Woosie Club

Page 265 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Glad you're coming along Thingy, Bill and myself will try hard not to disturb you with the early morning bagpipe practice :lol:

May 24, 2014
Visit site
What pray is a Jacobs Table. I have my own, but its a Dukdalf ;)

As for the dining event, absolutely. Any details on this?

And whats this about bringing Mrs Thingy, nobody said anything about that :evil:

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Glad you're coming along Thingy, Bill and myself will try hard not to disturb you with the early morning bagpipe practice

Funny you should mention that. On our trip to Orkney a couple of years back, having left the Caravan at Grantown on Spey, we had booked into the Ferry Inn at Stromness. Stromness has very narrow streets, you can almost lean out of a bedroom window and touch the house opposite. On the first day, I was cream crackered, and after a few pints, decided to hit the sack early. I had just got into bed when the bagpipes began, this around 2200 hrs. Right opposite was the British legion and upstairs a piper, the world worst piper, was having a lesson.

Oh how I hated that piper.

And
These days we only use a porch awning, mainly to dry the dogs.
Dont you have a towel?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
You haven’t seen the size of my hounds :evil:
Jacobs Table? Well yes and yes. Al being well it will take place in the site barn if I can get the agreement from a few scooter enthusiasts.
We allbring a little something. Eg sausage rolls, sandwiches, cheese and biscuits, nibbles, soup, whatever. When combined it becomes a real feast. Beware of the ‘Wee dram brigade’. They have forgotten what Wee means. There will be a light hearted quiz, courtesy this year of Sir Showerhead.
A time for a good chin wag, relaxation and no strings attached. Look forward to seeing you :cheer:

May 24, 2014
Visit site
You haven’t seen the size of my hounds

Meet Oscar
b60e83b0-ae34-489b-af60-ab690954f54d.JPG

And Eric
5246146c-1965-4358-ac72-136649144046.jpg

Both lost now, but both were ardent caravanners

Beware of the ‘Wee dram brigade’
Nae bother. I shall be bringing a rather perky bottle, Queen of the Moorland Cask Strength Glenmorangie. Numbered bottle.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Thingy said:
I am assuming that you guys arent bothering with an awning, so my plan is just to chuck a couple of chairs in the Cadac and the outdoor table.

We find that chucking the awning on the Cadac is perhaps a tad too warm, but go for the table and chairs, damn good for taking the chill off of an evening ;)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thingy said:
All for a missed comma. I can see I will need to watch you ;)

Anseo, lost more than just a comma , at the spring meet up. After a wee dram.
Nice that you could make the September fest.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.....the old Nissan clocked 660 towing miles to the spring fest from Sussex.
Admittedly there were detours to Wallingford and Welltrough .....folks from Kilmarnock are just locals!!! :p

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Have any of you guys going to the fest got a Kampa blow-up. The reason I ask is that I have a pair of the Kampa Sabre LED lights, that were only ever used once. I am not selling them, they are free to a good home. Due to the size and nature of them, I have no intention of posting them but I will gladly bring them along if anybody wants them.

https://www.kampa.co.uk/accessory/sabrelinktm-150
There is the base kit 150, and a 150 extension.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
That would mean I would have to put up my Kampa 330 thingy, just when I was on the verge of selling it. I will be selling it but not on this forum so as not to break any rules. Used it once and found my Sunncamp canopy suffices most times especially for short Woosie visits.

Sunncamp_260.JPG

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Latest Woosie Fest September:
Weekend 13, 14, 15, 16 September.

Everybody bold and brave enough on this forum welcome!
Come and join in the fun!

Organised so far:
Saturday evening at Red Lion Inn nearby - meal and pub quiz

Simplified:
Pitch 30: Long term seasonal
Pitch 31: Dustydog
Pitch 32: Gabsgrandad
Pitch 33: Icaru5
Pitch 34: Grey13
Pitch 35: Hutch
Pitch 04: Parksy (right opposite me - gonna watch what I post that weekend!)
Pitch 03: Thingy
Pitch 29: Gafferbill
Pitch 24: Anseo

Anseo opposite Dusty ... I smell trouble brewing, well I smell brewing period.

Elm_Park_12.jpg

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
September Woosie Fest:

For the Saturday evening outing to the Red Lion their menu can be found here https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/dd0949_719520a1c88043218af7b425738ddbf0.pdf just to wet your appetites. It is a really spiffing pub, casual and friendly with great hosts, eager to help.

As our numbers grow all they request is that orders at least for mains are placed before the day to give them a chance to prepare. Nearer the time I will ask those attending for their order. Aside from that I am sure it will be a smashing evening with a lot of fun had by all!

Oh yes, nearly forgot. The Woosie Pub Quiz on the night will be hosted by myself: That in itself brings a challenge because as many of you know I hail from a distant shore so general knowledge may well differ from a typical British one.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Im sorted

Sliced Bury Black Pudding, Bacon & Cheese - topped with a Wholegrain Mustard Sauce

Followed by

Cumberland SausagesSausage & Mash - with Creamy Mash & Rich Onion Gravy Add a Giant Yorkshire Pudding

And

they look a bit light on Desserts so it will be another pint for me.
as many of you know I hail from a distant shore.

Surprised we can hear you, how distant. Reminds me of the green hill far away.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Grey13 said:
September Woosie Fest:

Oh yes, nearly forgot. The Woosie Pub Quiz on the night will be hosted by myself: That in itself brings a challenge because as many of you know I hail from a distant shore so general knowledge may well differ from a typical British one.

As I am not going, I will offer a bit of insider information. The good women who put up with DD and Gafferbill are very bright, and good quizzers. Get yourself on a team with them and you will do well. ;)
Mel

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Question One...................Whose round is it.
Question Two.....................Whose round is it now.
Question Three..................What would you like to drink sir.
Question Four.................... Would you like another.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thingy said:
Question One...................Whose round is it.
Question Two.....................Whose round is it now.
Question Three..................What would you like to drink sir.
Question Four.................... Would you like another.

Yours , yoursh maybe, pint of that pleash, oh go on then. :p .
Now wheres my Chanter.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Grey13 said:
Latest Woosie Fest September:
Weekend 13, 14, 15, 16 September.

Everybody bold and brave enough on this forum welcome!
Come and join in the fun!

Organised so far:
Saturday evening at Red Lion Inn nearby - meal and pub quiz

Simplified:
Pitch 30: Long term seasonal
Pitch 31: Dustydog
Pitch 32: Gabsgrandad
Pitch 33: Icaru5
Pitch 34: Grey13
Pitch 35: Hutch
Pitch 04: Parksy (right opposite me - gonna watch what I post that weekend!)
Pitch 03: Thingy
Pitch 29: Gafferbill
Pitch 24: Anseo

Anseo opposite Dusty ... I smell trouble brewing, well I smell brewing period.

Elm_Park_12.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Having met me Grey you'll know that my bark is worse than my bite.
In fact my bite is non existent since I had all of my teeth out a couple of years ago.
The false gernashers look ok but the adhesive only lasts for a couple of hours before my plastic teef declare independence and start speaking without me.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Mel said:
Grey13 said:
September Woosie Fest:

As I am not going, I will offer a bit of insider information. The good women who put up with DD and Gafferbill are very bright, and good quizzers. Get yourself on a team with them and you will do well. ;)
Mel
Mel, things have moved on a bit . The old lags, me , Bill and Hic Hutch managed to totally demolish the Ladies in the Marton Arms Quiz. We never cheated ,but one team did and our valiant champion Elaine told the cheat what she thought in no uncertain terms. We were very impressed and silenced

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
"The false gernashers look ok but the adhesive only lasts for a couple of hours before my plastic teef declare independence and start speaking without me."

:lol:

Nice one Parksy B) :)

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Thingy:
What have i let myself in for?

Relax fella - what we will do is - pour oil on troubled waters - well small grammatical error - we tend to pour wine and beer on troubled waters!

Look on the bright side of life!

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Pour away forsooth and liberally too. Beer or an Islay Malt. No need for wine, I use Fastglass to get the flies off.

If anyone is thinking of shooting off on a trip, I can highly recommend the Secret Nuclear Bunker at Hack Green. Fascinating place and rather scary when you see how real it all was.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Last time I saw the Anderton Boat lift it was completly derilict.
I believe it is now fully restored and even has a visitor centre. ......this I have to see when up at the September fest.
Easily kept occupied me .... ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts