Woosie Club

Page 213 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Parky,
Not a problem with deleting my post, I don't mean to offend anyone by my post, I just don't like to see pitches left in that that even before Dusty arrived there, so if the owners of the site want to abuse their site by greed let them get on with it, in the past sites have been on the site owner will tell you not to pitch up there, so sorry Dusty no offence (I hope), :)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
camel said:
Parky,
Not a problem with deleting my post, I don't mean to offend anyone by my post, I just don't like to see pitches left in that that even before Dusty arrived there, so if the owners of the site want to abuse their site by greed let them get on with it, in the past sites have been on the site owner will tell you not to pitch up there, so sorry Dusty no offence (I hope), :)
No problem Camel. Sometimes the fingers don't do what the brain says :p ;) Keep posting and maybe you will get to the next Woosiefest :)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Martin24 said:
That's one of the songs that makes me cry for some reason :(

Parksy, once the poles are colour coded I have every confidence that you will find it the best thing since home made bread. We've tried the lightweight ones, in fact pretty much everything apart from air, the Magnum is the easiest and best bit of kit ever. Welcome to the fold. :cheer:
Steve.
My Izzy Magnum is 8 years old and is the best ever. The Carbon X poles are mega strong. I will throw down the gauntlet and say I can erect the Izzy with my
eyes shut B) The Izzy has withstood heavy storms with no issues and no condensation. Just use the internal Izzy storm straps.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Sir Dustydog why are you not out cleaning your van???? Assume you are home now??
Taken me two days and still only polished the roof.......................then the heavens opened :(

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Sir Dustydog why are you not out cleaning your van???? Assume you are home now??
Taken me two days and still only polished the roof.......................then the heavens opened :(
Kev.
She's on the drive awaiting a very deep clean. The breathable ground sheet has been suffocated with mud. Mr Karcher will be working hard this week ;)

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Gagakev said:
Kev.
She's on the drive awaiting a very deep clean. The breathable ground sheet has been suffocated with mud. Mr Karcher will be working hard this week ;)

Be prepared to blast the ground sheet 3 times :( :(
Hang it up, blast it one side and the mud is that thick it just sticks to the other side, then turn it over and blast again!!
Then finally turn over again and by this time you should have managed to break the mud down,good luck.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Ours are all blasted dried and bagged ready for away next week,
Camel. Just for info. We were all pitched on ready muddy pitches as you might now know. I hate to think how the new people turning up after us would feel as DD said , in the dark, onto really bad pitches. . I dont think the site threw much care into pitching. But enough from myself. :angry:

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeh! - didn't really understand it when we were sited, the awning area was already a muddy mess no grass! Seeing as they didn't have marked/numbered pitches it wouldn't have taken much imagination to park the van over the affected areas, and the awnings on grass! But the 'guy' who sited us was adamant where he wanted us so we had no option but to cover the mud with a none breathable groundsheet, you can't kill 'no grass'. and certainly wasn't 'paddling on mud for a week. Groundsheet put into dustbin bag for transporting laid on the lawn for washing increased lawn height by a bit! On a site now without groundsheet {on grass} so it shows with a bit of thought and management even at this end of the season grass can be preserved and maintained to an acceptable standard!

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Sir Were-Rabbit.

Sorry I'm in a bit of a naughty mood today. You've just got to listen to the first few minutes of Car File Season 1 Ep 5 on YouTube :evil:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
The Rainmaster at work Monday [18th Sept] evening at the Woosiefest

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baLK_q9PGOM&feature=em-upload_owner[/video]

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Latest pictures arrived today and I'm pleased to say the new car now has a floor, trimmed sides and reconstructed dash board. Looking much better. Lift is being fitted today. :cheer: Getting just a little bit excited now even though another month or so to go before it's ready

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Martin24 said:
Latest pictures arrived today and I'm pleased to say the new car now has a floor, trimmed sides and reconstructed dash board. Looking much better. Lift is being fitted today. :cheer: Getting just a little bit excited now even though another month or so to go before it's ready

Christmas will be boring this year then.........................present arrived in October B)
Trouble is I reackon Nurse Jenny will over rule you and she will be the first to drive it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
All is forgiven Nurse Jenny, you can have first drive of the new car and you are far far far too young to be a matron. There we go full on line grovel. Now Kev please stop doing the rain dance. I am as ever Jenny's most humble servant.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Just looking through a few old pics, came across this from 1982, just to show the 'Woosies' I've been a king before! The 1st. picture is of the winning tug of war team at the CC National Rally at Sandringham in 1982. The 1st pic shows the winning team with the next training session in front!
And the second shows "The Effort". needed.

Sandringham_1982.jpg

Tug_of_war.jpg

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I'm impressed B)
Not only did you have a moustache but you drank Kestrel lager and Courage light ale. Shame on you :evil: Better beers up north :whistle:

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
1982, Thank you it's brought back many happy memories from primary school and one of my favourite 'vans. We had the Mustang Arabian GTS at the time. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts