Woosie Club

Page 268 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Thingy said:
Maybe you assume it’s a bloke

Its a bloke, Im sure of that. The amount of chips on the plate in the background are the tell tale. :lol:

Chips on the plate? What chips?

You'r still guessing :whistle:

EDIT: Sorry Thingy, I see the chips now, looked like crisps to me :blush:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thingy said:
You'r still guessing

Too true. Not being a Knight of the Woosie round table, I am merely a squire and thereby not privy to the innermost secrets of this secretive society.

I know my place ;)

Nothing secretive, bring food and a drink and enjoy good banter, repair others caravans an get paid in beer and Black pudding from Stornaway. :whistle:

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Would i be right in thinking the wig is hiding hair damaged by excess use of Brillcream and the wearer more suited to a different colour, possibly crabfat? :p

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gagakev said:
EH52ARH said:
Thingy said:
Nothing secretive,

So who is the geezer with the syrup?

Ve haf vays off making you spill ze beans.

You might find out at The Elmfest.

20190428-170107.jpg

Oh dear Thingy, they are certainly stringing you along, you naughty woosie's !!!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thingy said:
Right, got it. I know whose pic it is, just gotta work out a name to fit the pic. Lemme see.................Dusty?

Well done Thingy. That took some doing. You must keep up my boy :kiss:
BTW, looks like your Frank Lampard boys will be meeting our John Terry at Wembley Bank Holiday Monday. May the Villa win :cheer:

May 24, 2014
Visit site
The hair reminds me of Sgt Major Lucy.

'Am i hurting you son?'
'No Sgt Major'
'Well I should be, Im stood on your blank blank hair'

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
September 2019 Woosie Fest 1/2
Elm Cottage Touring Park

So far we have 9 pitches occupied:
31. Dustydog
32. Gabsgrandad
33. Icaru5
34. Grey13
35. Hutch
04. Parksy
03. Thingy
29. Gafferbill
24. Anseo

Rather than sit all alone in your van for a weekend, come and join us, it is a lot of fun. All welcome

This is what it looks like today.

Elm_Park_12.jpg

Here is a picture taken some time ago of some of the pitches:

Elm_Park_Pic_1.JPG

The plan so far is:

Friday evening a Pizza evening with a bit of luck in the barn.
They have an onsite pizza oven and will take orders on the day for the evening.
A perfect time to socialize and have a few drinks while you get to know the oddball mix of people attending these events.

Barn_4.JPG

Barn_2.JPG

Barn_1.JPG

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
September 2019 Woosie Fest 2/2
Elm Cottage Touring Park

Following on from previous post.

The pizza's are made onsite

Oven_1.JPG

Oven_2.JPG

Then on Saturday evening we head off to the Red Lion pub for a meal and amongst other things a pub quiz

There is plenty room and the owners will allocate room enough for our expanding group.

Red_Lion_Tables_1.JPG

Red_Lion_tables.JPG

The menu is to be found here and main course orders will be taken on Friday to give them time to prepare.

Have not joined us before, well this is your chance, book a pitch even if just for the weekend and join in the fun!

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/dd0949_719520a1c88043218af7b425738ddbf0.pdf

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Thingy said:
I take it the idea of whatsits table has been scrapped?

Err! NO.

The whatsits table is another thing you are welcome to participate in if you wish to.

No pressure to participate, but you are most welcome, in fact, we want you to participate as it will make it all the more enjoyable for us all to have you with us.

Food and drams and banter and hopefully good weather to enjoy.

Looking forward to meeting you, do you like a wee Islay Malt by any chance?

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
What about Sunday for the "whatever you call it" table? ("whatsits") It just so happens that Friday the park do the pizza's , pub is booked for Saturday....... So what do folk thing about Sunday for the table? Ideas!

It is sometimes called a

Jacob's Table
Bring + Braai (South African way of doing it)
Bring and Share ( Not to be confused with "Bring a Chair")

Just thinking about it, why not try a community braai (for those who don't know what that is, in American lingo Barbecue) A few Cadac's and salads etc for all to share?

There is plenty open space for the Thingy "whatsits" table / Jacob's Table, Bring + Braai ...errr

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Anseo, Laphroaig is my tipple of choice. Bunahabhain a good second.

Not an Islay of course but an eldetly Glenmorangie from a port cask is quite decent too.

As for the Jacobs table, i only asked as i am concerned for your welfare.
If you remember 'Cant cook, wont cook', my wife is 'shouldnt cook'.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Grey13 said:
What about Sunday for the "whatever you call it" table? ("whatsits") It just so happens that Friday the park do the pizza's , pub is booked for Saturday....... So what do folk thing about Sunday for the table? Ideas!

It is sometimes called a

Jacob's Table
Bring + Braai (South African way of doing it)
Bring and Share ( Not to be confused with "Bring a Chair")

Just thinking about it, why not try a community braai (for those who don't know what that is, in American lingo Barbecue) A few Cadac's and salads etc for all to share?

There is plenty open space for the Thingy "whatsits" table / Jacob's Table, Bring + Braai ...errr

Sunday sounds good to me Sir Showerhead, the Braii etc. sounds great.

I think I will bring a bottle of Islay Malt to the table and hopefully a special chicken congee (arrozcaldo variant) infused generously with saffron.

Anseo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts