mug
smiley-cool.gif

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi Alan
hope all is well in the DD house.I think both clubs will improve on last season cant wait.
We are really looking forward to poston mill looks a nice site and the company`s not bad either.
218.jpg

you had better put those wheels back luke i`ve got my eye on you

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Whoopeee Sir Kopites on a roll now, nice piccys well done.
Kopite when you are inserting the photos after clicking on the tree and pasteing in the image URL box you will see a box a bit further down with dimensions to enlarge your photo's a bit put 500 X 400 in the boxes and you will see your picccys grow a bit bigger.
You can go a bit bigger if you wish but try that first. Parksy will tell you off if they are to big
smiley-laughing.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:
You can go a bit bigger if you wish but try that first. Parksy will tell you off if they are to big
smiley-laughing.gif
Now you know that I'm not like that, I'd just edit to make them a bit smaller using the same method that I've used to make some of them a bit bigger just after they were posted
smiley-wink.gif

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Sir WC Kopite

When you upload your photos to photobucket if you change the size !
Save them as 640 x 480 then they won't look pixilated
smiley-surprised.gif

You can always make them smaller in the URL setting.......
smiley-wink.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Martin24 said:
Must be pretty much just us not coming!!!
smiley-cry.gif
It won't be the same without us, you poor things!!
It won't be the same without us, you poor things!!
15.gif

More grub on the table for the rest of us
smiley-smile.gif

Other members of the Round Table not responded/unavailible;

Sir Rob T
Dame TC
Sir Chunky (Colin-yorkshire)
Sir Emmerson
Sir Gab (Gabsgrandad)

Sir Roger F (WM)

Sir Outnumbered WC (4;1)
Dame crazyguider.

How sad am I???

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Cheers DD and sprocket for your help much appreciated.If i had 2 sisters like that DD i would have never left home
Lets try another pic here goes
225.jpg

Here`s tammie on the school run monday morning after a weekend on the beer and curry

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi all
Thanks for the heads up DD, had left in wrapper as off on the weekend, but couldn't resist after saw your post lol
Very proad of them both and lovely photo, shame the write up is incorrect!! Said another dog was named as best puppy!! Sir walkalot not happy!!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Are you two reading the AUGUST copy already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cos I cant find it in the July one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And we are only in JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Are you two reading the AUGUST copy already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cos I cant find it in the July one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And we are only in JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look under the stamp
Look under the sink
This picture is not where you think
smiley-surprised.gif

It's PCv August mag page 43 top left hand corner.
Must be the snail mail to South Devon
smiley-laughing.gif

Sorry to say Kev they didn't publish your mugshot
smiley-cry.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts