Woosie Club

Page 266 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
Last time I saw the Anderton Boat lift it was completly derilict.
I believe it is now fully restored and even has a visitor centre. ......this I have to see when up at the September fest.
Easily kept occupied me .... ;)

I have ridden the Anderton Boat lift. ( and the Falkirk wheel). It really is brilliant. You must go.
Mel

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Yep we did it last year and certainly worth the visit.
DSC05278.jpg

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Looks good, thanks.

Damn scandalous price now to ride the Falkirk wheel at £13.50 per adult, when I rode it was £2.50 per adult I believe, parking was free also.

The Falkirk wheel tour guides advised us that it took less power than a typical domestic toaster uses to rotate the wheel from bottom to top.

Wonder what kinda motors they are using now to justify the new prices?

Nuclear powered ones? nah, just rip-off organisers working the on-off button.

mIni rant over :p

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
We were up there and 'did' the Falkirk Wheel and 'Kelpies' 5 years ago ( as now) but didn't cost us that to ride the boat (would have pretended to be a 'Scot' at that price!)
DSC04029.jpg

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Dustydog said:
We visited the Kelpies two years ago for free. Awesome. The Wheel was an experience and even for the price well worth it.

The Kelpies are free to view unless you want a tour of the inside, £7.00 pp I think.

I like The Kelpies and really nice at night too when they are illuminated with coloured lighting.

There is fair and reasonable charge for parking, mobility badge holders pay at the entrance but the fee is refunded in full on departure.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Got 'close' up to them too!
DSC04027.jpg

That’s one of the Maquettes ( not Jean, the kelpie) that the sculptor made before hand and then toured internationally in order to raise money to make the big ones. One pair is in the car park of the Falkirk wheel.
Mel

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mel said:
Gabsgrandad said:
Got 'close' up to them too!
DSC04027.jpg

That’s one of the Maquettes ( not Jean, the kelpie) that the sculptor made before hand and then toured internationally in order to raise money to make the big ones. One pair is in the car park of the Falkirk wheel.
Mel
Thanks Mel,
I thought for a moment Jean was on the magic mushrooms :p

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeh! ---- Thanks for the correction Mel, (must have been wet that day and they shrunk) did see the 'big uns' as well, but the old 'grey matter' memory cells not always up to scratch these days! However beautiful sunny morning here in N. Norfolk -- yep away again!
Capture.jpg

http://www.kl-cc.co.uk/

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Well ive been for a 1o mile run this morning , it's about 18° up in the Northeast and I am in the garden ironing but i'll not post any pictures this time B)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Grey13 said:
Welcome Anseo, great you can join us!

It is stacking up to be a great meet. Come on everyone, how about joining us? You are all welcome.
Elm_Park_12.jpg

Well it looks like it's a good turn out for the Sept Elmfest, with Icaru and Thingy being central for the beer Awning. :p

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
We're currently enjoying brilliant sunshine here in the Lake District.
We're on Castlerigg Hall in Keswick with a great view of Derwent Water from our pitch.
I hope that this weather continues :cheer:

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Parksy said:
We're currently enjoying brilliant sunshine here in the Lake District.
We're on Castlerigg Hall in Keswick with a great view of Derwent Water from our pitch.
I hope that this weather continues :cheer:

Yes Parksy , i agree , it is a lovely site , we was there a few years ago as you pull into the site second Terrace down on the left brilliant views .

Enjoy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts