Woosie Club

Page 269 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Thingy said:
Anseo, Laphroaig is my tipple of choice. Bunahabhain a good second.

Not an Islay of course but an eldetly Glenmorangie from a port cask is quite decent too.

As for the Jacobs table, i only asked as i am concerned for your welfare.
If you remember 'Cant cook, wont cook', my wife is 'shouldnt cook'.

Bunahabhain, (below or foot of the river) this has been on my wish list for some time, I have not had the pleasure yet..

As for cooking skills, purchased delicacies can be oh- so- good, so no worrries or kitchen mess to deal with ;)

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think I will bring a bottle of Islay Malt to the table and hopefully a special chicken congee (arrozcaldo variant) infused generously with saffron.

Sorry to ask, but are you till speaking English. Put me down for Turkey Twizzlers. Had them at a wedding recently, lovely bride in a white tracksuit.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thingy said:
I think I will bring a bottle of Islay Malt to the table and hopefully a special chicken congee (arrozcaldo variant) infused generously with saffron.

Sorry to ask, but are you till speaking English. Put me down for Turkey Twizzlers. Had them at a wedding recently, lovely bride in a white tracksuit.

OMG :woohoo:
Not more pure single Malts. Lagavulin or Ledaig or Laphroaig for sheer smoky pettiness. Glenmorangie or MacAllan for a smooth Speyside. I’ll think on it.
Thingy, is your chicken plucked for this congee :whistle:

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Thingy said:

Turkey Twizzlers - bride in white track suit :sick: :sick: :sick:

My appetite for fine things has just taken a bruising :blink:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
550 ??? -- Only ½ an engine? (Hutch -- you can do kitchens etc. manyana!) Or the 'English' equivalent -- never do today what you can put off 'til tomorrow!
Old-banger-Copy.jpg

Taking E to look at paint tomorrow, think its going to be a BMW 650 R due to saddle height.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
crazyguider said:
hope you all have a amazing time!
I'll be at home with the new fur baby - Mitchell the Rescue Lurcher.

CG, hows the new one coming on,

Who has to keep up, corrected, myself. :woohoo:

Two dogs going home tomorrow last visiting dog goes home Thursday, windows wide open, , place is really doggy, love them to bits but thank goodness it summer. Family owe us lots.
1/2 down. :kiss:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Icaru5 and Thingy, you will have someone to say hello when you arrive to annoy you and take pictures of bad reversing and Putting up awnings if you are doing them. . Looking forwards to meeting new folk and putting names to faces. Its just a bit of fun for folk and not a Rally.
Hutch.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......on a rally at Newbury with a few others!!!
Two entertainment marquees with 60's music acts all weekend. ....4 night inclusive for £53.
Can't beat a good rally. ....no EHU so saving the world as well :whistle:
20190518-192935.jpg

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
.......on a rally at Newbury with a few others!!!
Two entertainment marquees with 60's music acts all weekend. ....4 night inclusive for £53.
Can't beat a good rally. ....no EHU so saving the world as well :whistle:
20190518-192935.jpg
Sounds a real gas Bill ;)

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
September 2019 Woosie Fest
Elm Cottage Touring Park

With reference to my earlier post suggesting some sort of agenda for the meet, including a "Pizza evening at which we all can meet and greet each other it has been decided by the King or should I say King designated fest organizer, that there will be no "organised Pizza evening" on the Friday of our meet.

When I posted the proposed agenda in an earlier post with tantalizing pictures of fresh pizza's and the oven, they (organizers) were hoping to get access to the Rally Barn, even if only sharing it with a pre booked Scooter group that had booked it long ago, but that fell through, so as things stand now it seems "there is no appetite" (excuse the pun) for the Pizza evening.

I hasten to add, that does not change Elm Cottage's position, if enough people at the park in general want Pizza's they will still fire up the oven.

Please be aware, I am not the organizer, rather due to my closeness to the venue have been asked to do certain research and feed it back to Dustydog and co. Any ideas or questions or comments should be directed their way!

I for one don't mind a fresh fire baked Pizza along with a glass of wine and casual chat with fellow caravanners.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Grey,
Your graphics are great. Well done mate.
As I understand it the Scooter lot will not share the Barn with us Friday. Many of us have a long way to travel so arrivals times vary considerably. We have to set up and that takes time. Meet and greet as we arrive is par for the course. The site does pizza but they have to be pre ordered?
So it may difficult to order if we don’t know where arrive. Isn’t there a minimum order too?
I was looking at the Elm Cottage web site and cannot see the pizza menu page. Help!

Many thanks for checking everything out . Good job. Hard work as we all know.

I think nearer the time it will be very useful if you will kindly remind us all about the Saturday night Woosie Fest at the Red Lion including the menu and when we need to order.

And don’t forget you promised us a Quiz :cheer:

Grey ,we will all muck in.
Meanwhile the past Woosies are working on who the heir apparent will be. We have a numbe4vof things to organise behind the scenes soyour help up front really does help us all. Many thanks.

Come on the PCv editorial staff. Come and do some testing on new models and combine it with the Woosies :cheer: :cheer: ;) :cheer:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dustydog said:
C ome on the PCv editorial staff. Come and do some testing on new models and combine it with the Woosies :cheer: :cheer: ;) :cheer:

Yes that would be nice, do peice on the Woosies, for the Magazine, PR work. Piccys of the caravans etc, and have a paid holiday at PCv's expense.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Grey I am sure with the size of the site that the Pizzas,( Flat bread with cheese and tomatoes, topped with Chorizio , ham , and pepper, spicy sauce, etc, ) disgusting, :p . maybe an apple and a piece of cheese.
That the pIzza oven will be cooking well into the evening, we are not the only folk on tthe caravan /camping site. Lets hope it all goes well for us, , always a worry. Until you know the regulars.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thingy said:
Lets hope it all goes well for us, , always a worry. Until you know the regulars.

How so?

Sometime you get strange looks from other caravanners that are regulars to a site, when a bunch of folk that know each other descend on the place. I think its only Grey that has been to this site before.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
We've had 10 days there last year on a rally, ---- no problems with anyone, there was around 20 vans of us, used the meeting room several times. Didn't have a pizza but folks looked to be enjoying 'em! Was with S. Essex Centre Caravan Club. My/our pitch arrowed
elm-cottage.jpg

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
I think seasonal pitches are at the back (top left of picture) apart from the one long term shown on our picture. I am pretty sure what with our group there will be absolutely no problem. Campers including the Scooter mob are on the grass behind the services pitches.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Sometime you get strange looks from other caravanners that are regulars to a site,

With a bunch of grown men wearing Parkas, and riding Vespas and Lambrettas like octogenarian mods, I dont think we will attract that much attention. B) That reminds me, must remind our lass to take her hairdrier :)

o6jyiawjkmi01.gif

RESULT! B)

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
So Folks, it was getting exciting here, have managed to book this bank holiday away for 3 nights..............

Guess what.........................the weather is forecast.............................

animated-duck-image-0021.gif

GRRRRRRRRR................I swear I will sell it soon.............. :(

TRENDING THREADS