Woosie Club

Page 212 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
20170922_175942.jpg

Mud glorious MUD :angry:
Took 2 hours to take down the awning and remove the thick must from the skirts. Yuk
Heavy rain now.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
We DD, the last couple of weeks away have taken a toll, 4 up qt SW this morning, heavy cold now disapatting But E down with it now. Good luck on getting out. New Nokian Weatherproof tyres ordered , fitting next week.
That's a good result considering all our indulgences at the Woosiefest :whistle:
I love your UK Campsite post. Nice one. Mine will follow Monday.
I'll do SW next Friday.
Hope Elaine recovers. Hot toddy and rub Vicks on her chest :blush:

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Nurse Jenny says "I'm glad we didn't put the awning up".

I'm now going to remind her that the mud caked awning carpet is still in the boot of the car and needs a serious going over with the pressure washer. :silly:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dustydog said:
EH52ARH said:
We DD, the last couple of weeks away have taken a toll, 4 up qt SW this morning, heavy cold now disapatting But E down with it now. Good luck on getting out. New Nokian Weatherproof tyres ordered , fitting next week.
That's a good result considering all our indulgences at the Woosiefest :whistle:
I'll do SW next Friday.

I will need a lot of "Vick", Hot curry tonight, but it tasted bland, see what the morning brings. :sick:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Dustydog said:
EH52ARH said:
I'll do SW next Friday.

I will need a lot of "Vick", Hot curry tonight, but it tasted bland, see what the morning brings. :sick:
Ouch :kiss:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Martin24 said:
Nurse Jenny says "I'm glad we didn't put the awning up".

I'm now going to remind her that the mud caked awning carpet is still in the boot of the car and needs a serious going over with the pressure washer. :silly:

Mines out in the back garden along with the cushy tiles ready for the attack tomorrow.

Been putting Mr Fleety to bed today and winterising him, by the time I emptied him and cleaned the muck up inside it took most of the day, still got to wash + polish him tomorrow along with the tiles and carpet. :(

EDIT; Heaven in Devon with the sun shining all day today and tomorrow :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The last two hours have been like Piccadilly Circus. Caravans arriving by the minute in the dark!
Kev's and Martin's pitches have been snapped up. Shame for the ones putting up awnings in the dark :p :p

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Would I be right in saying that we won't be using this site again for a gathering?

We could mount a take over bid of course and run it properly. We could rename it the Woosie Kingdom.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Why blame the site, but to leave a pitch in that condition because you want to put up an awning and use a ground sheet is a disgrace, if I was directed to that pitch after you have left it in that state I would refuse,

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Camel
I removed your previous comment.
Please read and understand the rules of this forum which can be found in Forum Etiquette, most especially Rule 1 which states that :

'You may not transmit any material that is abusive, threatening, obscene, or sexually explicit.'
and Rule 3 which states that:
'You may not transmit material that discloses personal matters concerning any person or that is defamatory

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Thank you Parksy I have read the comments on my email.

The point is we were all put in the mud when we arrived. The pitches had not been used with breathable groundsheets prior to our arrival. We had to put a groundsheet, which I might add was breathable, to stop my wheelchair getting stuck. The pitch should be in a useable condition when people arrive. It was not. It looked very much as if it had been used as a seasonal pitch. The site in this respect and where we were put on it is to blame.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I don't like to create much fuss in public, but we try to keep the forum as a nice friendly internet resource. ;)
We experienced something similar with a worn out pitch at South Lychett Manor, Martin.
They obviously had a busy season but the awning part of our pitch was a patch of soil, there was no grass remaining.
I took my awning down before the really heavy rain set in, and the pitch drained well so we didn't complain.
If I'd properly thought it through I'd have booked a hard standing.
I bought an Isabella Magnum porch awning after trying several lightweight type awnings which have mostly failed, and it's the best awning we ever bought so I wouldn't have liked it to become muddy. :)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Martin
Camel actually had a go at us guys for using a ground sheet. He wasn't there nor does he know what we all used. He blames us for the mud Not the site.
I have to support Parksy here who I suspect already knew this site could be muddy. :S :)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Martin
Camel actually had a go at us guys for using a ground sheet. He wasn't there nor does he know what we all used. He blames us for the mud Not the site.
I have to support Parksy here who I suspect already knew this site could be muddy. :S :)
Thanks DD
The last time that we visited that site the ground was dry, but it was back when we used to have summer weather. :lol:
It's a very popular site though so, perhaps some of the pitches need a rest for a while.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Woosie Confession time...
Although my membership of the Woosie Club is on an honorary basis due to the moddying requirements of impartiality, never let it be said that I fail to adhere to the finest traditions of the Woosies.
I bought a Kampa Rally pro porch awning which I'm sure was advertised as an air awning, it was a bargain and I remember adding a post on the forum about it.
Because of family commitments we were a little bit late in using the caravan for the first time this year, and for our first couple of trips we didn't need the awning so it remained in it's box in the garage, I'd almost forgotten about it to be honest.
We went to Polmanter in St Ives for a fortnight in June so I took the awning, but it turned out not to be the air awning but it's normal pole counterpart.
Undaunted, because I'd still made a decent saving, I erected this awning but during our stay St Ives was hit by Atlantic storms, with gale force winds and torrential rain.
The awning was manufactured using the nylon ripstop material that is lightweight, and unfortunately the wind ripped the awning along the rail beading, the rain bent several poles and I ended up binning it in disgust.
The time gap from when we bought the awning meant that it was a bit too late to complain, I should have tried it out earlier and I was sick of the whole thing, especially the bad weather.
I saw a really nice used Isabella Magnum porch advertised so I bought it, it's a lovely example with carbon poles, midnight blue and cream and there were extras such as new non standard curtains, brand new plastic pegs, a breathable groundsheet and loads of bits and bobs in several bags carefully packed by the previous owner who had really looked after this awning.
Our annual visit to the Twinwood Festival over the August Bank Holiday looked like a good time to try it out, so myself and Stephen (yep, another one!), the old guy in his motorhome who we've pitched next to for the past ten years out of the fourteen that we've been, emptied the poles bag, threaded the awning through the rail and scratched our heads wondering how the poles went.
There seemed a lot of poles of differing lengths, Stephen has a very broad Yorkshire accent and mine is true Black Country so a passing stranger could have been forgiven for thinking that we were foreign, or maybe Martian, as we did our best to communicate with each other (beer usually helps :lol: ) to put the poles up properly
Eventually after much muttering of curses and scratching of heads we managed to put the awning up, and even though I say so myself it looked fantastic!
My Twinwood buddy Stephen wandered off to have his dinner, and I thought that before my hard earned cup of coffee I'd put the new carefully folded and packaged curtains up to add the finishing touch.
The wife of the man who sold the Izzy had taken some time and trouble to iron and to fold these curtains and when I lifted the top one from it's package and shook it, a booklet dropped to the floor....
The awning instructions! :lol: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1QW85kfakJc#[/video]

Knew you would give us your sense of humor at some stage Sir Gafferbill thanks for posting this....really funny :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wish you put it on earlier, we have all three grandkids tonight, would have sent them to sleep earlier :lol: :lol:

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
That's one of the songs that makes me cry for some reason :(

Parksy, once the poles are colour coded I have every confidence that you will find it the best thing since home made bread. We've tried the lightweight ones, in fact pretty much everything apart from air, the Magnum is the easiest and best bit of kit ever. Welcome to the fold. :cheer:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Martin.
I've put the awning up since and as you say, it's the easiest that I've ever had. I never told my mate at the festival that I found the instructions after we'd figured out how the poles went.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts