Woosie Club

Page 282 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Well that's the 8th. 'Woosiefest' over, and I reckon a 'good time' was had by all (I think) weather kind to us, site good, food good, drink good, but above all company good. 'Newbies' I hope made very welcome, and felt welcome . We'll do 'summats' similar next year somewhere, see you there?

DSC05409.jpg

DSC05401.jpg

DSC05405.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/3xxjndsH/DSC05398.jpg

I take it that the pooch is looking for his doggy bag too.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mel said:
Congratulations to our new King and Queen. Long may you reign, or until next years Woosie fest.
Hoping the dates will work out for us next year and we can join you.
mel

MEL i will try and sort out dates for next year, so that as Many folks can attend. . Lots to think about as you know, .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Well that's the 8th. 'Woosiefest' over, and I reckon a 'good time' was had by all (I think) weather kind to us, site good, food good, drink good, but above all company good. 'Newbies' I hope made very welcome, and felt welcome . We'll do 'summats' similar next year somewhere, see you there?

DSC05409.jpg

DSC05401.jpg

DSC05405.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/3xxjndsH/DSC05398.jpg

A good couple of photos of Sir Icarus and famiy, Michele, ( I hope I have spelt that correctly ) Matt and Chloe, fantastic children, (Serfs) and Sir Grizzly and Tina with Bella , all the six dogs got on together. Great.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
And then were three left.

20190918-100444.jpg

We left at 10.30 this morning leaving Sir Haggis to go into town to have a meal and maybe a drink on their own,
Any way back home, Caravan cleaned ready for out again to search sites for the next " Woosie fest for next September., lets hope others will arrange for a Spring Meet up in their areas, North and South . Elaine and myself will try to make any meet ups if possible . Nothing set in Granite though. Early days for me.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
A713997-E-85-FA-4400-8-F13-590-E96-E50-D3-B.jpg

Note King Were Rabbit wearing his crown designed and built by Sir Gaffer Bill and Lady Belinda.Queen Bacchus is seated on her Royal derrière next to the King.
I hope many more Woosies and Forumites join us next year. The Woosies are a great bunch of people who know how to caravan and enjoy life.
We celebrated two wedding anniversaries at this year’s Fest. Sir Gabs and Lady Jean, then Ruby one for the new King and his Queen. The Sir Gag Kev and Lady Mags Buckfast Tonic wine rejuvenated the parts othe beer didn’t :p Now enjoying the sun’s rays at Poston Mill, a wonderful site with FS and 16 amp, bar and restaurant all for £23 a night. Dogs are free :whistle:

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Arrived home a short time ago, good to meet up with old friends and new aquaintances.

It's the people who attend who make such a get-together so worthwhile, big thanks to all I have met before and to those who I was delighted to meet for the first time.

A special mention for our new monarch, not an easy role to fill but no doubt he will do us proud, all the best (Copterman), King Woosie.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......still out and about :)
Spent 4 nights on a site near Hereford after leaving Elm Cottage.
Hereford is a very interesting city with lots to see and do.
Now on a rally very near Abingdon town centre on the banks of the Thames and we've still got the sunny weather :) :cheer:

The Nag's Head is only 150 meters down the river bank and over the bridge :whistle:

20190920-192518.jpg

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Whilst at The Woosie Fest, I was asked about the Robot Delivery Boxes, in Milton Keynes. Well today I passed some queing up outside a Coffee and Burger bar, probably waiting for the lunchtime rush.

IMG-20190925-105230.jpg

IMG-20190925-105239.jpg

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Whilst at The Woosie Fest, I was asked about the Robot Delivery Boxes, in Milton Keynes. Well today I passed some queing up outside a Coffee and Burger bar, probably waiting for the lunchtime rush.

IMG-20190925-105230.jpg

IMG-20190925-105239.jpg

Useful as seats for tired travellers, or as a back up mobility aid if your own battery is flat.
As a teenager I wouldn’t have been able to resist the temptation to upend one! Come to think about it ..........:)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
EH52ARH said:

IMG-20190925-105230.jpg

IMG-20190925-105239.jpg
In th3 immortal words of Diana Ross I am still waiting.
Maybe Milton Keynes to Cricklade is too far :evil: :woohoo:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Lots of room her for you, Terri and the girls, good pubs. And SW food. Any time as you know.

Found a good site near Kev and Mags, just got to check with him . We will check it out as well.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, hope you all had an excellent time at Woosiefest, just gutted we couldnt be with you. Our home disaster has turned into something major and we are still at least a month from completion. Havent been around as we had to bag the PC up due to the dust and disruption. Hey ho, thats life.

Certainly hoping to be at the next one, wherever and whenever it is.

Looking like December before we can get away again, which will be a new experience for us.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thingy said:
Well, hope you all had an excellent time at Woosiefest, just gutted we couldnt be with you. Our home disaster has turned into something major and we are still at least a month from completion. Havent been around as we had to bag the PC up due to the dust and disruption. Hey ho, thats life.

Looking like December before we can get away again, which will be a new experience for us.

Yes Thingy not the best site for a Woosie fest, but It happened, My toilet cistern leak has turned into a saga as the Artiec ceiling might have asbestos, samples taken yesterday. Then dental and Medical stuff. I am looking around the country for sites to suit us all.

I have one in mind for a Spring fest , in Dorset so Kev and Mags can be there. But have to get in touch with them and do a trial week there. .

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Thingy said:

Yes Thingy not the best site for a Woosie fest, but It happened, My toilet cistern leak has turned into a saga as the Artiec ceiling might have asbestos, samples taken yesterday. Then dental and Medical stuff. I am looking around the country for sites to suit us all.

I have one in mind for a Spring fest , in Dorset so Kev and Mags can be there. But have to get in touch with them and do a trial week there. .

Sounds very interesting keep us informed King , Were-Rabbit

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Have the same thing with Artex. Samples came back negative thankfully so easier to deal with. We started with the insurance company sending in plumbers for track and trace and a drying company with industrial dehumidifiers and blowers running constantly for a fortnight. Then came the plumbers for the second time. We had plasterers after that, and after waiting for that to dry, the decorators arrived. And what a story that was. They made a right pigs ear of the papering and were most disgruntled when they were told to take it all off again and do it properly. Now stripped for the second time, and Wreckam and Bodgitt are back again Monday for another 10 days or so, A slight break then the bathroom fitters start to strip out the entire bathroom on Oct 28th. If we get away in December, it will rank with turning wine into water (my sort of miracle :p ). And all this because a damned cowboy used a plastic cap to cap a pipe off instead of a heavier duty one. Had he not cracked it putting it on, or even replaced it when he cracked it, we would not have had any of this.

Oh for five minutes in a locked room with him. :evil:

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Was looking for 'somewhere' for a 'few' days in Oct. Thought we would have a look at The Black Bull - Pickering. But looking at the recent Google picture it has changed a lot since we were there with Woosies, probably too busy for us now?

Black-Bull.png

Black-Bull-2.png

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Was looking for 'somewhere' for a 'few' days in Oct. Thought we would have a look at The Black Bull - Pickering. But looking at the recent Google picture it has changed a lot since we were there with Woosies, probably too busy for us now?

Black-Bull.png

Black-Bull-2.png

I am not so sure , it was a lovely, place, maybe they have put in serviced pitch's. Kev thought he was being clever and filling his water butts from the tap by the hose, but I kept turning it off. We would still go up there.
Looking at it The static are well away from the real caravanners. Sstill good. .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts