Woosie Club

Page 229 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Could have a 'taxi' here only 20 miles from Woosiefest, - http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/lancaster-taxy-rides/
Not cheap though! (£325.00)
Picture of the 'King' in front of it! (A year or 2 back)

DSC_0461.jpg

The largest Bomber Command museum in the country!

Relive A World War Two Bomber Airfield Here At East Kirkby.
Experience The Sights And Sounds, Smells and Atmosphere of a bomber airfield.
The only place in the country to see a Lancaster Bomber on an original wartime airfield, and ride in it! (pre book only). Including, original Control Tower, welcoming NAAFI and an emotionally evocative Memorial Chapel containing the 848 names of personnel who gave their lives from this airfield.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I read somewhere that the brothers who own the aircraft were hoping to obtain a certificate of airworthiness for it.
I know that I'd really enjoy a ride to East Kirkby to see 'Just Jane' and to look around the museum, but unfortunately that's exactly the opposite of what Carole would enjoy :(

I'll save that one for a day trip from home with one of my sons :lol:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Parksy, When we were down in Devices once, took a run over to Yeovil to the Fleet Air Arm museum, Not Elaine's thing but when she saw so many of the old aircraft that I worked on she was very interested in the end . Maybe the slap up dinner on the way home was something to do with it though.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Parksy, When we were down in Devices once, took a run over to Yeovil to the Fleet Air Arm museum, Not Elaine's thing but when she saw so many of the old aircraft that I worked on she was very interested in the end . Maybe the slap up dinner on the way home was something to do with it though.
Done that at the Cosford Aerospace Museum which isn't far from us, it went down like the proverbial lead balloon. :unsure:
I save the blokey stuff for when I'm out and about with one or the other of my three sons, Most of the things that we like are within reach for day trips via the motorway network.
It's a much trickier proposition as far as Carole is concerned.
I'm hoping to convince Herself that Lincolnshire is a cradle of art and culture, a very worthy destination that will render her breathless with excitement at the prospect of our arrival to that fair county. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
You're not wrong Parksy! ;) :lol:.. Actually at Woosiethorpe hall for a couple of nights from this Wednesday then behind here for a couple of nights meeting up for meal and drinks with some motorcycling pals.
Capture.jpg

Hard life! (Candlesby)

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
As a non woosie can i ask Dusty a question on the current Lincolnshire topic. We are going up to Coningsby in a couple of weeks, and as Dusty lives in our neck of the woods i have been pondering the best route. I have never been that way before and can't see an obvious route from sunny Wiltshire.

Steve

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
You're not wrong Parksy! ;) :lol:.. Actually at Woosiethorpe hall for a couple of nights from this Wednesday then behind here for a couple of nights meeting up for meal and drinks with some motorcycling pals.
Capture.jpg

Hard life! (Candlesby)

I bet you even carry the motorbike in the van :lol: :lol:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Gabsgrandad said:
Capture.jpg

Hard life! (Candlesby)

I bet you even carry the motorbike in the van :lol: :lol:

Only if he gets to a woosie fest.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
thedoog1 said:
As a non woosie can i ask Dusty a question on the current Lincolnshire topic. We are going up to Coningsby in a couple of weeks, and as Dusty lives in our neck of the woods i have been pondering the best route. I have never been that way before and can't see an obvious route from sunny Wiltshire.

Steve
Hi Steve,
From Cricklade we go on the A419 to J 11a for M5. Then M42, A42. Join M1. At J 21A join the A46. At Newark take the A17 all the way to Coningsby.
You use the old Fosse way from Cirencester up through Coventry. However the road is very poor, has a high accident rate and very steep hills and is slow. Not for me.
Enjoy your trip
DD B)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’ve taken the A429 Fosse from Wiltshire via Cirencester. As Dusty says there are a couple of good hills the one near Northleach is in a 40 mph zone and not too long, and at Fosse Bridge it too is 40 mph but two lanes in the upwards direction. Any well matched outfit shouldn’t have an problem with the hills.
I leave the Fosse at Halfords heading towards Warwick and Coventry then pretty well as per Dusty’s directions.
I travel that route solo too to see relatives in Coventry and Leicester and don’t consider it any more accident prone than other roads, although the section of Fosse north of Halford to High Cross on the A5 is popular stomping ground for weekend motorcyclists. Nice CL near High Cross too.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
otherclive said:
thedoog1 said:
Thanks Dusty, when you say m42 then a42 where are you joining the M1.

A bit south of the Derby area.
J23A by East Midlands Airport. Easy

Is the A42 still dual carriageway with no hard shoulders? I used to use it when I travelled to Derby and solo it was a grind behind the HGV who tended to run in parallel for miles. If there was a breakdown or hold up it just locked up solid. Although around Ashby de la Zouch there were HGV overtaking restrictions being trialled. An alternative is Coventry, M69 to Leicester then M1 north. A little bit longer but three lanes and hard shoulder all the way.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
otherclive said:
Dustydog said:
otherclive said:
thedoog1 said:
Thanks Dusty, when you say m42 then a42 where are you joining the M1.

A bit south of the Derby area.
J23A by East Midlands Airport. Easy

Is the A42 still dual carriageway with no hard shoulders? I used to use it when I travelled to Derby and solo it was a grind behind the HGV who tended to run in parallel for miles. If there was a breakdown or hold up it just locked up solid. Although around Ashby de la Zouch there were HGV overtaking restrictions being trialled. An alternative is Coventry, M69 to Leicester then M1 north. A little bit longer but three lanes and hard shoulder all the way.
A good alternative. However I spent a year travelling to Nottingham via the A42 weekly a few years ago. Not too much of an HGV issue but no hard shoulder as such.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Well we are at Woosiefest Hall for a couple of nights, (pitch 42 -- Hutch's) had a superb meal in Woodies Bar last night with a couple of friends and a 'drop', (not just saying that -- it was good, - beer from a local brewery, Batemans, - Ps they do brewery tours so you could always organise a trip to a brewery or something like that!) Got touring site nearly to ourselves, (Must of heard we were coming!) We had 1 or 2 things to sort - now sorted. So those of you Woosies or would be Woosies stop hanging back and get on board. Still space to book.
DSC05272.jpg

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
A really huge thank you to Kev. On behalf of nursie and me would would like to thank you so very much for staying home this weekend. The Sun here at Putts Corner is glorious this morning :evil:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Martin24 said:
A really huge thank you to Kev. On behalf of nursie and me would would like to thank you so very much for staying home this weekend. The Sun here at Putts Corner is glorious this morning :evil:

Glad to be of assistance :(
Mind you it wont last !! Lady Gaga is giving me a right old ear bashing nearly 6 months into the year and we havent been away yet, so be warned rain is due in the very near future.
Putts Corner, you could have popped in for a cuppa and nursie could have had the wine :evil:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Martin24 said:

Mind you it wont last !! Lady Gaga is giving me a right old ear bashing nearly 6 months into the year and we havent been away yet, so be warned rain is due in the very near future.
Putts Corner, you could have popped in for a cuppa and nursie could have had the wine :evil:
Not the Buckfast Woosie juice :p :p
Kev,
Are you ok mate :eek:hmy: six months and not a night in Mr Fleety :woohoo:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Gagakev said:
Martin24 said:

Kev,

Nearly 9 months !!! Last time away was Woosiefest at Muddyfields sorry Stratford :evil:
You know what its like Dusty getting new firm off the ground, did have the day off today though :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Dustydog said:
Gagakev said:
Martin24 said:

Kev,

Nearly 9 months !!! Last time away was Woosiefest at Muddyfields sorry Stratford :evil:
You know what its like Dusty getting new firm off the ground, did have the day off today though :)

Good one Kev on the Business, climbing to new heights or are you stuck to the desk. Whichever good luck mate.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
That's it Kev 'keep working' -- helps to keep us 'geriatrics' in the style we're accustomed to. ---- Ps Kev, - hope it goes well for you mate and we soon see you on the road again. (All work and no play 'll make Kev a dull boy!)

image.jpg

TRENDING THREADS