Woosie Club

Page 228 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Well folks the Rainmaster decided not to go away this bank holiday, first one missed in about 10 years :(

But look on the bright side,........... I treated you all to glorious sunshine, well unless you were in Cornwall, son and his family were camping, and cloudy and cold all weekend, he took his jumper off when he reached Devon.

Here you go Gafferbill Maggie's doing OK

IMG_20180505_185131672.jpg

IMG_20180505_185136434.jpg

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
See what happens when Kev stays home; the UK is bathed in sunshine and record temperatures. Thank you for your kindness, O bringer of rain; had a lovely weekend in N. Wales. The sun even shone there ; such is your power. ( Still hope you can get to the Woosie fest though)
Nice flowers.

Mel

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
............Here you go Gafferbill Maggie's doing OK

IMG_20180505_185131672.jpg

IMG_20180505_185136434.jpg

Maggie's doing more than OK.......obviously being following Eric's advice :)

I see she does not trust you with the mower........she has planted behind barricades :lol:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Most of us have met Sir Deli Dave and Lady Linda, and as many will know, Lady Linda passed away on the morning of 27th April 2018 after a long brave struggle with a serious illness.
Carole and I went to Lady Linda's funeral to say a last goodbye to her, staying the night before at the Holiday Inn Express just off Jn 15 M1.
We met Sir Gagakev and his lovely wife Mags, also there to say goodbye to Linda. I contacted Sir Dustydog to let him know how everything went, and he suggested that I copy what I had written for all Woosies to see, this is the first real chance I've had to post it since Friday, so here goes....
We met up with Kevin and Mags on Thursday at the hotel where we were all staying, and we enjoyed a lovely meal and a few drinks together at an old pub, The Wooden Walls of Old England in Colingtree which Kevin had researched and which was really nice.
En route to Linda’s funeral we had a couple of sat-nav induced ‘diversions’ not of our making and contradictory to what we ourselves had found, so we arrived at the crematorium just before Linda was being driven in for her final goodbye.
The crematorium chapel was packed, standing room only and not surprisingly a really good turn out.
Linda was solemnly borne in by relatives in a white wickerwork coffin decorated with flowers, and the service was non religious, but very moving nonetheless. The charming lady who officiated mentioned various episodes from the life of Linda including how she met Dave as a young lady, Linda's sense of humour and happy demeanour and the music also reflected happy times in life of Linda and Dave.
Linda had asked for mourners to remember the good times, of which there were many, and for black not to be worn, so those who came to say goodbye were in coloured splendour rather than the usual monochrome funeral drab.
Typical of Linda, she asked that each of us take a bunch of flowers, which were displayed as normal, but for everyone to choose a different bunch to take home and to enjoy whilst thinking of her, an excellent idea.
Dave bore the ordeal very nobly and with great dignity, surrounded by his family and friends.
We all went to Linda’s wake at the last public house she’d ever visited which was very fitting, a charming old hostelry called the White Horse, and at least one hundred of us were served delicious and generous portions of fish and chips.
Dave very bravely made time to speak to everyone at their various tables, he told me that he’s hoping to try to continue with his caravanning because Linda would definitely not have wanted him to give up.
We often met Linda and Dave for the annual Twinwood festival and they had the tickets for this year, where we were very much looking forward to seeing them.
Dave has said that he still intends to join us and his son and his son’s partner will be coming with him which will be a great help and support for Dave, who also hopes to come to Woosiefest in Lincolnshire.
Stewart Pickersgill (Sir Roger F. Fortescue-Smythe) came to say hello and has said that he’ll keep a friendly and fraternal eye on Dave, and we’ll also stay in touch with him and will take a ride down the M6 to meet with him for a meal and a chat if he feels like company.
Dave is facing a tough uphill struggle, Of course, all of his family and friends will do their best to support him and each other, and of course if Dave needs a break in the caravan there are Woosies in all parts of the country who I’m sure would be very happy to see him.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Parksy said:
Most of us have met Sir Deli Dave and Lady Linda, and as many will know, Lady Linda passed away on the morning of 27th April 2018 after a long brave struggle with a serious illness.
Carole and I went to Lady Linda's funeral to say a last goodbye to her, staying the night before at the Holiday Inn Express just off Jn 15 M1.
We met Sir Gagakev and his lovely wife Mags, also there to say goodbye to Linda. I contacted Sir Dustydog to let him know how everything went, and he suggested that I copy what I had written for all Woosies to see, this is the first real chance I've had to post it since Friday, so here goes....
We met up with Kevin and Mags on Thursday at the hotel where we were all staying, and we enjoyed a lovely meal and a few drinks together at an old pub, The Wooden Walls of Old England in Colingtree which Kevin had researched and which was really nice.
En route to Linda’s funeral we had a couple of sat-nav induced ‘diversions’ not of our making and contradictory to what we ourselves had found, so we arrived at the crematorium just before Linda was being driven in for her final goodbye.
The crematorium chapel was packed, standing room only and not surprisingly a really good turn out.
Linda was solemnly borne in by relatives in a white wickerwork coffin decorated with flowers, and the service was non religious, but very moving nonetheless. The charming lady who officiated mentioned various episodes from the life of Linda including how she met Dave as a young lady, Linda's sense of humour and happy demeanour and the music also reflected happy times in life of Linda and Dave.
Linda had asked for mourners to remember the good times, of which there were many, and for black not to be worn, so those who came to say goodbye were in coloured splendour rather than the usual monochrome funeral drab.
Typical of Linda, she asked that each of us take a bunch of flowers, which were displayed as normal, but for everyone to choose a different bunch to take home and to enjoy whilst thinking of her, an excellent idea.
Dave bore the ordeal very nobly and with great dignity, surrounded by his family and friends.
We all went to Linda’s wake at the last public house she’d ever visited which was very fitting, a charming old hostelry called the White Horse, and at least one hundred of us were served delicious and generous portions of fish and chips.
Dave very bravely made time to speak to everyone at their various tables, he told me that he’s hoping to try to continue with his caravanning because Linda would definitely not have wanted him to give up.
We often met Linda and Dave for the annual Twinwood festival and they had the tickets for this year, where we were very much looking forward to seeing them.
Dave has said that he still intends to join us and his son and his son’s partner will be coming with him which will be a great help and support for Dave, who also hopes to come to Woosiefest in Lincolnshire.
Stewart Pickersgill (Sir Roger F. Fortescue-Smythe) came to say hello and has said that he’ll keep a friendly and fraternal eye on Dave, and we’ll also stay in touch with him and will take a ride down the M6 to meet with him for a meal and a chat if he feels like company.
Dave is facing a tough uphill struggle, Of course, all of his family and friends will do their best to support him and each other, and of course if Dave needs a break in the caravan there are Woosies in all parts of the country who I’m sure would be very happy to see him.
Many thanks to Parksy,Carole, Kev and Mags and Sir Roger for their efforts at this very sad time.
All the Woosies will look forward to seeing Dave at the next Woosiefest xxx

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
It is hard to move on with this thread after our recent sadnesses. Banter, at this point, is not the way forward. But keep going we must.
Can I suggest we have a look forward to the Woosiefest. There will be a communal meal, I'm sure, but perhaps we can plan some time for an especially poignant raise of glasses to our absent friends.
Any thoughts about our plans folks.
Mel

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
It is hard to move on with this thread after our recent sadnesses. Banter, at this point, is not the way forward. But keep going we must.
Can I suggest we have a look forward to the Woosiefest. There will be a communal meal, I'm sure, but perhaps we can plan some time for an especially poignant raise of glasses to our absent friends.
Any thoughts about our plans folks.
Mel
I quite agree, we've lost two lovely people but it would be a real shame to let this long running thread lie dormant for too long and it's not what our friends would have wanted.
I introduced an element of sadness, so I'll try to start the ball rolling with a question.
I love the idea of visiting Lincolnshire, with it's big skies, evocative wartime airfields and good roads, but Carole had expressed some reservations because the things that I mentioned hold little interest for her and she hated Skegness when we went there years ago.
Don't get me wrong, we're coming to Woosiefest no matter what, so give me some good points to convince Carole that Lincolnshire is a fantastic place to visit. Pleaassse :lol:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Parksy, Mrs Hutch, is looking forward to meeting up with everyone again, the first Woosie fest she was apprehensive, but is even willing to go to Linconshire , It will be lovely to get together again.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Quote " so give me some good points to convince Carole that Lincolnshire is a fantastic place to visit. Pleaassse "

They grow really nice potatoes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,does that help?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
Quote " so give me some good points to convince Carole that Lincolnshire is a fantastic place to visit. Pleaassse "

They grow really nice potatoes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,does that help?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Got to start somewhere I suppose Damian :lol:

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Not a Woosie but if you have time a day spent in old Lincoln is a day well spent. Cathedral, old streets, castle and some super eateries. Alternatively try Ingoldmells, then the lady will revise her views in Skegness. :)

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
We are very much looking forward to WoosieFest. We were in Lincoln (eldest peep at Uni there) and motored on down to the athletics stadium for youngest peep's county championships on Sunday...... The roads were quiet. Possibly because no one really sees the point of Lincolnshire beyond cheap housing and cheap second hand cars. :evil: :whistle: :cheer:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
And Martin my boy how about all the Woosies like me who will bore you to death :woohoo:
I think Lincoln Green is the colour. Bags I’m Robin Hood. Who’s Maid Marion :evil: :kiss:

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I hope a non Woosie can reply to the Woosies, I just live over the border from Lincolnshire and the Yellowbellies do not like a couple of things , 1, Don't call the RAF, and , 2, Don't call Bomber Command.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
How about antiques, vintage shops and markets. Lots of those.
Mel
I have to say that Carole likes shopping and browsing around shops, but that means that I'm either trolley pushing / bag carrying or parked outside bored stiff.
Lincoln and the cathedral might be a good bet though and we went to Ingoldmells and St Leonards when we visited Skeggy and she was ok with the smaller quieter places.
There's always afternoon tea at the Petwood Hotel, Woodhall Spa I suppose, and I might sneak a look at the room there at the hotel that was the officers mess for 617 sqdn at the time of the famous dams raid.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Dustydog said:
Gagakev said:
Dustydog said:
Gafferbill said:
.........I've heard they have good tea parties in Boston.
Where’s the beer :p

Thought you were on the Spritzers Sir Dusty :whistle: :p
From tomorrow Kev the next six weeks are lime and soda and back to friday’s Fat Club. :(

Two weeks running and a £ down each week.

You both run :woohoo: :S :silly: :lol: :unsure:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
camel said:
I hope a non Woosie can reply to the Woosies, I just live over the border from Lincolnshire and the Yellowbellies do not like a couple of things , 1, Don't call the RAF, and , 2, Don't call Bomber Command.

Come on over it' s a good faces to names.. last week The Lancaster came over our caravan site at Houghton Mill , at about 500 ft.

TRENDING THREADS