Woosie Club

Page 22 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Surfer said:
Sir Stagger – Worcestershire
King Dusty - North Wiltshire / Gloucestershire border
Di & Andy - Somerset/Wiltshire border
Sir WC – SE Wales
Mel – Derbyshire
Sir Mucky Pup - North Wiltshire / Gloucestershire border
Sir Sproket - West Yorkshire
Sir Gab - N. Lincolnshire
Sir Outnumbered - E Yorks
smiley-cry.gif

Sir Chunky - also west yorkshire
Sir Kopite/Lady Top Trump - Central Bedfordshire
Sir Gagakev- South Devon
And its not sunny on the English Riviera
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Surfer said:
Central area at the moment seems to be Malvern / Cotswolds/ Herefordshire, but that could change.

So where's Poston Mill????????????

Sorry Sir Stagger just got a bit bored,started to read previous pages, I blame the weather.
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

Any way when are we having the Jacobs Table, American Supper or Woosie Tuck- in
Think the Saturday afternoon would be good as Sir Kopite is only able to do the weekend
Any one interested? what budget do we set per person?

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi All
Like the idea of Woosie Tuck-in!!! Sounds good! Happy to go with which ever and think it would be good idea to set a budget per person
Di

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Woosie Tuck In!! Brilliant idea. Lets do hot grub as well as cold. It will be October. My main concern is how to carry enough alcohol to keep Lightpole Hollow Legs Man topped up. The payload on my van is limited.
mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Another thought. Any one know if Poston Mill allows a fire pit. We could have a sing song.
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
Woosie Tuck In!! Brilliant idea. Lets do hot grub as well as cold. It will be October. My main concern is how to carry enough alcohol to keep Lightpole Hollow Legs Man topped up. The payload on my van is limited.
mel
As long as it's not a Vindaloo, all Woosie Pots would be on overtime
smiley-laughing.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
Another thought. Any one know if Poston Mill allows a fire pit. We could have a sing song.
mel
Taken from there rules and conditions

Campfires: are not permitted. Raised barbecues are allowed. The use of firearms and fireworks or the making of open fires
is not permitted.

Thank goodness for that---------------------------------------- I cant sing

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
"WOOSIE TUCK IN"

So we need to set a budget per person, the lightpole man in a previous post mentioned £1.50 per person but as we are to try for some hot stuff I personally feel this should go up a bit, what are your thoughts?
Dont think we include drink as I believe in tradition you take your own (but Kopite is bringing the Port--Ha ha)

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
kopite said:
thats fine Kev your not there to sing just play the banjo...........

Wow Kopite didnt expect to see you on here tonight, did you go to the GP today or are you just going tomorrow?

By the way I cant play the banjo either
smiley-frown.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Gagakev said:
"WOOSIE TUCK IN"

So we need to set a budget per person, the lightpole man in a previous post mentioned £1.50 per person but as we are to try for some hot stuff I personally feel this should go up a bit, what are your thoughts?
Dont think we include drink as I believe in tradition you take your own (but Kopite is bringing the Port--Ha ha)

Happy to go to £3-£5 per person. This would probably gives us an "all you eat" tuck in for a very reasonable amount of money. Bags doing a large pot of chilli and some garlic bread. Anyone veggie?
mel

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Only went today will watch the race in comfort tommorow at home.I saw the camp sites on way in and it was a complete mess there wasn`t a blade of grass to be seen.Then in Q3 the heavens opened and i was soaked wet through but at least i had a dry car to get into them poor sods had a wet tent or stuck unit.never mind the kettel`s on.
cant sing
cant play banjo
can you teach us the words to ging gang goolie then

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Mel said:
My main concern is how to carry enough alcohol to keep Lightpole Hollow Legs Man topped up. The payload on my van is limited.
I still have half a bottle of Irish Whiskey left over from Stowfalot, I could bring that for those who like it.

Pity CrazyGuider isn't coming - she could lead the camp fire singing! (I can't sing or play instruments either)

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
As stated in previous posts, unfortunately can't meet up with you guys (previous committments) but here's a little something for rehearsal to help you get word perfect. There will be no excuse then for anyone not knowing the words, difficult though it is!

Ging Gang Goolie
Heyla!
Ging gang goolie goolie goolie goolie watcha,
Ging gang goo, ging gang goo.
Hayla, hayla shayla, hayla shayla, shayla, oh-ho,
Hayla, hayla shayla, hayla shayla, shayla, oh.
Heyla!

Hayla, hayla shayla, hayla shayla, shayla, oh-ho,
Hayla, hayla shayla, hayla shayla, shayla, oh.

Ging gang goolie watcha
Ging gang goolie watcha
Ging gang goolie watcha
Ging gang goolie watcha
Ging gang goolie watcha
Ging gang goolie watcha
Ging gang goolie watcha
Ging gang goolie watcha

http://youtu.be/ngM35MRcvzU

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
.......... My main concern is how to carry enough alcohol to keep Lightpole Hollow Legs Man topped up. The payload on my van is limited.
mel
While I'm always happy to lighten your load don't worry Mel, we always have our own on board supply and I hardly ever drink before the sun (or what passes for the sun in this awful weather) is over the yardarm
smiley-cool.gif
beer.gif

We are happy to go along with any arrangements for food, price per person etc

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
While I'm always happy to lighten your load don't worry Mel, we always have our own on board supply and I hardly ever drink before the sun (or what passes for the sun in this awful weather) is over the yardarm
smiley-cool.gif
beer.gif

We are happy to go along with any arrangements for food, price per person etc
The Lightpole Man uses his onboard tank to carry his beer---how many gallons??????

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I and lady Villa are happy for a fiver each.
Do you think there is a chance of using the Barbie? Well it has got a lid and can cook quite a few sausages or burgers at the same time.
We may get an Indian summer in October
smiley-laughing.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:
The Lightpole Man uses his onboard tank to carry his beer---how many gallons??????
That seems like a good idea, draught beer straight from the tank
smiley-laughing.gif

Dustydog said:
.............We may get an Indian summer in October
smiley-laughing.gif
I'd be more than happy to settle for even a hint of a British one
smiley-frown.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
I and lady Villa are happy for a fiver each.
Do you think there is a chance of using the Barbie? Well it has got a lid and can cook quite a few sausages or burgers at the same time.
We may get an Indian summer in October
smiley-laughing.gif
A FIVER EACH Gee King Dusty are you gonna starve yourself until the Woosie meet
smiley-laughing.gif

I'm happy to go with it but do you think there could be a fair bit left over?
I mean with 11 vans @ £5.00 per head thats £110.00 worth of grub
Can I make a suggestion of say £2.50 per head for the the Woosie Tuck In Table and £1.50 per person for the BBq grub and as we have a few kiddy winks with us they eat free.

Now that brings me on to the BBq as you have volunteered to be the Woosie Chef you would have £33.00 to dish us up a feast fit for a king (good pun ehh)
smiley-wink.gif
dont forget the bread rolls though
smiley-smile.gif

The above is assumed that there will be a couple in each van

Think we should award you an extra knight(chef)hood for your efforts and you should become
King Dusty WC Chef (Bar)
6.gif

Woosie's please can you comment agree/disagree
many thanks

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Evening woosies
bbq sounds a great idea £5 a head should be plenty i`ll be more than happy to help out chefing i haven`t poisoned no one yet and there should be enough to cover the wine for the ladies and beer for the real woosies.
Does any woosie going have a heated awning
PS the port will make an appearance kev

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
kopite said:
Evening woosies bbq sounds a great idea £5 a head should be plenty i`ll be more than happy to help out chefing i haven`t poisoned no one yet and there should be enough to cover the wine for the ladies and beer for the real woosies. Does any woosie going have a heated awning PS the port will make an appearance kev

Think you must be on it tonight Sir Kopite the port that is
smiley-laughing.gif

£2,50 + £1.50 = £4.00 per head for the grub
Think it's general to take your own drinky poo's to this kind of bash.
some one tell me different if I'm wrong, I dont mind sharing honest-------
but drink Lady Gaga's Guinness at your peril
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just winding back a bit we should all think about what we would like to eat.

The BBQ is clearly subject to weather although between us all things like sausages , burgers etc should be managable.
Or do we do cold buffett style or do we follow Mel and all bring a pot of chilli, curry or whatever.
Can The Lightpole Man tell us what he has experienced at these tables apart from the real ale
smiley-wink.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
OK let me get this straight; We are spending £2.50 each on food that we will bring to the WTI (woosie tuck in) and then giving DD £1.50 in cash each to fund the BBQ. Is this right??
If so shall we do a list of food that we are each bringing so that we don't all turn up with chilli (or worse, quiche)

mel: chilli and garlic bread

mel

TRENDING THREADS