Woosie Club

Page 281 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
My neighbour Hutch entertained us this evening. Visited in good spirits left in brighter better spirits. Just as well the glass recycling bin is just round the corner. Great start to a fantastic weekend. Included a fleeting visit by Gafferbill and Dustydog.

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Very much looking forward to our arrival later this afternoon ... hopefully around 5’ish.

As I’ve been more or less absent from the forum for the last few weeks, I was hoping someone could give me a quick update on the plans for this evening and tomorrow evening ,,. I seem to remember there were suggestions of an evening in the pub and another evening planned for a Jacobs table, but can’t remember which way around ?

Thanks.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Icaru5 said:
Very much looking forward to our arrival later this afternoon ... hopefully around 5’ish.

As I’ve been more or less absent from the forum for the last few weeks, I was hoping someone could give me a quick update on the plans for this evening and tomorrow evening ,,. I seem to remember there were suggestions of an evening in the pub and another evening planned for a Jacobs table, but can’t remember which way around ?

Thanks.
Morning Steve,,
Tonight is free. The site are doing pizza to your own specification. Most of us will out today and another arrival tomorrow. We will be looking out for later today. Tomorrow Grey has organised a bash at the Red Lion.early evening . We need to give Grey our orders in advance.

Sunday , we will have a Traditional Woosiefest on site or if it is wet we have the use of the Barn. We all bring a few nibbles for the Jacobs table which we all share. I for example am bring some sausage rolls.
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Cheers
DD

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Alan,

Sounds great to me, although we’ll be heading back home on Sunday.

Like I say, we should be there around 5 ish, so that will give you all plenty of time to inspect and level our pitch and trim any overhanging branches !

See you soon ... :p

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
0-B2-B6-CAF-4-C11-4331-BFB4-E9-F04-F47-EB4-D.jpg

Dusty , Kizzy and Holly at the Pontcysylite Aquaduct, a few miles away from this autumns Woosiefest.
Who will be our new Queen / King will be revealed later this evening at The Red Lion Little Budworth.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you to all the Woosie knights and Lady's for Crowning myself self and my wife Lady Baccus. As King and Consort for the next year, I am sure photos will appear soon. A great afternoon,
Thanks to Rick, Tina and Bella, and also Steve Michele , Chloe and Matt and Isa. Our newest members . So welcome, Sir Icarus and Sir Grizzly. .
A great weekend.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
229031-A9-CFA5-4-C8-D-8-A0-C-09-EF6-D4361-C3.jpg

One of many shots of this year’s Woosiefest. The Jacobs Table was loaded with many gastronomic delights which exceeded Michelin Star :cheer:
We were joined by two new Woosie Families, Sir Grizzly Bear, aka Rick, his lovely wife Tina and the adorable Bella. We then got Woosied by a lovely family, Sir Icaru, aka Steve, his hard wrk in wife, Michelle, a very entrepreneurial son Matthew and a clever daughter Chloe, oh and the fish member Izzy.
Many thanks to everyone who made this a great success yet again.
We have a new Monarch, Sir Were-Rabbit and his Queen Lady Baccus.
Plans are afoot for next spring and autumn.
Finally thanks to our absent Woosies GagaKev and Mags who supplied the Buckfast Abbey Winwick Tonic for our toasts.
A truly great day :cheer:

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
What a wonderful weekend and an even more wonderful bunch of people !

Back home safe and sound after attending our first Woosiefest and just deliberating over which take-away to go for !

Thanks to all for a fantastic weekend and such warm hospitality.

Looking forward to the next meet ! :p

Special thanks to Dusty whose final inspection meant that we didn’t return home minus a roof vent :p

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
And Thank you to Belinda and Bill for my Faux Par Ermine cloak and Rotor Crown. Pete, you can relax now. Thanks to all again.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
If you like what you've just read, how about joining us? Open to anyone who can tell us a tale of their caravannig bad experiences/funny caravanning stories or anything else amusing to a "Woosie', then come and join us. We meet definitely once a year and sometimes twice, anywhere in the country. Depends on the 'King'. Come and join us. This w/e we are here -- https://www.elmcottage.co.uk/. You never know you might just enjoy yourselves ----just like we do. This w/e we have elected a new king who will decide and organise our fests for next year. See you there????

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
His Royal Woosieness King Were Rabbit, aka Hutch
tells me he is looking up North and South Devon for next year Woosiefest. This is good news as a lot of our Woosies live both ends of the country .Hope many of you Woosies can make next year a truly memorable one. Any ideas on locations and pubs and sites suitable will be welcome . I anticipate The King will shortly issue an edict setting out The Woosie requirements and I hope issuance of more BARs ;) :whistle: ;)

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
Just like to say thanks to all, after attending our first Woosie Fest, we both agree it was well worth it.
We had a great time meeting you all, and had a lot of fun over the weekend, & look forward to seeing you all again.
We will attend the spring meets, & definately next years major event Woosiefest 2020, thank you for making us feel welcome, & congratulations to the new King & Queen, congrats Hutch, & thanks for the loan of your steps. :cheer:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
South Devon would be great, there's never been a proper seaside Woosiefet although the Lincolnshire one came close.
A Jacob's table on the beach would be a bit different.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Congratulations to our new King and Queen. Long may you reign, or until next years Woosie fest.
Hoping the dates will work out for us next year and we can join you.
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
South Devon would be great, there's never been a proper seaside Woosiefet although the Lincolnshire one came close.
A Jacob's table on the beach would be a bit different.

Oh no not sand in the sarnies again, remember that from childhood days :eek:hmy:

Sounds very interesting, are you looking In Devon for the Spring meet or the big one later in the year?

Looks like you all had a good time and congrats to Hutch on his Kingship, and dont forget to award those bars,
( but as I think I have the most make sure I'm not overtaken :) What was you favorite tipple ;) ;) ....SIR)

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Well that's the 8th. 'Woosiefest' over, and I reckon a 'good time' was had by all (I think) weather kind to us, site good, food good, drink good, but above all company good. 'Newbies' I hope made very welcome, and felt welcome . We'll do 'summats' similar next year somewhere, see you there?

DSC05409.jpg

DSC05401.jpg

DSC05405.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/3xxjndsH/DSC05398.jpg

TRENDING THREADS