Woosie Club

Page 280 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
Should be arriving at Elm Cottage around 4pm Thursday 12th
..........hope to be doing a boat trip on the river Weaver that takes in the Anderton Boat Lift on Friday 13th or possibly Saturday14th depending if and when seats are available.

......if interested here are the links to the info :)

Edwin Clark boat trips
Details and Times

Visitor Centre

Bill, We fancied this trip as it is reminiscent of the Falkirk Wheel. However, annoyingly and disappointingly dogs are not allowed. Never mind, you and Belinda will enjoy the experience :)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Gafferbill said:
Should be arriving at Elm Cottage around 4pm Thursday 12th
..........hope to be doing a boat trip on the river Weaver that takes in the Anderton Boat Lift on Friday 13th or possibly Saturday14th depending if and when seats are available.

......if interested here are the links to the info :)

Edwin Clark boat trips
Details and Times

Visitor Centre

Bill, We fancied this trip as it is reminiscent of the Falkirk Wheel. However, annoyingly and disappointingly dogs are not allowed. Never mind, you and Belinda will enjoy the experience :)

Dusty We can look after the girls, they get on with our two and the will enjoy the walk to The Shrewsbury Arms. We are just chilling on the Friday or Saturday.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Just getting the 'wheels' ready, (oil, tyres, windscreen, all the other 'paraphernalia' associated with moving home, shall have remembered all the rubbish I/we shan't use, bet we forget something we need!) Beautiful day here today hope it lasts a week or so. Route 126 miles mainly motorway across the Pennines, (barring idiots!) See some of yer tomorrow. (See they've kept our pitch empty!)

Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
.................shall have remembered all the rubbish I/we shan't use, bet we forget something we need!

Pete ..........just a friendly reminder :)

Please make sure you bring your monarch's crown, ceremonial toilet roll and plaque and anything else you fancy from your crowning ceremony.

You as the reigning monarch will be crowning the new Queen or King with their new crown and robes which are being polished and cleaned in readiness :cheer:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Just getting the 'wheels' ready, (oil, tyres, windscreen, all the other 'paraphernalia' associated with moving home, shall have remembered all the rubbish I/we shan't use, bet we forget something we need!) Beautiful day here today hope it lasts a week or so. Route 126 miles mainly motorway across the Pennines, (barring idiots!) See some of yer tomorrow. (See they've kept our pitch empty!)

Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg

2 h 33 min (139.2 mi)
via M5 and M6. Not much further than you Pete.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
GrizzlyBathplug said:
Wow, looking at that arial shot, im going to have fun pitching up.
No laughing when i disconnect & use the motor movers. :blush:

We would not be that horrible, and I could not be bothered to carry our chairs to your pitch to watch. :p
Safe trip.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Grey13 said:
Woosie Fest Elm Park
Is this still correct?
Elm_Park_12.jpg

It does't matter as 4 of us are arriving tomorrow. Get a pitch as close together as we can.

At least I don't have that smelly pizza oven blowing onto my pitch .
Cu all before the weekend.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Grey13 said:
It does't matter as 4 of us are arriving tomorrow. Get a pitch as close together as we can.

I think you will find the serviced pitches are reserved!

Anyway in the interests of being inclusive especially for new members the layout is meant to help them identify who is who in the zoo!

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
GrizzlyBathplug said:
Wow, looking at that arial shot, im going to have fun pitching up.
No laughing when i disconnect & use the motor movers. :blush:

With a pitch like yours it is easy Grizzly, do what I do, drive across the grass and enter the pitch from the rear, no need for reversing and perfect positioning is a doddle.

Neighbouring caravaners and the site owners are likely to be waving their arms wildly and screaming a lot, it's good to know they are glad to see you and are pleased that you have arrived safely.

Enjoy ;)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Typical Woosiefest. Grill failed on day one. Removed the whole cooker this afternoon. Electrics all ok. Cleaned the grill feed pipe and jet. Eureka it works.BTW, all gas joints correctly tested for leakage :kiss: :whistle:

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......the good weather has been ordered for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Thursday was a cool day so I could set up without breaking into a sweat ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts