Woosie Club

Page 283 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thingy said:
For future reference, why was it not the best site? Did you guys have problems?

No real problems, The site folk were great, and the place was immaculate, the pitches were small, for fully serviced and only 10 amp, for£35 a bit expensive. The walk down the very busy road was not great, to the nearest pub, which I thought was great. My superior pitch, was next to the bottle dump, which not many Woosies used until I woke up but It sounded like an off tune Caribbean, band. But all in all maybe a 75% positive.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Pete, here is a nice place, just North of Pickering, , nice pub The New Inn, 200 yards away.
http://www.banktopfarm.com/caravansite.html. or Hutton Le Hole.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
After years of research I will now be selling my latest product at the Woosiefests.
5824-C3-BB-C3-B9-4-DEF-946-E-EFBD7-EF460-DA.jpg

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Two issues.
1. Stability: unless you can deploy outriggers, the base to seat ratio looks a bit dodgy.
2. Who is going to clean the porous looking “ comfort seat” :sick:

As they say on Dragons Den. I’m Out.
Mel

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Just booked a C&MHC rally for the first week of November near Bridgwater Somerset for the Illuminated carnivals.
Always a good spectacle as is the municipal firework display held at Burnham on Sea.

Any Woosies out and about with their caravans?

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Heading off to Leyburn in Yorkshire this afternoon just giving the car quick wash and caravan a wax , weather not bothered about sunshine would be a bonus at this time of year but wine packed anyway :p

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Can't complain for this time off year can we , its 15° in Yorkshire , suns out and the wine lovely !! ;) B)

Enjoy if your out & about .
Interesting pic Craig.
You’re all negative pics :woohoo: :woohoo: :pinch: :whistle:

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Didn’t know what you meant DD and assumed that you had been on the wine. Apologies, now I can see that the Sprite and Swift logo is mirror imaged. PerhapsCraig has been sold a knock off van and he hasn’t noticed. :cheer:
Mel

May 24, 2014
Visit site
No real problems, The site folk were great, and the place was immaculate, the pitches were small, for fully serviced and only 10 amp, for£35 a bit expensive. The walk down the very busy road was not great, to the nearest pub, which I thought was great. My superior pitch, was next to the bottle dump, which not many Woosies used until I woke up but It sounded like an off tune Caribbean, band. But all in all maybe a 75% positive.

In all honesty its not the type of site I would use unless it were for an organized occasion.

Any update on the next one seeing as madam and i missed out.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thingy said:

In all honesty its not the type of site I would use unless it were for an organized
Any update on the next one seeing as madam and i missed out.

Nothing planned as yet, I am scouring the websites for suitable places, and will let folk know when and where.
The house has another week of drying out as I am sure you can understand. Before we can get the plasterers in.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Thingy said:

In all honesty its not the type of site I would use unless it were for an organized occasion.

Me also Thingy, in conscience, it is not a site that i could commend to anyone.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Mel, not sure yet, I am hoping to try and get a spring Meet up in the south, that would suit the folk in the south and maybe Anseo and the folk in the North could do the same, as Anseo and myself did up North, at Thornbrook for last Spring.

I will endeavour to find a decent site for the Main Woosie fest late August /early September, dates etc to try and suit all. Any sites that folk might think suitable please post them.
Point to consider,
1, maybe Fully serviced pitches available.
2 Dog, and Children friendly , as Sir Icarru has two great ones.
3. Pub nearby for refuelling of Knights and Ladies.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Hutch......I know you know about this one but I'll suggest it anyway :)

Lincoln Farm.......Pub by the park entrance .....7 nights for the price of 5 in September......choice of hard standing and fully serviced pitches.

Fantastic Thames riverside Pub / Restaurant 1.25 miles away .....The Rose Revived

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
Hutch......I know you know about this one but I'll suggest it anyway :)

Lincoln Farm.......Pub by the park entrance .....7 nights for the price of 5 in September......choice of hard standing and fully serviced pitches.

Fantastic Thames riverside Pub / Restaurant 1.25 miles away .....The Rose Revived

Thanks Bill, yes I know the site and all four pubs, close to other places to see as well. Whitney Markett days are great, good bus service into there as well. Thanks.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Well Woosies the Grandad is away. (Here - http://www.coachmancaravanpark.co.uk/home ) Had a shower today rain - that is, (didn't imagine you would want to know about my ablutions!) but yesterday wall to wall sunshine, sat outside - gorgeous day, todays been ok. but not quite as good. (Can't show you pictures, some idiot left his camera behind) But put one of their pictures up, nice little site about 10 pitches, only us and 1 other on site, who seemed to take their awning down yesterday soon after we arrived and disappeared this am. (What had they heard!???) Our spacious pitch arrowed, pub last night, (surprise, surprise!!) Good beer , excellent meal, -- who needs neighbours? --
Roll on spring!
coachman.jpg

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Well Woosies the Grandad is away. (Here - http://www.coachmancaravanpark.co.uk/home ) Had a shower today rain - that is, (didn't imagine you would want to know about my ablutions!) but yesterday wall to wall sunshine, sat outside - gorgeous day, todays been ok. but not quite as good. (Can't show you pictures, some idiot left his camera behind) But put one of their pictures up, nice little site about 10 pitches, only us and 1 other on site, who seemed to take their awning down yesterday soon after we arrived and disappeared this am. (What had they heard!???) Our spacious pitch arrowed, pub last night, (surprise, surprise!!) Good beer , excellent meal, -- who needs neighbours? --
Roll on spring!
coachman.jpg
Looks good Pete . Good job you are an expert reverser :whistle:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts