Woosie Club

Page 52 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Ah Good Day to you Sir Dusty. Now do not worry too much ours is a T/A as well, our visit there was the first trip out with a Brand new Van. I just thought I would mention this so that you will be aware of it being a bit tight .Also Sire on the site there is a nice little Pub where you will be able to get a nice meal.If you become somewhat lazy there are tea rooms attached to the Pub where you can get a nice breakfast as well.Dog Owners ...... just opposite the entrance to Rivendale is what is known as the Tissington Trail lovely walk for the dogs. NO toilet chemicals that contain Fermaldahyde no blue. the shop sells chemicals you can use its BLUE
smiley-laughing.gif
Well Sire I could tell you more but there is such a lot around this area that is just amazing.I did tell Gagakev if you want to travel about travel north The Lady Bowers Reservoir and follow the River Derwent upto what looks like a dead end by and RSPB centre at the back of the centre follow the footpath and you come to a Dam this is the Dam where THe Dam Busters film was made and also where the airforce practiced low flying ready for going to Germany as this Dam is similar to the first Dam they bombed. Sire I shall bore you no longer but if you need to know a little more I shall send you to a beauty spot where Robin Hood was filmed these pictures
are posted on here some where.
Sir Roger

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
crazyguider said:
How many of us will be at Syowfalot this year? And what time does the drinking start???

Sorry crazyguider we wont be there this year, been to the rally twice plus been there twice more so giving it a break for this year.
Originally when the dates were released the OH was working but she has managed to do a swop so we are staying more local and we are off to Cofton at Dawlish they have recently had a new pool/entertainment complex built.
Enjoy Stowford, which I'm sure you will.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Surfer said:
Why are some posts in normal font and others with bold font even if you haven't selected the bold font option?

Surfer Its a special gift gifted to Woosies only------------I see your font is normal
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Gagakev said:
we are off to Cofton at Dawlish they have recently had a new pool/entertainment complex built.
We had a free weekend there last year as one of the free-bees for buying the new caravan. The pool had recently been finished and the wife had it to herself as it was out of season (I'm not a water baby myself). The facilities all seemed very nice and I imagine that kids would have a lovely time there. It's a massive site though, but well spread out. The on-site chip shop did some lovely fish as well.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Parksy said:
Much as I enjoy the PCv rally and like Stowford we've been three times now, and running a 4x4 towing a large t/a caravan is not cheap, so this year we've decided to invest the money set aside for fuel in visiting somewhere we haven't been before.

Was ther an accident betweentwo caravans last year when the "wardens" were siting the caravans? I seem to recall that one of the caravans was a brand new caravan and had never been used! Please confirm. Thanks.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Surfer said:
Was ther an accident betweentwo caravans last year when the "wardens" were siting the caravans? I seem to recall that one of the caravans was a brand new caravan and had never been used! Please confirm. Thanks.
I'm not sure Surfer, but the guy who was strimming the grass round the concrete base surrounding the water point, which was level with my car, dislodged a chunk of concrete with his strimmer which broke the rear passenger window of my car
smiley-cry.gif

I'm happy to say though that the management at Stowford did everything possible to put matters right, and my car window was replaced without fuss. They even offered to let me stay on f.o.c. until the correct window could be sourced.
As it was our last day I decided to temporarily seal the window and it was replaced at no cost to me or my insurers as soon as I was home, but full marks to Stowford, they behaved admirably
smiley-laughing.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Woodlands Camper said:
Gagakev said:
we are off to Cofton at Dawlish they have recently had a new pool/entertainment complex built.
We had a free weekend there last year as one of the free-bees for buying the new caravan. The pool had recently been finished and the wife had it to herself as it was out of season (I'm not a water baby myself). The facilities all seemed very nice and I imagine that kids would have a lovely time there. It's a massive site though, but well spread out. The on-site chip shop did some lovely fish as well.
Hi Sir WC, hope it's not just the kids that have a good time, looking forward to the pool as I like you was'nt a water baby either
but have been having swimming lessons since the first week of Jan and now I can even get me toes wet
smiley-laughing.gif

Wont be going to the chippy Ladygaga will smack me around the head with the fish
smiley-frown.gif

We went there about 3 years ago and had fish and chips, my oh my, within the hour she was off running across to the toilet block faster than that fish could swim when it was alive.
after she came back she felt ok so we gave it half an hour and went to the pub, got her her usual Guinness, she took one mouthful and that was it, off she goes again, I wouldnt have minded but I cant stand Guinness what a waste of money
smiley-laughing.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Woosiefest- Around 12th-13th October 2013
Rivendale

Lady Mel + Sir Aleman 4 nights (Thurs to Sun) Booked
King Gagakev + Ladygaga 4 nights (Thurs to Sun ) Booked
Sir Sprocket Jester + Lady Sprocket 4 nights (Thurs to Sun) Booked
Sir Dusty Dog + Lady Villa 6 nights (Wed to Tues) Booked
Sir Wc + Lady Squirrel 4 nights (Thurs to Sun ) Booked
Lightpole man + Lady Carol 4 nights (Thurs to Sun ) Booked
Sir Gab + Lady Gab 4 nights (Thurs to Sun ) Booked
Sir Delhi Dave + Lady Linda 4 nights (Thurs to Sun ) Booked
Sir Mucky Pup 5/6 nights
(Sir) Baldrick WC 4 nights (Thurs to Sun) Booked

Come on Sir Mucky pup where are you??

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Good Day to you all
Your Royal Wossieness, Knights, Ladies, Sirs, Dames and anybody I have missed, Apologies for being around but 2013 has not been the best yet and just carrying over from 2012!!
Thank you for your kind wishes.
Can update you on Sir Walkalot who is only 3/4 the man he used t be!! Having lost 4.5 stone in four months, we have had many tests upwards, downwards, scans etc, etc, but still a mystery. I myself still think a lot of it is down to Brambe as they walk around 10 miles a day and when you go from no exercise to that, it’s bound to make a difference!! Not saying only issue but think it’s some of it, the good thing is that his back consultant is happy because the extra weight was not helping that problem!!
Then there's me I’ve been struck down with the flu!!, ill for three weeks in Jan, went back to work for two weeks, and have gone down with it again and been off for past four weeks!! But hoping with spring coming and able to get some fresh air will buck me up!!.......... can only help me thinks, Sir Walkalot say's I’ve got Caravan withdrawal!!
Catching up on previous posts from you all, and can say that we are planning to join you all at Rivendale, and looking forward to catching up with you all again, just got to work out how long we can stretch it to so will be booking shortly. We are not going to Stowfalot this year as so much going on.
Speak to you all again soon
Di & Andy

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We were getting worried about you Di.
smiley-cry.gif

I can see it's not been a good year but hopefully things will turn around soon for both of you. I reckon you and Andy plus Bramble will need a break at Rivendale, a lovely part of the world.
We will be off for few days soon, can't wait. We seem to sleep so much better in the Wyoming and even the dogs don't disturb us.

Don't forget there are plenty of us who can help you set up just in case Andy finds it too tiring. Also I'm happy to walk Bramble but only 5 miles a day with our two.
smiley-laughing.gif

Best wishes for a quick return to good health for both of you

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Parksy said:
Surfer said:
I'm not sure Surfer, but the guy who was strimming the grass round the concrete base surrounding the water point, which was level with my car, dislodged a chunk of concrete with his strimmer which broke the rear passenger window of my car
smiley-cry.gif

I'm happy to say though that the management at Stowford did everything possible to put matters right, and my car window was replaced without fuss. They even offered to let me stay on f.o.c. until the correct window could be sourced.
As it was our last day I decided to temporarily seal the window and it was replaced at no cost to me or my insurers as soon as I was home, but full marks to Stowford, they behaved admirably
smiley-laughing.gif

I forgot to ask the wife who can remember minor incidents from 40 years ago always at the wrong time.
smiley-laughing.gif
She confirmed that I was correct. We had a similar incident to yours with them cutting the grass except a stone flew up and dented the side of the caravan. We found the stone and you could see the marks on it from the cutting blades. Unfortunately as we were out, unable to prove anything.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Dustydog said:
We will be off for few days soon, can't wait. We seem to sleep so much better in the Wyoming and even the dogs don't disturb us.

Just been for a new gas bottle
smiley-laughing.gif

Away tomorrow dinner time till Monday
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Back to work Tuesday
smiley-cry.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Surfer said:
I forgot to ask the wife who can remember minor incidents from 40 years ago always at the wrong time.
smiley-laughing.gif
She confirmed that I was correct. We had a similar incident to yours with them cutting the grass except a stone flew up and dented the side of the caravan. We found the stone and you could see the marks on it from the cutting blades. Unfortunately as we were out, unable to prove anything.
Herself can quote conversations or, ahem, discussions we had years ago word for word
smiley-undecided.gif

I didn't see the strimmer guy break the window and he didn't report it either to me or to his bosses.
It had been pouring with rain and when it stopped I came out of the caravan to start the car, we were going for a meal.
Thats when I saw that the window was broken. It was easy to see where the grass around the concrete had been strimmed and the chunk of concrete inside the car fitted the gap where it had come from.
I went straight round to reception and shortly after the head honcho and his glamorous secretary came round to inspect the damage, and fair play to him, the head shed immediately agreed that the damage had been caused by their groundsman.

mucky pup said:
Hi All Woosies.
All booked up for Rivendale from Wed to Tues. looking forward to seeing you all.

Good old Sir Mucky Pup, I'll look forward to renewing our acquaintance over a pint
beer.gif

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Surfer said:
Parksy said:
Much as I enjoy the PCv rally and like Stowford we've been three times now, and running a 4x4 towing a large t/a caravan is not cheap, so this year we've decided to invest the money set aside for fuel in visiting somewhere we haven't been before.

Hi surfer, we were pitched up the hill by Parksy, DD and sir Muckypup. As we were setting up, we saw, lower down the hill, someone reverse a van into an electricity bollard. Methinks this was done by a Stowford operative,with the owner watching the back of the van and failing to shout stop!! I think it looked like a very new van.
was tis it?
mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Rivendale

Sir Mucky Pup 5/6 nights

I might have this wrong but isn't Thurs to Sunday, 3 nights or are you all going home on Monday
smiley-undecided.gif

mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
Gagakev said:
Rivendale

Sir Mucky Pup 5/6 nights

I might have this wrong but isn't Thurs to Sunday, 3 nights or are you all going home on Monday
smiley-undecided.gif

mel
Arrive Thurs PM
Thurs Night = 1
Fri Night = 2
Sat Night = 3
Sun Night = 4
Homeward bound on Mon
smiley-cry.gif

So have you booked 3 nights then Lady Mel?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Rivendale

Sir Mucky Pup 5/6 nights Booked
Lady Di + Sir Walkabout Lady in waiting

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Mel said:
Gagakev said:
Rivendale

Sir Mucky Pup 5/6 nights

smiley-undecided.gif

mel
Arrive Thurs PM
Thurs Night = 1
Fri Night = 2
Sat Night = 3
Sun Night = 4
Homeward bound on Mon
smiley-cry.gif

Oh b*gg*r! I have now got no idea what I have booked. I think it might just be until Sunday. I'll check and amend to Monday. Thanks kev.
mel.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
smiley-undecided.gif

mel
Arrive Thurs PM
Thurs Night = 1
Fri Night = 2
Sat Night = 3
Sun Night = 4
Homeward bound on Mon
smiley-cry.gif

[/quote]
Oh b*gg*r! I have now got no idea what I have booked. I think it might just be until Sunday. I'll check and amend to Monday. Thanks kev.
mel.

[/quote]
Mel thats my booking so would ask the others to confirm they are the same over the next couple of days.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts